Back-to-Back Review on the Carnival Ecstasy and Carnival Sensation

wrigley80

OK it's time to head back to Half Moon Cay....

HalfMoonCayBahamasDecember52012004_zpse413ef25.jpg

I mean could there possibly be a more perfect name for a bar "Wish I Could Stay Here Forever"

HalfMoonCayBahamasDecember52012006_zps67231fc5.jpg

HalfMoonCayBahamasDecember52012016_zps8f47def9.jpg

This is the new Pirate Bar in Half Moon Cay....it is about half way down the beach

HalfMoonCayBahamasDecember52012017_zps356d4057.jpg

These are the new deck high cabanas that are in the process of being built. We asked onboard the ship and were told that these new cabanas will be completed by summer. I can't wait to see what they will look like

HalfMoonCayBahamasDecember52012028_zps6eec97d0.jpg

This is the private oasis. No one had it rented the day we were there. It rents for $1,500 for the day. Just a little out of my price range :p but it can accomodate 15 people

HalfMoonCayBahamasDecember52012029_zpsba3efde3.jpg

This is the kids play area all the way at the south end of the beach

HalfMoonCayBahamasDecember52012031_zps93b9ab57.jpg

These were the clamshells. As I said before we were going to rent a clamshell but there is so much shade that you don't really need to rent a clamshell. They were $20.00 to rent for the day

HalfMoonCayBahamasDecember52012037_zpsd2d9a6b8.jpg

Uh oh my float is getting away from me :D

I chose this cruise on the Ecstasy specifically because it was going back to Half Moon Cay. I am so glad that we made that decision. I just love it here. Anyone who hasn't had a chance to stop here you have to make it a point to find an itinerary that had Half Moon Cay as a port stop

P1020930_zps7dbf8bce.jpg

I think pretty much says it all......

P1020937_zpsb5f0d6cc.jpg

This was the start of the tender line to head back to the ship. Everyone was starting to head back at the same time. We were on the last tender that headed back to the ship.....we didn't stand in line. We sat and waited until the line went down and then just made our way down to the tender. No point in standing in line. :rolleyes:

P1020945_zps7bc4e460.jpg

As you are pulling out of Half Moon Cay if you sit on the top deck of the tender boat you will be able to get some really good pictures of the ship.

P1020950_zps97a11ccf.jpg

I like this picture....it really gives you an idea how big the ship is compared to the tender boat :eek:

P1020963_zps9f180a4b.jpg

Once we got back onboard we headed to the room to get showered and cleaned up. We enjoyed spending time in the Atrium Lobby Bar.

P1020969_zps7a2df0cc.jpg

I know this pic is a little fuzzy but anyone who had cruised on the Ecstasy will know who this is.....This is JOOOOOOOOSSSSEEEEPPPPHHHH.......your amazing Maitre' D. And let me tell you he was awesome. He is the only Maitre' D that I have ever met on a cruise who dances in the MDR with the waiters

P1020981_zpsfa6072c0.jpg

I'm pretty sure we all know what this is ;)

P1020985_zpse1a27e90.jpg

Why is it that the walk down the hallway always seems like a mile to the other end :eek: This was the end of our day in Half Moon Cay. It was a great day.....next stop is Nassau

Thank you so much for your pictorial review! We sail on the Ecstasy in 9 days:) We won't be stopping at Half Moon Cay but we have been there before and loved it! We are stopping in Key West this time:) Look forward to more. How do you like the Cruise Director on the Ecstasy. I don't think we have cruised with him before. Again, thank you for your review.

Loving your review - was on the E back in June. Not my favorite cruise ( ship wasn't bad- we don't mind the layout of these smaller ships, we just picked bad room and felt every tiny little shake pretty bad ) but a cruise is a cruise and we still have a GREAT time!!

Love your review and pictures! Thanks for taking time to post. I am taking my mom on a the Ecstasy in April. It is her first cruise and she is freaking out because she doesn't swim and of course the fear of the unknown. Your review has been helpful to calm her fears. Thanks again.

Thank you so much for your pictorial review! We sail on the Ecstasy in 9 days:) We won't be stopping at Half Moon Cay but we have been there before and loved it! We are stopping in Key West this time:) Look forward to more. How do you like the Cruise Director on the Ecstasy. I don't think we have cruised with him before. Again, thank you for your review.

You're welcome. We really enjoyed our time on the Ecstasy. I love the layout of the Fantasy class ships. We are cruising on the Freedom in March so that we can go back to Key West. I absolutely love Key West.

I didn't particularly enjoy the cruise director on the Ecstasy.....it was Brett Mitchell. He had a rather dry sense of humor.....you didn't see him out and about on the ship too much. When we were on the Sensation we had Wee Jimmy and he is awesome. So it is unfair to compare the two cruise directors ;)

I hope you have a great time on the Ecstasy

Loving your review - was on the E back in June. Not my favorite cruise ( ship wasn't bad- we don't mind the layout of these smaller ships, we just picked bad room and felt every tiny little shake pretty bad ) but a cruise is a cruise and we still have a GREAT time!!

