Breakaway Aft Facing Penthouse (S6) question

topanga49er

I was booked in room 13902 AFt Pentouse Suite

Cabin is 419 sq feet

Balcomy is 236 sq feet

total 655 sq feet

I just called and 3 additional AFT Penthouses opened up for the date Im cruising (10/20/13)

Cabin 14872

Cabin 419 sq feet

balcony 257 sq feet

I was able to change cabins to #9916 which appears to be the largest!

Cabin 419 sq feet

balcony 405 square feet

total 824 square feet!

Big difference! :)

I wondered about that 9th deck AFT since there is such a large area below it sticking out. Not sure if you'll be able to 'look down' at the water or will be more so 'looking out'.

I wondered about that 9th deck AFT since there is such a large area below it sticking out. Not sure if you'll be able to 'look down' at the water or will be more so 'looking out'.

Thought about that too! But if you think about it you cant look down from any deck AFT because the way the ship is built. You have to look out or you will be looking down on the deck under you

This is a picture looking down at deck 9 aft from deck 10. Standing at the rail you would have to look out, but sitting there is no obstruction. I wouldn't mind deck 9.

2019170477_BreakwayMAY262013023.jpg.8a594d5fae765da26c6431c34aad69e6.jpg

Edited by Bobbye

• 4 weeks later...

Being my first cruise I am overwhelmed with all the information. Seems to be alot of discussion on "size", thought size doesn't matter. :rolleyes:

Anyone have pictures from room 10912? We r sailing in October and can't wait. There seems to be so much to see that 7 days won't be enough!

Being my first cruise I am overwhelmed with all the information. Seems to be alot of discussion on "size", thought size doesn't matter. :rolleyes:

Anyone have pictures from room 10912? We r sailing in October and can't wait. There seems to be so much to see that 7 days won't be enough!

There is a video posted here of 10312 - same aft penthouse except on port side - we booked this one for next May!!!

Will do!

Keep hoping for some good pictures of the balcony - and cabin - before September. ;)

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

We have 9916 on the September 8th sailing :)

I hope to see pictures before then!

Well we have 9916 on the Sept 1 Sailing!!!!:D

Not sure if I can get pictures posted before you leave however......:p

I have fingers crossed that someone before us posts pictures.....

Stephanie

Well we have 9916 on the Sept 1 Sailing!!!!:D

Not sure if I can get pictures posted before you leave however......:p

I have fingers crossed that someone before us posts pictures.....

Stephanie

LOL, there have been 0 reviews thus far for 9916, and now CC has it booked for the whole month of September. Between the 4 of us we should have the cabin well documented!! :D

• 3 months later...
Congratulations!! :)

I fought with my PCC over the size of the balconies for the S6 and he's still pretty peeved with me I'm sure, but he didn't offer us any senior discount and my DH will be 50 at the time of sailing.

And as hard as I've tried, the supervisors won't change me to another PCC. :(

Hi There,

I hope you get this. I have been reading through all the posting of the S6 cabins on the Breakaway and have booked an S6 on the Getaway. Deck 11 no windows in the bathroom here we come. A bigger bedroom with windows is perfect with me! Thanks for all the info. FOXTROT that PCC. :D

LOL, there have been 0 reviews thus far for 9916, and now CC has it booked for the whole month of September. Between the 4 of us we should have the cabin well documented!! :D

Yikes...kinda forgot about this thread!

We were in 9316 and had friends in 9916 - in September. The balconies are to DIE for - very large.

9916 was awesome for sail away - champagne and Lady Liberty...FANTASTIC!!

If you want photos - here's the our balcony. I can post cabin photos and balcony 9916 - if you want!

