Breakaway Aft Facing Penthouse (S6) question

topanga49er

Everyone is saying 9 and 12 are the largest. 13 is the smallest. All seem fine, compared to the rest of the ship. Lol

That's right. I think it goes 9 (largest), 12, 11, 10, 14, 13 (smallest).

Have you seen this Balcony Chart that bear3412 put together?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0AkRUeqCmOMnGdFZWTVVzZndrc0NkN1N0TGpZb2ZYU2c&single=true&gid=0&output=html

Edited by ibcnusoon

Decks 9 & 12 have a support beam on the balcony. I picked deck 13. Any room in the aft penthouse will be great!

[ATTACH]271234[/ATTACH]

The support beam means bigger? :) I'm just asking, not trying to be sarcastic.

I decided to go with one of the S6s on 11, because I love waking up to a view of the sea. I also like the looks of the more spacious bedroom, and the bathroom being enclosed doesn't bother me in the least, it's very pretty with the blingy tiles!

5270_642029945814202_1677453369_n.jpg

945585_642029125814284_303951562_n.jpg

As my parents always say, "Different strokes for different folks"!:)

So, I just got off the phone with him and he's insisting that in "his computer", the deck 12 suites are 505sqft and deck 13 is 655 sq ft.

Oh heck! I just went back to deck 13. I suppose I will find out after the cruise, or until someone posts a video or pictures of the deck 12 balcony. :)

Who cares already, I'm in a AFT facing PH suite! :D:D

So, I just got off the phone with him and he's insisting that in "his computer", the deck 12 suites are 505sqft and deck 13 is 655 sq ft.

Oh heck! I just went back to deck 13. I suppose I will find out after the cruise, or until someone posts a video or pictures of the deck 12 balcony. :)

Who cares already, I'm in a AFT facing PH suite! :D:D

...and if you go to the NCL website and scroll down under the cabin description, it says that the average sq. ft. is 655-824. I'm pretty sure that the interior of each of these cabins is the same at 505, the difference is the balcony size, 9 being the largest.

http://www.getaway.ncl.com/ship/staterooms/the-haven-aft-facing-penthouse-with-balcony/

We're all very lucky that this is a "problem"! And I'm really lucky, because I'm using these threads as a guideline for the Getaway TA. By the time January rolls around I'll know every square inch of these gorgeous cabins!:D

...and if you go to the NCL website and scroll down under the cabin description, it says that the average sq. ft. is 655-824. I'm pretty sure that the interior of each of these cabins is the same at 505, the difference is the balcony size, 9 being the largest.

http://www.getaway.ncl.com/ship/staterooms/the-haven-aft-facing-penthouse-with-balcony/

We're all very lucky that this is a "problem"! And I'm really lucky, because I'm using these threads as a guideline for the Getaway TA. By the time January rolls around I'll know every square inch of these gorgeous cabins!:D

Oh, I know...that's why I was arguing with him.

I decided to go with one of the S6s on 11, because I love waking up to a view of the sea. I also like the looks of the more spacious bedroom, and the bathroom being enclosed doesn't bother me in the least, it's very pretty with the blingy tiles!

945585_642029125814284_303951562_n.jpg

Can you tell me what room number this is? I'm booked in an S6 with the window in the bathroom. I like this set up better :)

Do you have anymore pics of that room? Like the living room/eating area? Thank you!

Can you tell me what room number this is? I'm booked in an S6 with the window in the bathroom. I like this set up better :)

Do you have anymore pics of that room? Like the living room/eating area? Thank you!

Not a problem!;) I've been obsessing over this for the last few days, and in one of the threads Shaun07 mentioned a discrepancy in the windows of the S6s, so I followed the threads. The 4 with the bedrooms adjacent to the balconies appear to be the ones on decks 14 and 11. Here is the thread with all the pics, post #s 154, 156, and 157:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1834773&page=8

While I love staying in the cabins with the awesome showers overlooking the ocean (I saw dolphins while I was washing my hair once!), for a 9 day TA across the Atlantic, I'd rather have the bigger bedroom.:)

EDIT: BTW, The heading says it's a spa suite, but it must be wrong, it can only be an S6!

