Upgrade Fairy!

OhioGirl

I'm sailing on Feb 17th, on the NCL Dawn...we booked an gty balcony (and I'm really ok with that) but a girl can hope that the Upgrade Fairy's look down on her reservation and offer us a deal to upgrade to a suite.

I'm sailing on Feb 17th, on the NCL Dawn...we booked an gty balcony (and I'm really ok with that) but a girl can hope that the Upgrade Fairy's look down on her reservation and offer us a deal to upgrade to a suite.

Good Luck, it can happen! It happened to us on the Star to Bermuda September 30th sailing. We were booked in an Aft Facing Balcony Cabin #10230. The Upsell Fairy called us on Thursday, we were leaving on Sunday and offered us an Aft Facing Penthouse Suite #9232 with a wrap around balcony. What an amazing experience! I sincerely hope you get the call.... :D

Good Luck, it can happen! It happened to us on the Star to Bermuda September 30th sailing. We were booked in an Aft Facing Balcony Cabin #10230. The Upsell Fairy called us on Thursday, we were leaving on Sunday and offered us an Aft Facing Penthouse Suite #9232 with a wrap around balcony. What an amazing experience! I sincerely hope you get the call.... :D

Thanks...

I think the difference between the two bookings is the OP booked a guaranty and the previous poster booked a certain cabin Aft balcony. Since the Aft penthouse was available the Fairy came and they were upgraded. I would find it highly unlikely to get a suite from a balcony guarantee unless the ship was really unsold. The people who paid more for higher categories would get the minisuite options or above before the OP. Sorry, but that seems to be the way it works. They may offer you an upsell option but not a free upgrade to a minisuite or above.

I always see posts about the upgrade fairy. I'm already booked in a penthouse suite. Does the fairy ever offer upgrades from penthouse to let's say haven???:D Lol anyone ever have that happen to them? Fingers crossed :o

I always see posts about the upgrade fairy. I'm already booked in a penthouse suite. Does the fairy ever offer upgrades from penthouse to let's say haven???:D Lol anyone ever have that happen to them? Fingers crossed :o

My daughter and I took our first cruise last June on the Gem. Was booked in a forward penthouse suite. Four days before the cruise got a call from the upsell fairy offering us an owners suite. Wasn't directly in the haven but we had use of it. Loved the owners suite! Doubt it will ever happen to me again!

We have a Penthouse booked for an upcoming Sky sailing. Looked a week ago and there were two Owner's Suites and an Aft Balcony open. Today all suites on all January sailings have been booked. So guessing the upsell fairy did her work. No calls to us though. Figured even if we didn't get one of those three suites that we might have received a call when another suite opened up due to the upsells.

Oh well, I'm happy where I'm at. :)

I was originally going to book the owners suite but I'm sailing in Feb out of NY and I felt it wasn't worth the extra money for haven access when most of my cruise days the weather will be cold to utilizie the haven outdoor space. I already had suite perks in the penthouse suite so I felt it wasn't worth the extra money. Unless I get offered a cheap upgrade price I'm happy with my aft penthouse :p

I was originally going to book the owners suite but I'm sailing in Feb out of NY and I felt it wasn't worth the extra money for haven access when most of my cruise days the weather will be cold to utilizie the haven outdoor space. I already had suite perks in the penthouse suite so I felt it wasn't worth the extra money. Unless I get offered a cheap upgrade price I'm happy with my aft penthouse :p

If the weather is cold they will close the retractable roof, that is when you want access to the haven outdoor space...can still use the pool and hot tub without freezing

It can happen....:D...My DD and I had a balcony booked on the Star Dec 9 and the Thurs before we sailed they called and wanted us to upgrade to a PH for $500....I told them no I didnt want to do it, and when I told my DD about it she about had a fit and wanted to do it....I called them back and they had already sold it....but, they told me they had one of the new family suites left for $350...I grabbed it and it was the most incredible cabin ever!!! We did a cabin crawl and I liked my Family suite better than the PH...I didnt want to get off the ship when it returned home or in the least, take our butler, Made pronounced maday, with us...lol

You are sailing during NY's February Break. I wouldn't count on them upgrading you. There are only about 10 suites still available.

Last May (2012), my wife and I had booked an aft-facing penthouse suite on the EPIC (Western Med cruise). 2 days prior to the cuise on our way to airport, the "upgrade fairy" called and offered us a Deluxe Owners Suite. I'm in trouble now, since I'll never get my wife back to a balcony stateroom.:rolleyes:

• 5 months later...
Never got a call from the upgrade fairy for our Dawn cruise in Feb....but we are booked on the Jewel in Sept...Going to keep my fingers crossed~

How far out do you book your reservations? One theory is the older reservation numbers get looked at first by the Upsell Fairy.

To all those who received a call from the Upsell dept. and it worked out, congratulations. I'm really happy to know it actually works. We were booked on the POA in an Aft balcony room[not a suite] in March. About four days before we left, we got the call from the Upsell dept. They offered us a Deluxe Penthouse Suite at a good rate. We jumped at the chance. It was booked, we received all our new paperwork including new luggage tags and our credit card was charged. We, of course, were really excited and called our friends and family to share the great news.

The day before we left, I received a phone call telling us, there had been a mistake. The room wasn't available and we would be put back in our original room. Neddless to say, we still had a great cruise, but were really disappointed.

I haven't been offered an upgrade/upsell on NCL but in Feb. I was called and offered a suite on CCL for $1140 total. Needless to say I passed. We already had an aft wrap (huge balcony) and because CCL doesn't really have any suite perks it wasn't worth it. Had it been under $500.00 total I might have considered it.

To all those who received a call from the Upsell dept. and it worked out, congratulations. I'm really happy to know it actually works. We were booked on the POA in an Aft balcony room[not a suite] in March. About four days before we left, we got the call from the Upsell dept. They offered us a Deluxe Penthouse Suite at a good rate. We jumped at the chance. It was booked, we received all our new paperwork including new luggage tags and our credit card was charged. We, of course, were really excited and called our friends and family to share the great news.

The day before we left, I received a phone call telling us, there had been a mistake. The room wasn't available and we would be put back in our original room. Neddless to say, we still had a great cruise, but were really disappointed.

I think they should have honored your perks regardless....

I think they should have flagged you as a VIP, allowed you to have breakfast and lunch in Cagney's, priority tendering, access to the concierge, priority show seats.......and priority embarkation. Oh and maybe even a tour of the bridg....... If I ran NCL customer relations that is what I would have done......

I think that kind of a gesture would have gone a long way....... You could have taken legal action against them.

I am sorry that it happened to you....that sounds just awful......