Back-to-Back Review on the Carnival Ecstasy and Carnival Sensation

wrigley80

Loved your review as I'm going on Sensation in 2 weeks! Have you done other reviews for the previous cruises? If so, I'd love to read those :)

Yes I have done 2 previous reviews on the Carnival Fantasy from March last year and on the Carnival Legend from December 2011...... I will try to post the links here for ya

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1622491

• This is the link for our cruise review from the Carnival Fantasy

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1715648

• This is the link for our cruise review from the Carnival Legend

Just read your whole review! Thank you so much for taking the time to add such details and photos! Looks like you and your dad had a FANTASTIC trip! :)

DH and I are going on our very first cruise in 2 weeks on the Sensation. Your review was just what I needed! We LOVE trivia, yummy food, good shows and NOT dressing up! And we're leaving our 4 kids behind so we can enjoy all of it! :D

Thank-You.....we definitely had a great time.

It definitely won't be your last cruise......you quickly get hooked. Our cruise on the Ecstasy and the Sensation was the first cruises that we didn't go to formal night and it was nice not having to dress up. We went to the buffet that night for dinner. And on the other nights in the dining room we wore shorts. Its nice because on the shorter length cruises it's not nearly as formal

Great review and pics!! I also like the Ecstasy, and though the crew was friendly. Hopefully, on my 2nd cruise which is going to be on the Valor I would have a great experience like I did on the Ecstasy.

The Carnival Valor was our first Carnival cruise.....I always tell my dad that is what got it all started with us. We cruised on the Valor and never looked back :D The Valor is probably one of my favorite ships....I loved the theme inside the atrium....I don't wanna spoil it for ya. ;)

LOVE YOUR SHOES!

I am a little under the weather so I decided to read a few reviews :). I remember reading your other reviews some time ago. I absolutely love your writing style and once I recognized you I started reading. I am just through the middle now and loving your review. Thanks for sharing.

You know you and I share a similarity, we both love traveling with our parents, I always sail with mom, best travel buddy ever.

One more thing, I am not sure if this has been asked before but I was curious about how much Carnival charged you for the 2hr open bar service?

Thanks very much for your report and for keeping me entertained while I am bed bound.

Thank-You......my dad was embarassed by my shoes but I think he was just jealous :p My dad is definitely my travel buddy and I wouldn't have it any other way.

The hour open bar service was $19.55 with taxes for the alcohol package and $9.30 with taxes for the non-alcohol package.

I hope you feel better soon....:(

Thanks for your reviews of both ships. We have started a habit of going somewhere warm for the last 6 years. It's become addictive and the Vermont winters are less tolerable without a break. We need to recharge our batteries!

This year we decided to travel to Orlando and spend a few days with family and friends there. DH and I couldn't decide between the 5 day Ecstasy or the 4 day Sensation. We've done both ships and had no complaints. We decided on the Sensation. It gives us an extra day at WDW to meet up with our people there.

I've been getting daily emails from Carnival teasing me about my ship! There seems to be something new, I know nothing about. Could you tell me where the Taste Bar is on the Sensation? DH and I have a tradition of getting Sushi and a Saki before dinner most nights. This sounds like a good alternative.

Thanks for your help

Thanks so much for your positive review...want to take my dad on one..when he mellows out form lots of changes recently..you guys are just great and enjoy your life..infectious..have fun planning the next ones and congrats on being Platinum, my grandma could have one a sports trivia too..LOL.....Sarah

I enjoyed reading your reviews - thank you! I am back on the boards again since my family and I are considering a cruise out of Port Canaveral mid June after we attend my friend's wedding reception in Orlando. Of course we will try to work in a theme park or 2 as well. We love Disney as much as cruising :p. I am especially interested in the Ecstasy since it is 5 nights and goes to HMC.

