Back-to-Back Review on the Carnival Ecstasy and Carnival Sensation

wrigley80

Great job, Brianna. Are you going to do a little comparison of the two ships? I have sailed on the Sensation and did love all the activities onboard but have never sailed on Ecstasy. I'm sailing the Sensation again in April and the Liberty in May, can't wait. You posted some great photos (the one of the whale tale and the moon is great). Looking forward to your comparisons and thanks again for taking the time to post your review.

You are going to cherish all these memories you have made with your Dad. Wish my Dad was still alive, he would LOVE cruising.

Rose

Yes I will be doing a comparison of the two ships when I am done with the photo review portion. I have never been on a ship where there were so many activities throughout the day as there was on the Sensation. There wasn't enough time in the day to do everything that you wanted to do :)

My dad is my best friend and there is no other person I would rather go with. I am so happy that we both love cruising as much as we do.....because I would sure hate to leave him at home. :D :D :D

OK. I was envious of you before, but now that I have seen this pic while eating a crappy granola bar for breakfast, I am just plain jealous. :D

I love your review and can't wait to go find the second half. It's so great that you and your dad can cruise together. These are memories that you will cherish, for sure!

Thanks for letting us share a bit of your fun.

Sherry

Thank-You so much. Yeah the chocolate almond cake was pretty good.....oh who am I kidding it was really good :D My dad and I love to cruise. And yes I will cherish these memories with him forever

I know I keep commenting on your review, and I hope that you don't think I am a nutjob stalker type person (I am not, usually, I promise!) but I would love to be on the same cruise as you and your dad sometime.

The one thing that I keep noticing is that there is NOTHING negative in your reviews. It poured down rain? Yeah, the rain was peaceful. Out of fridges? They kept the cooler full. You just do not complain. The positive outlook you keep no matter what is really awesome. Don't be freaked out if my mom and I show up on a roll call with you sometime. lol

Sherry

HAHAHA that just completely made my day :D I look at it this way I am on a wonderful vacation there is nothing to be negative about. I can be negative about things when I go back home ;) I would love to cruise with you....let's get something planned :D I'm always ready to go on a cruise

I know I keep commenting on your review, and I hope that you don't think I am a nutjob stalker type person (I am not, usually, I promise!) but I would love to be on the same cruise as you and your dad sometime.

The one thing that I keep noticing is that there is NOTHING negative in your reviews. It poured down rain? Yeah, the rain was peaceful. Out of fridges? They kept the cooler full. You just do not complain. The positive outlook you keep no matter what is really awesome. Don't be freaked out if my mom and I show up on a roll call with you sometime. lol

Sherry

I totally agree with this comment! When reading TRs, I am more of a lurker and do not comment much, but I have really enjoyed your review and mainly because of this!

P1030442_zps69fcff76.jpg

On our final full day at sea we decided to get up early and head to breakfast in the MDR. We always eat breakfast in the MDR. My dad used his free drink coupon on the final day to order a Strawberry Daiquiri

I absolutely love reading your reviews! You and your Dad look like u have a total blast together. Keep cruising and keep ur reviews coming! You rock!

And I love how ur Dad ordered a Daiquiri at breakfast !! ATTABOY !!! ;)

I totally agree with this comment! When reading TRs, I am more of a lurker and do not comment much, but I have really enjoyed your review and mainly because of this!

Thank-You.....You can't help but to be positive and happy when you're on a cruise :)

I can't wait to read more. We went on the Sensation last March and are going on the Ecstacy for the first time in July. Thanks for sharing your experiences on your B2B cruises.

I personally liked the Ecstasy better but that is just me ;). Once I finish the photo portion of the review.......I will compare the two ships. Enjoy your cruise on the Ecstasy

I absolutely love reading your reviews! You and your Dad look like u have a total blast together. Keep cruising and keep ur reviews coming! You rock!

And I love how ur Dad ordered a Daiquiri at breakfast !! ATTABOY !!! ;)

Thank-You so Much. Yeah my dad and I always have a blast together....it doesn't matter what we are doing as long as we get to do it together :)

My dad isn't a drinker so I was surprised that morning when he ordered a daiquiri.....nothing like starting out your day with a little rum......It's 5:00 somewhere......right??? :D

After playing trivia for a couple hours it was time to head to lunch and since it was our last day at sea we wanted to eat lunch in the MDR. I ordered the cheeseburger....so much better than what you get at the Grill on Lido.

P1030452_zpsdea6e18e.jpg

This was my dad's dessert at lunch....it was a Strawberry Banana Mousse but I called it "The Slippery Nipple" :D

P1030455_zps50630ffd.jpg

This is the coffee shop on Promenade deck. I think it was called Joe's Cafe

P1030456_zpse1a3c9e4.jpg

Michaelangelo's Lounge was the Dance club. I never did make it in there

P1030458_zps80b6feec.jpg

These chandeliers were along the promenade deck. They were plastic tubing with LED lights that changed colors. They were so pretty at night as you were walking along promenade deck

P1030460_zps9ebd5df8.jpg

Dad and I on our final night in the dining room. We had late seating (8:15 p.m.). As you can tell from our dining room pictures my dad and I don't dress up. These were the first cruises that we didn't go to formal night. We decided not to bring formal wear in order to save room in our suitcases. My dad and I wore shorts to the dining room every night....and we never had a problem. I know this probably upsets people that we wear shorts but we are on vacation and that is what we are comfortable wearing

