Back-to-Back Review on the Carnival Ecstasy and Carnival Sensation

wrigley80

We stayed at Fishlips until about 6:00.....it started getting alot busier around that time. People were waiting to be seated.

We headed back to the hotel and we were going to get in the pool and spend some time outside in the courtyard area at the hotel. Sorry I didn't get any pictures at the pool. It was very relaxing and the water was quite warm.

P1030163_zpsbcf71ef8.jpg

Ron Jon at night.....so pretty

P1030168_zps541e661c.jpg

It was a new day!!!! The day had arrived for us to board the Sensation. We got up early and went down by the port area to see our ship was there.....and there she is.....The Carnival Sensation

P1030169_zps4e0c4d91.jpg

It looks just like the Ecstasy ;)

P1030170_zpsd535397d.jpg

This is Fishlips from the front.....I forgot to include this picture earlier. Anyone who watches the Port Canaveral webcam.....the webcam is positioned here at the restaurant

We had a rather large roll call for this cruise so about 3 months before cruising date I propsed the idea of a meet and greet through Carnival. I posted all the details on the roll call. Everyone agreed on a 2 hour open bar private party to be held on embarkation day. I called Carnival to get everything organized and planned. Everyone on the roll call who had confirmed a place at the party sent their money to another roll call member and then she paid for the party when she got onboard.

It was wonderful and a great way for everyone to get to know one another. I wasn't sure what to expect because I had never organized one with an open bar before but everything worked perfectly.

We also decided to had a hometown gift exchange where everyone who attended brought a gift to show where they were from.

If you dont mind me asking, how much do they charge to have the open bar private party?

Really enjoying your review so far! Loving all of the pics!! I have yet to do a b2b, but boy does it sound tempting! Looking forward to the rest!! Thanks!!

Thank-You. For us coming from Illinois the airfare is usually as much if not more than the cruise so we figured as long as we were there we may as well take a back-to-back. It definitely won't be our last back-to-back cruise vacation

If you dont mind me asking, how much do they charge to have the open bar private party?

The price was based on how long of a party you wanted and what each person wanted to drink at the party.

For example.....

• We had a 2 hour open bar with dry snacks.
  • It was $19.55 per person if you wanted the alcohol drink package and it was $9.70 per person if you wanted the non-alcohol drink package
  • You have to have a minimum of 20 people for a reservation.

I hope this answers your questions. If you need any more info just let me know

Who is ready to see the Carnival Sensation??? We were in Zone 1 boarding because I had priority embarkation because of my platinum status. The cruise on the Carnival Sensation was my first cruise with Platinum status.

P1030178_zps18af20c2.jpg

Promenade Deck on the Sensation. It seemed like a ghost town ;)

P1030181_zpsc2320be4.jpg

I am ready for sailaway. Let the fun begin.....

P1030182_zpsa80b841b.jpg

These are some of the balcony cabins on the Sensation. Its kind of an interesting location for them. You have no privacy because they are right above the outdoor deck

P1030184_zpsc12a93ee.jpg

The Freedom of the Seas is getting ready to pull out right behind us

P1030201_zps5bc1ee96.jpg

We always buy the bottomless bubbles drink package. My dad and I both drink a lot of pop so it is a good deal for us and we definitely get our money's worth throughout the cruise. It is $7.00 per day plus gratuity so for our 4 day cruise it was around $30.00 per person.

P1030214_zps29e0a112.jpg

Key Lime Pie for dinner....sounds like a good idea to me

P1030215_zps2df94b1c.jpg

Wrigley 80, I take it that your name is from wrigley field in Chicago? My adult son just got a puppy and named him Wrigley (after the field) Love it. I grew up north of Chicago.

Love the review. Haven't been on either of these two ships but reading your review, I want to go. Sounds like you had a great time.

Which ship did you like best?

Great review. We just did a B2B on the Sensation in October and had a fantastic trip.

Yeah we enjoyed the Sensation. I see that you are going on the Carnival Fantasy in a few days. We were on that ship last year in March and had a great time.

Wrigley 80, I take it that your name is from wrigley field in Chicago? My adult son just got a puppy and named him Wrigley (after the field) Love it. I grew up north of Chicago.

Love the review. Haven't been on either of these two ships but reading your review, I want to go. Sounds like you had a great time.

Which ship did you like best?

Well yes the name Wrigley comes from me being a Cubs fan but it is also because our black lab's name is Wrigley....small world....huh??? :)

I liked the Ecstasy a little better than the Sensation. I liked the people....fellow passengers and staff on the Ecstasy. But I also liked the Sensation because it seemed like there were a lot more activities going on throughout the day

Is that it? done already? I've enjoyed your Ecstasy review and was looking forward to your thoughts on the Sensation

No I will post more review on the carnival Sensation today. I've been busy the last 2 days. I promise I will post more later

OK now I am back everyone. It's time for the review of the Sensation.....

Our first full day onboard we were in Freeport, Bahamas. Now having just been there on the Ecstasy we decided to stay onboard and enjoy the relaxing day on the Serenity deck. We practically had it to ourselves. I spent some time in the hot tub and my dad spent some time....sleeping ;)

P1030229_zps19be309c.jpg

After 3 or so hours on the Serenity deck we were starting to get a little sunburn so we decided to head inside to get some lunch. The same thing is true on the Sensation as was on the Ecstasy......the Lido deck is one deck above the Serenity area. We sat outside for lunch. Towards the back of the ship and on each side there are tables for outside dining.

P1030231_zps5a06e8ea.jpg

Container ship coming into the port of Freeport

P1030244_zpsc5373ce8.jpg

This was 3 cruise ships that were in dry dock in Freeport....one was a Holland America ship, one was a Princess ship, and we couldn't tell what the other one was