Recent Cruisers(if you've taken a cruise in the last 2 weeks)

ksavitz1

St Thomas, Antigua and Tortola a week ago. I would observe the temperature as reported by the ship each day and it varied from 78 to 84 degrees except when we were near Florida where it was cooler.

Water temp was perfect. We went swimming and snorkeling for hours and not one got cold. Your biggest concern should be making sure you don't get a sunburn. lol

We did Western 12/9...water temp great in Coz, Belize, Roatan....a little overcast and windy both coming and going from Tampa..Forgot to notice where you're from..if from North..water temp even in FL will seem warm to you..at this time of year..

We FL residents know this is winter..we're the pale ones in jeans and sweatshirts in the grocery stores..while all the snowbirds are walking around in shorts and tank tops..showing off their tans!

swimable?

I was on the same sailing with cuyahogagal.

In Grand Turk I swam and it was the warmest of the the three ports we visited. It was probably close to 90 degrees so the cool water felt really good.

I also swam at Half Moon Cay and it was one of those situations where at first it was REALLY cold but after I eased myself into the water I got used to it and stayed in for awhile. It was in the 80's here.

We didnt swim at all in Nassau and I never put my foot in the water. :o

Roatan - low 80s, high humidity, overcast with brief thunder showers in the afternoon each lasting no more than 10 minutes.

Belize - mid 80s, moderate humidity, sunny with light shower in the early afternoon.

Costa Maya - mid 80s, brief thunder shower in the morning followed by sunny sky the rest of the day.

Cozumel - high 80s, sunny the entire duration of our port stay.

Can't comment about water temp. because I never set foot in the water.

Cozumel - warm but drizzle/overcast. Water temp was warm.

Belize - warm

Grand Cayman - Hot

Rostan- hot. Warm water temp

Windy and a little cooler on last sea day traveling back to Tampa.

I was apparently on the exact same cruise and concur 100% :)

Eastern Caribbean 8 Day on Breeze 2 weeks ago:

Tortola, St.Thomas, Antigua-Beautiful skies for the most part, temps in 80's. Water was a bit cooler than normal some frequent cruisers told us, but very refreshing once you get in. Jet Ski in Antigua-water great spraying in your face!

I was in the southern caribbean two weeks ago and the temps were in the mid-80's all week...

St Thomas: Very windy with a cool breeze and occasional drizzle, the water was a bit rough but I was able to snorkel okay using a noodle and the water temps were warm enough that I was comfortable

Barbados: on and off pouring rain all day. It would be sunny for 20 minutes, and then pouring rain for the next 20 minutes! Went snorkeling with the sea turtes during one of the sunny breaks and the water was warm and pleasant

St. Lucia: again on and off rain all day, but it's a rainforest so I expected that! It was very humid and the water was warm and comfortable when I went snorkeling near the Pitons

St. Kitts: beautiful sunny skies all day, and the water was cool but refreshing because it was hot in the sun

St. Maarten: again there were beautiful sunny skies and temps in the mid-80s, but this was the only island when I did not go in the water

Puerto Rico: humid, cloudy, and windy both pre- and post-cruise.. probably the worst weather island of the week

I hope that helps! :)

Cruised 12-15 thru 12-22

Nassau Bahamas - the high was in the high 70's, but windy and rainy, so it felt cooler.

St. Thomas - high was in the low 80's - didn't seem as windy as the Bahamas

St. Maarten - high was in the low 80's as well -

I'm from the south, and I didn't find it warm enough on any of the sea days to lay out, not that I could find a chair on the Carnival Dream to lay in anyway thanks to the chair savers!

Cruised 12-15 thru 12-22

Nassau Bahamas - the high was in the high 70's, but windy and rainy, so it felt cooler.

St. Thomas - high was in the low 80's - didn't seem as windy as the Bahamas

St. Maarten - high was in the low 80's as well -

I'm from the south, and I didn't find it warm enough on any of the sea days to lay out, not that I could find a chair on the Carnival Dream to lay in anyway thanks to the chair savers!

Was on the same Dream cruise.

Did not go in water as it was raining in Nassau.

Snorkeled in St. Thomas and St. Martin and the water temp was perfection.

I'm from Charleston, SC and used to hot weather and both islands were great for late December.

Pretty much outside of the Bahamas, which have similar weather to Florida most times, once you head south to Mexico or south east to the Eastern Caribbean, their tempertures don't drop much at all in the winter.

(except Mexico can get freak cold snaps from the north. Our Legend cruise a couple of years ago had snow in Tampa leaving and temps in the 60's in Cozumel. Freak weather)

Bill

Was on the same Dream cruise.

Did not go in water as it was raining in Nassau.

Snorkeled in St. Thomas and St. Martin and the water temp was perfection.

I'm from Charleston, SC and used to hot weather and both islands were great for late December.

Pretty much outside of the Bahamas, which have similar weather to Florida most times, once you head south to Mexico or south east to the Eastern Caribbean, their tempertures don't drop much at all in the winter.

(except Mexico can get freak cold snaps from the north. Our Legend cruise a couple of years ago had snow in Tampa leaving and temps in the 60's in Cozumel. Freak weather)

Bill

Wow...that would freak me out coming from cold...the Legend cruise...

How was the weather?? How was the water temp?

Where did you go? :p

Went on Mexican Riverea? cruise on the Splendor December 9-16th out of Long Beach. Was the coldest sail away we have ever had. Also the coldest trip home. Once in Mexico was warm but not hot. Winter coats were needed.

New Orleans, sunny upper 60s

Sea day: Sunny, 70s

Sea day: Sunny, 70s

Roatan: mid 70s, rain. Did go snorkeling some.

Belize: Rain in morning, then cloudy. Cool by Belize standards, mid 70s

Cozumel: Sunny, 80s. Water nice.

Sea day: sunny, 70s

New Orleans: Sunny,, low 70s

Sea day: sunny, 70s

Sea day: some rain, then sunny. 70s

Key west: 80s, sunny. Did not go in the water

Freeport: high 70s, sunny. Water cool

Nassau: Warm, in the 70s, but very heavy rain.

Sea Day: sunny, 70s

New Orleans: sunny, 60s

Can't complain.............:)

Archived