having a central or boardwalk balcony on Oasis of the seas

d1cso4

My Wife and I are thinking of taking the Oasis around the first part of november for a western cruise. we are going over cabins and an affordable cabin seems to be in the central park or boardwalk balconies. I am wondering what people thought ..pros and cons. thanks

Never did one, only ocean view balconies. But if you like quiet, I'd suggest Central Park. Keep in mind the pool decks are up above, so could be noisy if too high up. But it'll definitely be quieter in evenings. They pipe in bird sounds, and there is often some classical music in the park. I could see sitting on the balcony and listening to the violin and cello in the late evening.

Boardwalk would give you some ocean view, depending on how far aft you can get. Keep in mind that there is a lot of activities on the Boardwalk and that the zip line goes across. Not much privacy. Depends if you like to people watch. Boardwalk would definitely be better for that. I would try to get more aft to see the ocean and part of the Aqua Theater.

Those are only thoughts. As I said I have never been in one. I am sure people will respond who have actually stayed in these cabins. My one piece of advice is to look closely at the location of the cabin and the deck it is on, especially above and below for noise possibilities.

My husband and I were in a boardwalk balcony last year on the Oasis on deck 8. It was the last room 8329, and we enjoyed watching all the goings on. Once you close and lock the slider you barely hear anything. We enjoyed the stroll through Central Park every evening. He enjoed it so much we have the same cabin on the Allure for next month.

My husband and I were in a boardwalk balcony last year on the Oasis on deck 8. It was the last room 8329, and we enjoyed watching all the goings on. Once you close and lock the slider you barely hear anything.

We also had a boardwalk balcony cabin on deck 8 ... way toward the aft. Could even watch the water show from it and had a fairly good ocean view. Noise was never a factor once the balcony door was closed and LOCKED. It was a great location for us. A nice change to watch activies from our balcony rather than the ocean. :)

