Infinity Room Questions

tlk1013

We've booked the May 13th British Isles cruise and are excited! Aqua Class is our choice but not sure if staterooms on Deck 11 or Deck 9 would be better. Also, any thoughts on port or starboard? Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

[quote name=tlk1

013]We've booked the May 13th British Isles cruise and are excited! Aqua Class is our choice but not sure if staterooms on Deck 11 or Deck 9 would be better. Also, any thoughts on port or starboard? Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

Port vs. Starboard is a tossup - no real difference either way. Don't book one vs. the other based on which way the ship may have faced the last time it docked at a particular port because it can change each time the ship docks at that port.

Deck 9 vs. 11 - tougher choice. Depends on what is important to you. We sailed Summit this fall and faced the same choice and ultimately opted for deck 11.

Pros/Cons of deck 11 - all cabins a NEW (not refurbished) so you will see little to no wear and tear. You are right above the buffet and the pool and deck 11 is VERY convenient to both. Virtually no noise from above because all that is above you is a sun deck that is virtually empty all of the time. You are high so you have a great view. Your balcony has little cover (maybe 3' at best). Some see this as an advantage (more sun) while others see it as a disadvantage (no cover from the rain). Since these cabins are towards the back of the ship it can be a long walk to activities towards the front of the ship.

Pros/Cons of deck 9 - Closer to the spa if that's your thing. Your balcony has a HUGE cover that extends many feet beyond the ship deck above you. You will never get wet but you get zero sun and some balconies have support posts for the deck above that can block you view in some situations. These cabins are refurbished and there have been a lot of complaints about the condition of the bathrooms in some cabins as they were not refurbished to the same standards as the cabins were. Also, many of the deck 9 cabins have issues with sound from above depending on what is just above you. Avoid being under the pool/buffet and you will probably be OK.

As I noted, we opted for 11. This is mainly because we wanted a NEW cabin and we were vey happy with our choice.

Wondering what you thought of BLU dining on the Infinity ? We have been on both Equinox and Silhouette for extended Transatlantics, and love BLU. We are booked on Infinity for Panama Canal in April, and wonder how BLU will compare? BTW, we cose deck 11, just hoping it won't be too much sun. Really do not like the deep overhang on deck 9.

Wondering what you thought of BLU dining on the Infinity ? We have been on both Equinox and Silhouette for extended Transatlantics, and love BLU. We are booked on Infinity for Panama Canal in April, and wonder how BLU will compare? BTW, we cose deck 11, just hoping it won't be too much sun. Really do not like the deep overhang on deck 9.

Not sure if yor queston was directed to me....I can only speak to Summit (sister to Infinity) but Blu was SUPERB. We will never do non aqua class again.

We did B2B Panama Canal cruises on the Infinity last spring, and were in one of the new Aqua Class rooms on deck 11. To be specific, we were in 1138 for both legs, which is one of the aft cabins over the Sunset Bar.

We were very pleased with deck 11. While there are a few inside cabins, the remaining are all Aqua Class, so we had quite the little neighborhood on deck 11. The location over the buffet was handy, as was being able to walk out directly onto the open deck 11 areas. Neither the hubby or I smoke, and both of us find the smell very unpleasant. Despite the fact that we were over the Sunset Bar for thirty-one nights we never had any problems with smoke.

We thought that Blu was excellent.

We went through the canal in 2008 on the now departed Mercury. The M-class ships are probably a better "canal" ship since the heli-pad is in the bow. On both Infinity transits last spring the heli-pad was opened to all passengers during the transit day. However, had it been raining we were told they would not have opened it.

• 2 months later...

Wondering if anyone knows any of the bed configurations on the Deck 11 Aqua rooms on Infinity. I'm not talking about the AFT rooms but the ones on the side specifically 1116 or 1114, or any on that side....since they alternate if someone knows just one then I can figure it out from there.....THANKS!!:)

Wondering if anyone knows any of the bed configurations on the Deck 11 Aqua rooms on Infinity. I'm not talking about the AFT rooms but the ones on the side specifically 1116 or 1114, or any on that side....since they alternate if someone knows just one then I can figure it out from there.....THANKS!!:)

The Infinity is an M class ship. Bed positions do not alternate on M class chips. They are all near the bath. Bed positions only alternate on S class ships, due to the cabin design.

Deck 9 is noisy. There is lots of traffic overhead. Deck 11 is quieter. My preference is usually a deck that is between 2 decks of cabins. Deck 7 or 8 is ideal.

Unfortunately there are no AQ cabins on decks 7 or 8!

We're booked on the same cruise in Aqua class and I'm not too sure about the AQ cabins on deck 11 being the right choice for this cruise any more if I consider the possible weather around the British Isles in May :eek: ( right now there are still snow storms in Scotland and Wales - can only hope spring will arrive in that region at last... ) The cabins on deck 11 are brand-new and in a quieter location and will offer a great view. On the other hand, the balconies are open to wind and rain. I wouldn't usually book deck 9 AQ because of the older bathrooms and the large overhang plus possible noise issues especially in the area below the pool deck.

When cruising on "Infinity" a few weeks before I also noticed that you can't compare the lay-out of the "Blu" dining-room or the Persian Garden facilities with the S-class ships. It's my personal opinion but I wouldn't book AQ on an M-class ship any more and would choose Concierge on deck 8 instead - the only exception being a great price for AQ.

Archived