P1030461_zpsb39a7c4b.jpg

We ate in the Ecstasy Dining Room on the Carnival Sensation. This is the model at the front of the dining room

P1030462_zps190860b9.jpg

Our final towel animal from our back-to-back cruises....not sure if it is a swan or a dinosaur :rolleyes:

P1030463_zps227a228f.jpg

This was our door decoration on the Carnival Sensation......My theme for this cruise was "Our Road to Platinum." I decided to do this because the Sensation cruise was my first cruise as a Platinum VIFP. There were so mnay people who stoped to take pictures and to look at our door throughout the week

P1030464_zpse2871fc5.jpg

I know many of you were probably wondering how I fared at Sports Trivia....well I won every night. I won 5 ships on a stick playing trivia on the Sensation and 2 on the Ecstasy.

Now I wouldn't be one to brag but the last day at Sports Trivia there was this guy who was playing. He sat down next to my dad and I and said to me, "You're going down today." My response to him was "We'll see about that." My dad and I went on to win the final ship on a stick of the cruise for sports trivia. It killed this guy to lose to a girl at sports trivia.....oh well :p

P1030466_zpsd88ba847.jpg

Carnival Ecstasy 24-Karat Ship on a Stick

P1030465_zps693c9dc9.jpg

Carnival Sensation 24-Karat Ship on a Stick

CARNIVAL ECSTASY vs. CARNIVAL SENSATION

• I thought that the people....both passengers and staff were friendlier on the Ecstasy.
  • Bar service in the Serenity area and in Public Lounges was better on the Ecstasy.
  • Loved going to Half Moon Cay on the Ecstasy.
  • Service in the dining room was better on the Ecstasy
  • There were far more activities throughout the day on the Sensation......i.e. Trivia (sports trivia, general knowledge, and Ultimate cruiser trivia).
  • Our stateroom steward was better on the Sensation
  • Stateroom cabin location was awesome on the Sensation....cabin E88
  • Food was better on the Ecstasy.....temperature and taste
  • Past Guest party on the Ecstasy
  • Better gift shop selection on the Sensation
  • Better cruise director (Wee Jimmy) and entertainment staff on the Sensation
  • The production shows on the Sensation were phenomenal
  • The staff at the Guest Services deck were extremely helpful and friendlier on the Sensation.
  • Embarkation was a breeze for both cruises....but be prepared for a long walk before you get on the ship

*** One more thing.....the only negative for both cruises was that we had to disembark :rolleyes: :p

Just read your whole review! Thank you so much for taking the time to add such details and photos! Looks like you and your dad had a FANTASTIC trip! :)

DH and I are going on our very first cruise in 2 weeks on the Sensation. Your review was just what I needed! We LOVE trivia, yummy food, good shows and NOT dressing up! And we're leaving our 4 kids behind so we can enjoy all of it! :D

OK I'm back.....Monday, December 3 was embarkation day. We woke up early because we were too excited to sleep. I don't care how many cruises that you have been on it is always so exciting the morning of embarkation because vacation is about to start.

P1020773_zps8e2696ea.jpg

LOVE YOUR SHOES!

I am a little under the weather so I decided to read a few reviews :). I remember reading your other reviews some time ago. I absolutely love your writing style and once I recognized you I started reading. I am just through the middle now and loving your review. Thanks for sharing.

You know you and I share a similarity, we both love traveling with our parents, I always sail with mom, best travel buddy ever.

One more thing, I am not sure if this has been asked before but I was curious about how much Carnival charged you for the 2hr open bar service?

Thanks very much for your report and for keeping me entertained while I am bed bound.

CARNIVAL ECSTASY vs. CARNIVAL SENSATION

• I thought that the people....both passengers and staff were friendlier on the Ecstasy.
  • Bar service in the Serenity area and in Public Lounges was better on the Ecstasy.
  • Loved going to Half Moon Cay on the Ecstasy.
  • Service in the dining room was better on the Ecstasy
  • There were far more activities throughout the day on the Sensation......i.e. Trivia (sports trivia, general knowledge, and Ultimate cruiser trivia).
  • Our stateroom steward was better on the Sensation
  • Stateroom cabin location was awesome on the Sensation....cabin E88
  • Food was better on the Ecstasy.....temperature and taste
  • Past Guest party on the Ecstasy
  • Better gift shop selection on the Sensation
  • Better cruise director (Wee Jimmy) and entertainment staff on the Sensation
  • The production shows on the Sensation were phenomenal
  • The staff at the Guest Services deck were extremely helpful and friendlier on the Sensation.
  • Embarkation was a breeze for both cruises....but be prepared for a long walk before you get on the ship

*** One more thing.....the only negative for both cruises was that we had to disembark :rolleyes: :p

I love the way you colored the comparisons, very easy to read nice touch. I really enjoyed your review on both ships, thanks for sharing. I am not really sure if cruising smaller older vessels is for us, I am easily enchanted by novelty and tech. Maybe in the future when I am more seasoned I guess.

Can't wait until your next cruise.

Happy sailings :)