Thanks so much for your B2B review. I always enjoy your reviews, especially your always-positive attitude! :)

Thank you for checking out my review....you can't help but to have a positive attitude....you're on a cruise what is there to be upset about ;)

Thanks for your reviews of both ships. We have started a habit of going somewhere warm for the last 6 years. It's become addictive and the Vermont winters are less tolerable without a break. We need to recharge our batteries!

This year we decided to travel to Orlando and spend a few days with family and friends there. DH and I couldn't decide between the 5 day Ecstasy or the 4 day Sensation. We've done both ships and had no complaints. We decided on the Sensation. It gives us an extra day at WDW to meet up with our people there.

I've been getting daily emails from Carnival teasing me about my ship! There seems to be something new, I know nothing about. Could you tell me where the Taste Bar is on the Sensation? DH and I have a tradition of getting Sushi and a Saki before dinner most nights. This sounds like a good alternative.

Thanks for your help

I hear ya about the cold winters. That is the reason why we cruise during the winter months.....nice and cold here in Illinois and we don't have to worry about that in the Caribbean Sun. The last 3 years we have cruised in December and again in March....by the time the second cruise rolls around it is time to get out of the cold again :p

You can't go wrong with either ship. We enjoyed both. We liked the 5 day Ecstasy cruise because it went to Half Moon Cay.

The taste bar is set up along promenade deck on certain nights where you can try different foods....we actually never made it up there to try it because I always forgot about it each night. It was always during the same time as sports trivia

Thanks so much for your positive review...want to take my dad on one..when he mellows out form lots of changes recently..you guys are just great and enjoy your life..infectious..have fun planning the next ones and congrats on being Platinum, my grandma could have one a sports trivia too..LOL.....Sarah

Thanks....definitely take your dad on a cruise. Today was my dad's birthday and I surprised him with our next cruise as his birthday present.

I had a cake made that said "Surprise you're going on a Cruise for your Birthday!!!!!"

I would definitely like to meet your grandma :D

Thank-You.....You can't help but to be positive and happy when you're on a cruise :)

You know how when you have a favorite tv show and it is the final season, then the show comes to an end and every week at the time you always watched it, you feel sad because it is over?

Your review is my tv show. :D I am looking forward to your next cruise so we get another review.

Sherry

You know how when you have a favorite tv show and it is the final season, then the show comes to an end and every week at the time you always watched it, you feel sad because it is over?

Your review is my tv show. :D I am looking forward to your next cruise so we get another review.

Sherry

Awwwwwww you just made my day Sherry. You are so sweet. You won't have to wait too long. Our next cruise is on the Carnival Freedom 6 weeks from today. Hopefully the time will go by fast.....hehe.

And ya know I thought that towel animal looked like a turkey too so great minds must think alike.....haha

• 4 weeks later...
P1020877_zps5e138899.jpg

P1020882_zps2541ba5e.jpg

My dad and I could sit and watch the ocean go by for hours. It is so peaceful. The outdoor deck is on Deck 10 - Lido. It is a nice, quiet place to sit and relax

P1020887_zpsdcb1e887.jpg

This is a picture looking into the Bridge on Deck 10....I knocked on the door but suprisingly they wouldn't let me in :p

P1020890_zps26ef59f0.jpg

This map is located on Promenade deck at the Rolls Royce coffee bar.....it is nice to check-in and see where we are located

I wanted to say I'm loving your review. I love watching the GPS channel to see where we are. One of my relatives was good friends with Sir Francis Beaufort who invented the Beaufort Scale. I was reading information for my genealogy research and found out that my Cousin was a shipping agent and was good friends with Beaufort about the time he invented the Beaufort scale(:

I wanted to say I'm loving your review. I love watching the GPS channel to see where we are. One of my relatives was good friends with Sir Francis Beaufort who invented the Beaufort Scale. I was reading information for my genealogy research and found out that my Cousin was a shipping agent and was good friends with Beaufort about the time he invented the Beaufort scale(:

Yeah my dad likes to stop along Promenade and check out the map as well.....he likes it when they tell us how deep the water is