LuLu

~~~~

My Wife and I are thinking of taking the Oasis around the first part of november for a western cruise. we are going over cabins and an affordable cabin seems to be in the central park or boardwalk balconies. I am wondering what people thought ..pros and cons. thanks
CP and Boardwalk are [supposed to be, and usually are] smoke-free, including the balconies. Great if you [like me] wish to avoid second hand smoke as much as possible. Not so great if you were planning on stepping out on your balcony for a smoke.

Thom

We booked a boardwalk balcony 2nd to last aft on deck 11 for our Oasis cruise in February. Its such a hard decision to make for sure. We went with this location as we were told that the view of the wake is best on this deck (least obstructed) and the entrance to the large public balcony is right across the hall from our room. Im hoping this location provides a little of everything, people watching, great aqua theatre view, ocean view as well as the use of the large public balcony that appears to be vacant at most times... Good luck its a tough choice for sure but my thought was this is the only ship we can have these options on so we went for it :)

We had a CP cabin on Oasis a few years ago.. deck 10. We found it very quiet. At night I would sit out on the balcony and listen to the music pipped in or sometimes they had someone playing a piano. Cricket sounds etc. All very tranquil. We really enjoyed it. The downside we found is that because the cabin across the way can see into your room you had to make sure curtains were drawn before changing. I'd book it again. We are on Allure in a few months.. we were in a CP cabin but changed to an inside family instead.. more because we were taking extra people, it had nothing to do with being dissatisfied with anything.

We were on the Oasis earlier this month. We had an ocean facing balcony. After that cruise we said that next time (and there WILL be a next time) we'll take a Central Park balcony. It's lovely to look at. Just take one that's at least deck 10 or higher. Deck 8 is where all the specialty restaurants are so you'd want to be a bit higher than that.

Contrarian viewpoint here. If you want an inward facing balcony I think Central Park is the way to go. The Boardwalk are is primarily filled with activities for kids (zip line, flow rider, mini golf, carousel). I believe these cabins / balconies lack the privacy that one might expect on a ship.

I only mention this because we watched people doing the zip line and were shocked at how easily one could see into the higher deck cabins. It might not be a concern for you but personally I would not want one of those cabins.

I would recommend Boardwalk. It's great to be able to watch the shows from your balcony. Also, there is more airflow. On the cabin crawl, we went to a central park balcony and it was unbearably hot there, as there was no breeze.

I would recommend Boardwalk. It's great to be able to watch the shows from your balcony. Also, there is more airflow. On the cabin crawl, we went to a central park balcony and it was unbearably hot there, as there was no breeze.

That is a valid point. There was a marked difference in temp between Boardwalk and Central Park.

I guess our bottom line was that Boardwalk seemed a bit noisy with the carousel and other activities. Also the people lining up to watch zip line had a clear shot into your cabin if the drapes were left open. On the other hand you do have a nice view of the aqua theater.

Personally, we would always opt for a outside balcony cabin.

Having stayed in a Boardwalk balcony, I consider it a step below an ocean view non-balcony. I want to see the sea when I'm on a cruise. Although you can see it somewhat looking aft (not true of Central Park balcony), it just isn't the same. There's no avoiding the fact that the view is primarily of a Johnny Rocket's. There's also a motel-ish kind of privacy as you can see right into the cabins opposite you. Sure, we could close our curtain, but many of the cabins opposite us didn't quite understand that's what they needed to do at some times.

I'm generally not thrilled with Oasis class. RC has finally succeeded at making you feel like you are not even at sea. But the unintended consequence of that is that it is no longer like a cruise ship, but more like a resort with tiny rooms.

Having stayed in a Boardwalk balcony, I consider it a step below an ocean view non-balcony. I want to see the sea when I'm on a cruise...
Clearly lots of people agree with you. When Oasis first came out, due to novelty, RCI was actually getting a premium for CP and Boardwalk balconies over Ocean balconies. That didn't last long. Now if one has a Diamond Balcony discount, the interior balconies can sometimes cost less than insides.

Thom

once again thanks..i am torn between central park and boardwalk..if it was me ..it would be the boardwalk ..i like the wave watching and the aqua ahow..which cabins are filling fast...but noise level bothers her..even though after a few wines ..she can sleep through a parade..can someone advise on noise ? and yes looking at the ocean would be nice..but me ..if i want to ..i would go on deck and watch the ocean. many of nights i have gone up to the deck in a quiet place..with my ipad..listen to my music and one time almost slept the night away !..and the big thing price ! seems ist a bit pricey..and i just found out there is no real drink package..we usually bring some soda and water as the treated water is not great for me ..but any help would be helpful..i really want to go !

i just found out there is no real drink package..we usually bring some soda and water as the treated water is not great for me ..but any help would be helpful..i really want to go !

The soda package was great. So many choices in it. I was especially happy with it because I drink sugar free and this is the first time I had choices other than diet coke and soda water. I thought it was a good deal and I'd buy it again.........ooooh make that I WILL buy that again when I go on Oasis again. That's definitely going to happen.

And if you are wanting quiet, I'd say Central Park is going to be quieter than Boardwalk. It's beautiful and thats where the specialty restaurants are so it's just people quietly sitting or walking. Boardwalk has the merry go round with the bell ringing and the kids. As for watching the shows there, just book your free ticket and go see the show. You're not going to want to see the same show every night anyway.

Hello Kim,

i myself was a avid soda drinker ..until my doctor said to major cut down or cut out totally i usually have one after supper..sometimes in my line of work can be very late or very early in the morning..how one wants to look at it..i wanted to know if they make a big deal of maybe bringing bottle water aboard. i do think central park guess would be better. i would like to see some of the shows..like Hairspray and others like it..hang up from theatre during school ! also did the ship seem crowded to you ?..thanks Roger

Hello Kim,

i myself was a avid soda drinker ..until my doctor said to major cut down or cut out totally i usually have one after supper..sometimes in my line of work can be very late or very early in the morning..how one wants to look at it..i wanted to know if they make a big deal of maybe bringing bottle water aboard. i do think central park guess would be better. i would like to see some of the shows..like Hairspray and others like it..hang up from theatre during school ! also did the ship seem crowded to you ?..thanks Roger

I'm not usually much of a soda drinker, but I did have my share on this cruise. All the different flavours were great. I'm always on the hunt for caffeine free soda too so this was good.

The shows are wonderful. Hairspray is in the theatre on 4/5 so that's inside. The only outdoor show is the MUST SEE Aqua Dreams.

The ship didn't seem crowded to me at all. In fact, what really blew my mind was in Labadee when I looked around on the whole island of people and then realized that all these people actually came from our ship! It's like a small town. :D I never had a problem getting a deck chair, in the buffet, getting off or on a port. Nope, it was great all the way around.

Hello Kim,

Roger I sailed Oasis deck 11 729 Loved it! I hate noise also, It is quiet when you want it to be in your cabin. Out on your balcony the best of both worlds :) Just don't take a cabin above deck 11.

Now I sailed Allure same area and hated it ,Rita's cantina drove me nuts!!:mad: Talk about noise:rolleyes:

Oasis did not feel crowded either,going back to Princess but will probably sail Oasis again some day same cabin:)

Reader

I've sailed on the Allure twice now and both times have had a boardwalk balcony room. Yes there is noise but is hardly noticeable when the door is closed and locked and you have the curtains shut. The only time there was a little more noise was when the aqua shows were going on but I was typically on the balcony watching it so it did not bother me.

Archived