Edited by capp

I would prefer to do my makeup in the bedroom, like yours...I'm hoping the mirror in the bathroom isn't fogged up from showers!!

I would prefer to do my makeup in the bedroom, like yours...I'm hoping the mirror in the bathroom isn't fogged up from showers!!

Well, you take your shower, snuggle up in your suite robe, and go out to the giant balcony with your beverage of choice and wait for the steam to dissipate!:cool:

I also like the fact that the makeup area is next to the window for the natural light. Nothing worse than leaving the cabin looking like a clown!:eek:

Not a problem!;) I've been obsessing over this for the last few days, and in one of the threads Shaun07 mentioned a discrepancy in the windows of the S6s, so I followed the threads. The 4 with the bedrooms adjacent to the balconies appear to be the ones on decks 14 and 11. Here is the thread with all the pics, post #s 154, 156, and 157:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1834773&page=8

While I love staying in the cabins with the awesome showers overlooking the ocean (I saw dolphins while I was washing my hair once!), for a 9 day TA across the Atlantic, I'd rather have the bigger bedroom.:)

EDIT: BTW, The heading says it's a spa suite, but it must be wrong, it can only be an S6!

Thank you so much for the link!!! :D

Those pics are from deck 11 correct?? Lol

Edited by Godiva830

Thank you so much for the link!!! :D

Those pics are from deck 11 correct?? Lol

I don't know if it's 11 or 14, but I chose 11 because the balcony is *supposedly* bigger. I just know I like the lay out better!:)

I don't know if it's 11 or 14, but I chose 11 because the balcony is *supposedly* bigger. I just know I like the lay out better!:)

11 & 14 have the window in the bedroom?? That's what I want more than anything. The natural light coming in and the view from the bed!!! Ahhhhh I can't wait to be on that ship!! :D:D:D

11 & 14 have the window in the bedroom?? That's what I want more than anything. The natural light coming in and the view from the bed!!! Ahhhhh I can't wait to be on that ship!! :D:D:D

Yep, 11 and 14 are the bedroom window decks. From what I've read here! So, if you like that layout, in my book, the S6 on deck 11 would be some of the most prime real estate on the ship with the bigger balcony than deck 14 (bigger than the DOS?!).:)

Yep, 11 and 14 are the bedroom window decks. From what I've read here! So, if you like that layout, in my book, the S6 on deck 11 would be some of the most prime real estate on the ship with the bigger balcony than deck 14 (bigger than the DOS?!).:)

Thanks for your help!! I'm waiting for my PCC to call back so I can make the switch :)

Made the switch to 12304. I hope my PCC makes the changes because it's not showing up on the website, but I did get a confirmation by email.

We'll see, he's really pissed with me.

Lol! I switched from s7, deck 13 because of hull balcony (We have 4 so no other deck would accommodate in that category) to 13302 (s6) and then called PCC to switch to deck 12. I left a message but she don't call back that day so I just call NCL to speak with anyone and they changed it for me. When my PCC finally called back, I told her I didn't want to wait because there was only one eft on 12 for my sailing! Lol she asked out of curiosity for the reason and I told her about this forum. When I hung up my hubby wanted to know if she thought I was crazy! Lol

Lol! I switched from s7, deck 13 because of hull balcony (We have 4 so no other deck would accommodate in that category) to 13302 (s6) and then called PCC to switch to deck 12. I left a message but she don't call back that day so I just call NCL to speak with anyone and they changed it for me. When my PCC finally called back, I told her I didn't want to wait because there was only one eft on 12 for my sailing! Lol she asked out of curiosity for the reason and I told her about this forum. When I hung up my hubby wanted to know if she thought I was crazy! Lol

Gotta do whatchu gotta do.

I've asked for a new PCC (a specific one that was recommended) and they won't change me.