Back-to-Back Review on the Carnival Ecstasy and Carnival Sensation

wrigley80

Thank-You....I love cruising with my dad. There is no other person I would rather cruise with. My dad and I always have so much fun when were cruising.

We are cruising on the Imagination and Sunshine in December (back-to-back cruises). So be sure to keep a lookout for those reviews once I return.

Went on the Imagination in 06. Sensation in '09. Last time I was in Freeport, señor frogs hadn't been built. Will check it out for sure when we go in a few weeks. I have the Sunshine in my radar next year, so I will look out for your review. ;)

Went on the Imagination in 06. Sensation in '09. Last time I was in Freeport, señor frogs hadn't been built. Will check it out for sure when we go in a few weeks. I have the Sunshine in my radar next year, so I will look out for your review. ;)

Yeah that senor frogs in Freeport is pretty nice......definitely check it out.

I'm sure my review on the Carnival Sunshine will be huge when I return....I'm excited to do another review

• 5 months later...
You're welcome. We really enjoyed our time on the Ecstasy. I love the layout of the Fantasy class ships. We are cruising on the Freedom in March so that we can go back to Key West. I absolutely love Key West.

I didn't particularly enjoy the cruise director on the Ecstasy.....it was Brett Mitchell. He had a rather dry sense of humor.....you didn't see him out and about on the ship too much. When we were on the Sensation we had Wee Jimmy and he is awesome. So it is unfair to compare the two cruise directors ;)

I hope you have a great time on the Ecstasy

Hi I am enjoying reading your review, as we are thinking about the Ecstacy for April.

I just had to comment. I am the type that CDs make a big impact on the cruise and I have had both Wee Jimmy and Brent. Brent happens to be my all time favorite CD! Just one proof of how everyone's taste varies. :)

Hi I am enjoying reading your review, as we are thinking about the Ecstacy for April.

I just had to comment. I am the type that CDs make a big impact on the cruise and I have had both Wee Jimmy and Brent. Brent happens to be my all time favorite CD! Just one proof of how everyone's taste varies. :)[/size]

Yes it is. Everyone has different likes and dislikes. We have had several cruise directors over the years and you have come to expect the cruise director to be active and involved with the passengers. To be friendly and courteous when you see them around the ship. Brent Mitchell was definitely not any of those.

We just returned from a cruise on the Carnival Sunshine where we had Jaime Dee as our cruise director. She was amazing. She would stop and say Hello. She was quite visible around the ship.

• 1 month later...
We had a rather large roll call for this cruise so about 3 months before cruising date I propsed the idea of a meet and greet through Carnival. I posted all the details on the roll call. Everyone agreed on a 2 hour open bar private party to be held on embarkation day. I called Carnival to get everything organized and planned. Everyone on the roll call who had confirmed a place at the party sent their money to another roll call member and then she paid for the party when she got onboard.

It was wonderful and a great way for everyone to get to know one another. I wasn't sure what to expect because I had never organized one with an open bar before but everything worked perfectly.

We also decided to had a hometown gift exchange where everyone who attended brought a gift to show where they were from.

This is Matt (Mhurst) and Danielle from Nashville, TN

Matt (Mhurst) and Danielle!!! They were on our cruise on Valor last year and we finally met up on the "Spencer Amrose Jalousie Beach Break" tour in St. Lucia and we ran into them at the airport in San Juan right before our flight back home. We really enjoyed them, they are so nice and we have a football team in common. Small world!!! Enjoying your review so far. I just had to let you know we met Matt and Danielle thought.

Just finished reading your review and thank you again for posting the links to this one and the others. That is a HUGE Ron Jon surf shop and I thought the one in Myrtle Beach was large. I really enjoyed reading and I love the one picture you have of the "whale tail" (funnel) at sunset. You should post that picture to the CC thread "Show us your funnel". I haven't seen that one pop up in a while though but it's still here somewhere. My DH is originally from Chicago (Des Plaines) and moved to PA when he was 9. Going to get some housework done then I'll be on to one of your other reviews. Thank you again for taking the time to do these. :)

We had a rather large roll call for this cruise so about 3 months before cruising date I propsed the idea of a meet and greet through Carnival. I posted all the details on the roll call. Everyone agreed on a 2 hour open bar private party to be held on embarkation day. I called Carnival to get everything organized and planned. Everyone on the roll call who had confirmed a place at the party sent their money to another roll call member and then she paid for the party when she got onboard.

