Breakaway Aft Facing Penthouse (S6) question

topanga49er

Whoa guys, What's up with the sensors in the closets?

Of course I can imagine, as other ships have these motion sensors for their lights, especially in the larger closets. Which ironically is where they usually function poorly from my experience.

So which cabins have motion sensors in the closets. Is it the Insides, Ov's, Lol.

OK, so which S's have closets big enough for motion sensors on the lights?

TIA. These are details I need for Doc. :) Please share.

Just off the ship and had a wonderful time and loved the cabin. I will say if your a light sleeper you may want to think twice before booking this cabin. Especially the higher deck as the noise and vibrations from spice is intense at times (10:30pm until late and 8am - 9am). It did not bother me in the slightest but I am a deep sleeper.

If anyone has any question feel free to ask.

The only vibrations we have felt is when docking. That is normal in the aft. No vibrations from Spice.

The only vibrations we have felt is when docking. That is normal in the aft. No vibrations from Spice.

I meant that as a general S6 comment. Deck 10 was fine . I visited a friend on deck 12 ( not in an S6) and he mentioned he felt a lot of vibrations.

I meant that as a general S6 comment. Deck 10 was fine . I visited a friend on deck 12 ( not in an S6) and he mentioned he felt a lot of vibrations.

Then I guess we can say deck 14 will be a rockin'. !!!!! Lol. :). Still can't wait. :)

Then I guess we can say deck 14 will be a rockin'. !!!!! Lol. :). Still can't wait. :)

Just off the Breakaway 5/26 and had a deck 14 S6 14872 and loved it!!!

The bed in this suite is by the balcony allowing me to get out of bed each morning and walk right out onto the deck without disturbing my sleeping sister in the living room. I was able to leave the door open at night and have the wake lull me to sleep. I do not care about a bathtub and did not get in the tub in the suite once. It is larger though then the tub in the other suite configuration.

Bobbye came to visit me and noticed the living room area was not as wide? or maybe she said as long? as hers on 10 maybe by a foot or two, but there was no big noticeable difference to me. There was enough room to walk around comfortably for 4 people if you are booked in this suite.

As for the noise, we never heard any noise from the buffet on deck 15 but yes we could hear the party on 16. The bass when the balcony was closed, the music when out on the deck. Our solution of course was to go join the party!! It always ended by 1 am but never kept us awake - never.

The only negative I had was our butler Roy was non existent but Anna our cabin steward was great and got a nice share of his tip.

The bed in this suite is by the balcony allowing me to get out of bed each morning and walk right out onto the deck without disturbing my sleeping sister in the living room. I was able to leave the door open at night and have the wake lull me to sleep. I do not care about a bathtub and did not get in the tub in the suite once. It is larger though then the tub in the other suite configuration.

Bobbye came to visit me and noticed the living room area was not as wide? or maybe she said as long? as hers on 10 maybe by a foot or two, but there was no big noticeable difference to me. There was enough room to walk around comfortably for 4 people if you are booked in this suite.

As for the noise, we never heard any noise from the buffet on deck 15 but yes we could hear the party on 16. The bass when the balcony was closed, the music when out on the deck. Our solution of course was to go join the party!! It always ended by 1 am but never kept us awake - never.

The only negative I had was our butler Roy was non existent but Anna our cabin steward was great and got a nice share of his tip.

Thank you , thank you, thank you so much !!!! I have been waiting for sometime to post who has been in deck 14 aft Ph!!!! I am booked for 14272.

You answered all my questions except one. Lol. How was the balcony size??

Thanks again. I am so happy you enjoyed your cruise. :)

Thank you , thank you, thank you so much !!!! I have been waiting for sometime to post who has been in deck 14 aft Ph!!!! I am booked for 14272.

You answered all my questions except one. Lol. How was the balcony size??

Thanks again. I am so happy you enjoyed your cruise. :)

Balcony size was a little larger then the deck 13 shown all over. Same furniture table and four chairs, two chairs with cushions with a nice small table and two comfortable loungers. Great for relaxing, breakfast outside and taking in the sun. Really did not need more room. I am booked in a deck 12 S6 on the Getaway and am thinking of switching to the deck 11 S6 with the great layout like the deck 14s.

Forgot to mention the second bathroom is small but has a full shower. My sister had the living room with the small bathroom and larger TV and was very happy to have her own. Ask for extra padding if you will need the sofa to sleep as it is hard.

Thanks for the info, I can't wait to see it for myself next Sunday!

Pat :)

Question about room service to the suites. With the markedly larger size of the aft balconies, I'm sure that our group will be utilizing our room for any in room eating that we might do. We're going to have 5 people spread out over 2 cabins and I'm wondering if we can have room service for all of us delivered to just our suite? Anybody with any experience on that?

Also, does the balcony door lock? We'll be traveling with our 4 yr old daughter in the room as well and she'll be sleeping in the living room area and I want to make sure she can't open that door on her own. Also glad to hear the main room door is on the heavy side as she probably won't be able to open that on her own due to the weight.

I'm a yes man. :D

Well, just don't ask me about the restaurants. :o

ugh...don't even get me started...I'm going to be lucky if I can get my husband out of the general buffet area and sit down at a table in one of the MDR's let alone the specialty restaurants...he gives new meaning to the term 'picky' when it comes to his food...if it looks remotely weird or there's even a speck of something on his plate he cannot identify, he won't eat it. So much for me experimenting with escargot and prawns! lol

Maybe I can just ask them to bring him a plain chicken breast and some french fries :P lol

Try to make friends on Roll Call, send the husbands to the buffet, while you guys enjoy a specialty or two. ;)

Good luck

I'm gonna try to do that anyway because we'll be traveling for the first time with our daughter and I'd like her to make some friends on the ship.

How was the Haven & is it worth going to Vibe If you are a haven guest? Is it basically the same? Since there is only 5 cabanas at Vibe I was wondering if I should rent one for the week.