Thank-You. And I can relate on the room selection....we were in R2.....which was the very front of the ship on the first public deck. You heard everytime we pulled into port but the worst part was the bar right in front of our door.....that was awful. And you are so right a cruise is a cruise....it is all in what you make of it. And no matter what we always have a good time :)

Love your review and pictures! Thanks for taking time to post. I am taking my mom on a the Ecstasy in April. It is her first cruise and she is freaking out because she doesn't swim and of course the fear of the unknown. Your review has been helpful to calm her fears. Thanks again.

Thank-You. Tell your mom that she will have a great time. The Ecstasy is a great ship to try out your first cruise on because of its size....not too big and not too little.

Have a great time on your upcoming cruise

Sorry to cut in the middle of your review, but Im leaving Wednesday for our cruise and was wondering if you went to the piano bar. If so, any opinion of the player? Thanks!

Yes we did go to the Piano Bar one night......he was pretty good. It wasn't too lively the night we were in there or maybe it was just too early. The Piano Bar is on deck 8 right before you head into the Wind Star dining room.

Have a great time on your cruise

Day #3 on the Carnival Ecstasy brought us to Nassau, Bahamas. We were planning on going to Junkanoo Beach today to spend a few hours and then head to Senor Frogs for a couple drinks but mother nature spoiled those plans for us......it rained and rained and rained.....oh and then it rained some more.

As we were getting done with breakfast I told my dad that we better wait for a few minutes to get off the ship because you could see the rain coming. Se we sat out on the Promenade deck and watched the rain clouds get closer and closer. It seemed like when the rain clouds came over they just stayed there. It rained 6 inches in 5 hours :eek:

So needless to say we spent the day onboard relaxing on the Serenity Deck.....watching and listening to the rain, thunder, and lightning. It was so peaceful :)

P1020993_zps357f0c4b.jpg

There were 6 ships in the day we were in Nassau.....Norweigian Jewel, Carnival Pride, Carnival Conquest, Carnival Fascination, Monarch of the Seas, and Carnival Ecstasy

P1020992_zps2a7e2bd8.jpg

My dad was watching everyone run back to the ship.....they were literally pouring water out of their shoes as they returned

P1030005_zps0b20a8ef.jpg

I think the Fascination may be parked a little close :eek:

P1030006_zps5bc28b21.jpg

P1030010_zps2ad99ff9.jpg

The Fascination was literally 10 feet from us......it seemed like we could reach out and touch the other ship

P1030017_zps62deeefc.jpg

This guy was feeding the "flying rats" on the Conquest

P1030023_zps36ef4fb7.jpg

P1030025_zps9a8eef4b.jpg

We had a perfect place to sit underneath the canopy on the Serenity Deck.....just sit out there and take a nap and read a good book in the rain

We were in Nassau on this day until 8:00 pm....we were originally supposed to leave at 5:00 pm but we couldn't leave until the Fascination left. We stayed out on the Serenity Deck until 4:00 or so. The Serenity area is one deck below the Lido/Deli/Pizza area so you don't have to go very far to get something to eat.

P1020995_zps1eea3cce.jpg

We headed in to get cleaned up because we had the past guest party tonight. The Past Guest party was held in the Starlight Lounge

P1020996_zpse234c6c2.jpg

P1030003_zps4d9cd5a2.jpg

This was Stripes Nightclub

P1030030_zps64b0613a.jpg

These were all the officers at the Past Guest party.....the man talking was the captain and then the one on his right was Brett Mitchell....the cruise director

P1030038_zps30bff602.jpg

Who's ready for some free drinks????

As we were sitting in the Past Guest Party.....one of the other ships started to sound their horns to signal they were about ready to leave. So my dad and I headed outside to watch them pull out of Nassau

P1030033_zps996fdbce.jpg

There goes the Carnival Fascination

P1030036_zps669c35fd.jpg

Next one to leave was the Carnival Pride.....the Conquest had pulled out right before the Fascination left

P1030039_zps7555fd81.jpg

Me and Richard...our bar waiter at dinner. He always made sure that I had a diet coke waiting for me at dinner.

P1030049_zpsc066aac2.jpg

Awwwww its the Rabbit.

Day #3 on the Carnival Ecstasy is complete. Next Stop is Freeport, Bahamas

Briana, Your info and pics are so helpful. We will be on the Ecstasy early Feb. our 1st on Carnival. Later in Feb on our 7th Princess cruise. Now, question is what food venues cost on Carnival. I cannot find the info. Thanks.

Our first cruise was a Royal Caribbean.....then our second was with Carnival. We haven't looked back since. I will only cruise with Carnival. I look at it this way....if it ain't broke don't fix it :p

Not sure what you mean by food venues.....the only pay for food place is the coffee shop. There isn't a specialty steakhouse onboard the Ecstasy. I hope this answers your question :)

Hi Brianna just checked & there you were. Great review & sure brought back some fun memories.

That was a great cruise. Oh the rain in Nas. we watch them coming in out our window felt so bad :p for them.

Lost the napkin your email address was on, that is why you haven't heard from us.

Keep it going love the memories.

Char & Larry

Going on the Sensation in March can't wait for that part of the review. Almost booked room R2 but got R12 instead good thing because of the pole!

I'm not sure how R2 would have been on the Sensation but I would definitely pass on that room again. You will love your porthole cabin of R12. I am almost finished with the review portion of the Ecstasy. The Sensation portion will be coming soon.