It was wonderful and a great way for everyone to get to know one another. I wasn't sure what to expect because I had never organized one with an open bar before but everything worked perfectly.

We also decided to had a hometown gift exchange where everyone who attended brought a gift to show where they were from.

This is Matt (Mhurst) and Danielle from Nashville, TN

Matt (Mhurst) and Danielle!!! They were on our cruise on Valor last year and we finally met up on the "Spencer Amrose Jalousie Beach Break" tour in St. Lucia and we ran into them at the airport in San Juan right before our flight back home. We really enjoyed them, they are so nice and we have a football team in common. Small world!!! Enjoying your review so far. I just had to let you know we met Matt and Danielle thought.

Haha yeah it is a small world. They were very nice people

Just finished reading your review and thank you again for posting the links to this one and the others. That is a HUGE Ron Jon surf shop and I thought the one in Myrtle Beach was large. I really enjoyed reading and I love the one picture you have of the "whale tail" (funnel) at sunset. You should post that picture to the CC thread "Show us your funnel". I haven't seen that one pop up in a while though but it's still here somewhere. My DH is originally from Chicago (Des Plaines) and moved to PA when he was 9. Going to get some housework done then I'll be on to one of your other reviews. Thank you again for taking the time to do these. :)

Thanks I will post that photo on there tonight. I love taking photos of the funnel. You can never have enough.

We cruise out of Port Canaveral in April. I can't wait to go back to Ron Jon's again

• 2 months later...
  • 3 years later...
I'm back this morning. It is a tough morning around here after Notre Dame poor showing in the National Championship game. Oh well I guess it is only a game :rolleyes:

Time to get back to the review.....the day in between the two cruises my dad and I wanted to go to dinner at Fishlips Restaurant along the waterfront down by the port. It was a perfect place to watch the cruise ships leave. We arrived around 3:30 to get a spot upstairs. We ordered the Fish and Chips and waited for the ships to leave.

The first ship to leave was the Carnival Ecstasy.....

P1030137_zps867aeda0.jpg

There she is.....somebody is in my cabin. I hope they had fun just like we did on the Ecstasy

P1030138_zpseb687322.jpg

I just love looking at the Ecstasy, she always has a milky, eggshell look about her. Very regal and yet humble. She is aged, but gracefully, mind you. She had a few chinks and scrapes and scratches, but wore them well. I know I have a spot for her in my heart forever, being my virgin cruise ship. I would cruise on her any day, anytime. God bless the Ecstasy!

The next ship to leave port was the Carnival Dream.....

P1030142_zpscec11ff4.jpg

It looks like she is headed right for us......

P1030143_zpsea3d6f01.jpg

P1030144_zps8c323e30.jpg

That boat looks a little puny next to the Carnival Dream

P1030145_zpsf6a0a71a.jpg

That ship looks gorgeous with the sun shining on it.

P1030146_zpsb5fe4230.jpg

She is gorgeous, and that straight on pic made me say "WOW"

P1030463_zps227a228f.jpg

Thank you for your review! I (along with my significant other) will be taking a cruise on the Sensation in just two months (our very first cruise ever!). My question is: Did you use magnets for the decorations on your stateroom door or tape and paper? I want to do a little something to celebrate our first cruise (and also to make our room easier to find when we've had a little too much, ha) and I'm not sure exactly how to go about it. Thanks for your advice!

And the last ship to leave was the Disney Fantasy......

P1030150_zpsab19a53b.jpg

P1030155_zps1908e83a.jpg

P1030159_zps02b97fc6.jpg

I have always wanted to go on a Disney cruise but I don't think I could handle being around that many kids ;) I will just stick with Carnival

That Disney ship is just plain homely and awkward looking. Looks like it is going to tip over any minute. I love ships and appreciate the beauty, but this ship is like a red headed step child.

• 2 months later...
I know I keep commenting on your review, and I hope that you don't think I am a nutjob stalker type person (I am not, usually, I promise!) but I would love to be on the same cruise as you and your dad sometime.

The one thing that I keep noticing is that there is NOTHING negative in your reviews. It poured down rain? Yeah, the rain was peaceful. Out of fridges? They kept the cooler full. You just do not complain. The positive outlook you keep no matter what is really awesome. Don't be freaked out if my mom and I show up on a roll call with you sometime. lol

Sherry

Agreed! So many reviewers seem to complain about every little thing. So refreshing to see you keep a positive attitude through it all! :)