ImageUploadedByForums1386026682.496251.jpg.196ceb98e16da2695ade3324ea3b0f1a.jpg

ImageUploadedByForums1386026640.016139.jpg.b77771db44e06c8d6be720ae50450e30.jpg

Hi There,

I hope you get this. I have been reading through all the posting of the S6 cabins on the Breakaway and have booked an S6 on the Getaway. Deck 11 no windows in the bathroom here we come. A bigger bedroom with windows is perfect with me! Thanks for all the info. FOXTROT that PCC. :D

Not sure if you've come across my S6 review, but I included tons of photos of our Deck 11 S6 on the Breakaway. You will find the link to the review in my signature. Enjoy your S6! The Deck 11 layout is AWESOME!

Ok....as promised!

Here is a link that is supposed to let you look at the photos of our cabin (9316) that I have posted out on facebook - even if you do not have a facebook account or login. As I said before we were sailing with friends that were in 9916 and it is identical - just a mirror image. ;)

If you have any trouble - let me know and I will post some of them directly here.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10201028887301742.1073741827.1154291247&type=1&l=22213e86c7

Ok....as promised!

Here is a link that is supposed to let you look at the photos of our cabin (9316) that I have posted out on facebook - even if you do not have a facebook account or login. As I said before we were sailing with friends that were in 9916 and it is identical - just a mirror image. ;)

If you have any trouble - let me know and I will post some of them directly here.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10201028887301742.1073741827.1154291247&type=1&l=22213e86c7

Fabulous!

Thanks for the pictures, we are booked in 9916 in June and I have just 1 question, is there enough room to walk on both sides of the bed or is it that close to the wall where you need to climb in??

There is space on both sides of the bed. Not up against the wall on either side.

• 4 months later...

Hi,

We will be sailing on the Getaway this summer. We booked a Haven Aft-Facing Penthouse with Large Balcony. Since Breakaway is its sister ship, I thought I would post a question here since there is not a lot postings on the Getaway yet.

Our room is 10312, which has a connecting room next to it (10310). We are not booking this room, too. Does anyone know how the balconies are separated? I am assuming there is going to be a divider. Do you know how private it is? I am just worried if we get smokers or loud people next to us, we will unfortunately smell or hear them. I think I have read where you rarely hear them from the inside connecting door, however, the balcony might pose a problem.

Hi,

We will be sailing on the Getaway this summer. We booked a Haven Aft-Facing Penthouse with Large Balcony. Since Breakaway is its sister ship, I thought I would post a question here since there is not a lot postings on the Getaway yet.

Our room is 10312, which has a connecting room next to it (10310). We are not booking this room, too. Does anyone know how the balconies are separated? I am assuming there is going to be a divider. Do you know how private it is? I am just worried if we get smokers or loud people next to us, we will unfortunately smell or hear them. I think I have read where you rarely hear them from the inside connecting door, however, the balcony might pose a problem.

Take a look at the link I have in post #289.

That is 9316 on the Breakaway - which is supposed to be the same on the Getaway. In the last few pictures of the balcony you can see the divider. It is solid - but does not go to the ceiling or the floor and it slats off on an angle toward the railing. So you will hear when your neighbors are out on their balconies.

I do still think ours was private - because it was so deep that the neighbor would have had to really make an effort to look around the slanted part of the divider to see where we were seated.

Edited by happy cruzin

Take a look at the link I have in post #289.

That is 9316 on the Breakaway - which is supposed to be the same on the Getaway. In the last few pictures of the balcony you can see the divider. It is solid - but does not go to the ceiling or the floor and it slats off on an angle toward the railing. So you will hear when your neighbors are out on their balconies.

I do still think ours was private - because it was so deep that the neighbor would have had to really make an effort to look around the slanted part of the divider to see where we were seated.

Hi Happy Cruzin,

Thank you for the quick response! That looks like a pretty good divider. :) I am thinking because we are an aft, that if they did smoke, we wouldn't be able to smell it (hopefully).

We are very excited about this cruise!!!

Thanks again!

Hi Happy Cruzin,

Thank you for the quick response! That looks like a pretty good divider. :) I am thinking because we are an aft, that if they did smoke, we wouldn't be able to smell it (hopefully).

We are very excited about this cruise!!!

Thanks again!

Happy to help!