New Celebrity Promotion (1, 2, 3 Go !) Returns March 15, 2013

Andy

Would somebody who has travelled on a Celebrity cruise under the special offer of free Classic dinks package, please post a review of the service etc. If they can remember any of it!!!!:) I am interested to see if it makes the ship a bit livelier in the evenings ( which would be great) and what the queues are like at cafe Al Bacio.

Jean

Hi Jean,

The 123 GO offer does not take place onboard, until sailings beginning Feb 1, so that's an unknown at this point.

Hi Jean,

The 123 GO offer does not take place onboard, until sailings beginning Feb 1, so that's an unknown at this point.

Hi Andy, thanks for response, I did appreciate I was a bit premature, but just wanted to flag up the request and as all the people on this thread have benefitted, I thought it might be a good place to ask.

Thanks

Jean

I am an Aussie and rookie Captain's Club member of Celebrity. I utilize Celebrity's website under Captain's Club to monitor my current bookings and to check out current promotions.

Website is where I located 123GO promotion, read the terms & conditions and seemed to qualify. Clicked on Australian and New Zealand Itineraries, clicked on a 17n top end Australia Cruise, clicked on 2D verandah cabin, booked and paid deposit to Celebrity. Unable to phone number on website as not connected from Aus. Contacted my travel agent who advised we did not qualify for package.

Terms and conditions states offer is not eligible to residents of the United Kingdom. (another why not Q here) but nothing about Australians.

Has anyone else had same experience.

Is there a two tier system in place, one for US/Can Captain's Club members and another for everyone else.

I booked cruise in good faith and now have all this drama.

Have any other Aussies had similiar experience and who in fact does qualify for 123GO promotion.

I am an Aussie and rookie Captain's Club member of Celebrity. I utilize Celebrity's website under Captain's Club to monitor my current bookings and to check out current promotions.

Website is where I located 123GO promotion, read the terms & conditions and seemed to qualify. Clicked on Australian and New Zealand Itineraries, clicked on a 17n top end Australia Cruise, clicked on 2D verandah cabin, booked and paid deposit to Celebrity. Unable to phone number on website as not connected from Aus. Contacted my travel agent who advised we did not qualify for package.

Terms and conditions states offer is not eligible to residents of the United Kingdom. (another why not Q here) but nothing about Australians.

Is there a two tier system in place, one for US/Can Captain's Club members and another for everyone else.

Have any other Aussies had similiar experience and who in fact does qualify for 123GO promotion.

I Beleive the promotion is only for European,Asia, Alaska, Caribbean, South America & Panama Cruises.

There is no mention of Cruises in Australia or New Zealand. I beleived they are runnig the free upgrade promotion for these cruises.

Copied and Pasted from the Australian Celebrity Website.

Europe Cruises

Up to US$300 Onboard Credit~ plus Classic Beverage Package^

Book by 27 January 2013

Book an Oceanview stateroom or above on European cruises and enjoy an onboard credit~ depending on cruise length.

3 - 5 nights = US$100

6 - 9 nights = US$200

10 nights or more = US$300

Plus, take advantage of our Classic Beverage package^ for two free of charge. Valued at up to US$1200 per stateroom.

Find your cruise

Click here for full Terms and Conditions.

Asia, Alaska, Caribbean, South America & Panama Cruises

Free Classic Beverage Package^

Book By 27 January 2013

Book a cruise to any of these worldwide destinations and receive a complimentary Classic Beverage Package^ for two. This includes fountain soft drinks, juices, premium coffees, teas and non-premium bottled water, beers up to $5 per serve and spirits, cocktails & wine up to $8 per serve. Valued at up to US$1200 per stateroom.

Free Double Upgrade to Balcony stateroom

Australia, New Zealand & South Pacific Cruises

This is your chance to experience Australia and New Zealand’s newest and most stunning superliner ever to be based in Australia when she returns in October 2013. Step on board to discover a ship that redefines cruising in Australia, ushering in a new era in style, accommodation options and indulgence.

Book now as the free upgrade is only offered for a limited time.

Find your cruise

Click here for full Terms and Conditions.

My travel agent quoted same Celebrity site. However I obtained deal on Celebrity.com website for EXCLUSIVE DEALS FOR CAPTAIN'S CLUB MEMBERS. This the site I use as a Captains Club member to check my current bookings and any exclusive deals for CC members. Australian and New Zealand Itineraries ARE ON this site. Booked on the site (prices quoted in AUD by the way) in good faith believing we would receive Free Beverage Packages. Captain's Club website allowed me to book right through to paying of deposit. We appear to meet all conditions of offer.

HENCE MY CONFUSION.

Captain's Club webpage Terms and Conditions state "offer is not eligible to residents of the United Kingdom". NO MENTION OF ANY OTHER NATIONALITY.

Question: Is this false advertising, given terms and conditions on Celebrity's Captains Club website, which on the face of things we MEET?

Question: Are Captain's Club benefits different for Australians and others ex USA and Canadians? Does anybody know. If so why so?

I have just been through this too.

X will give me the drinks package on our 10 night Hawaii to Mexico, but not the preeeding Sydney to Hawaii.

They say we get the balcony cabin for inside cabin price as our deal.

USA criusers do get the package on The Sydney to Hawaii leg.

My travel agent quoted same Celebrity site. However I obtained deal on Celebrity.com website for EXCLUSIVE DEALS FOR CAPTAIN'S CLUB MEMBERS. This the site I use as a Captains Club member to check my current bookings and any exclusive deals for CC members. Australian and New Zealand Itineraries ARE ON this site. Booked on the site (prices quoted in AUD by the way) in good faith believing we would receive Free Beverage Packages. Captain's Club website allowed me to book right through to paying of deposit. We appear to meet all conditions of offer.

HENCE MY CONFUSION.

Captain's Club webpage Terms and Conditions state "offer is not eligible to residents of the United Kingdom". NO MENTION OF ANY OTHER NATIONALITY.

Question: Is this false advertising, given terms and conditions on Celebrity's Captains Club website, which on the face of things we MEET?

Question: Are Captain's Club benefits different for Australians and others ex USA and Canadians? Does anybody know. If so why so?

Hi Some of us in the UK understand your frustration, it doesn't make any sense to us either, all I can say is I did three Celebrity cruises last year, but I won't be booking anything for this year unless the prices are equivalent to the prices now less the cost of the drinks package. Maybe it's time for a change of loyalty!!!

Jean

HENCE MY CONFUSION.

Ultimately I think it's the same offer rather than an exclusive one for Captains' club members.

If it's just the standard offer then it's applied to whichever is applicable to the region you booked in. Based on current pricing, Celebrity have a better offer for Australians for your balcony cabin (the double upgrade from inside) than the US, and equally this doesn't apply to those sailings.

The US doesn't have the pricing offer, but you get the bonus thrown in.

As is usual with these offers, it's very rare that you can have every single offer around applied. Basically pay less, than pay for drinks separately. Or pay more and get them included. Both are still better than pay more and pay for drinks on top! :-)

A few posters reported logging into the Celebrity website and checking their booking and reported seeing a line that read something like "Bev1 - Free Classic Package" (or something like that). I have logged into my reservation and cannot find any sort of invoice, bill, etc. If anybody can guide me as to where they found this on the website, I would appreciate it.

A few posters reported logging into the Celebrity website and checking their booking and reported seeing a line that read something like "Bev1 - Free Classic Package" (or something like that). I have logged into my reservation and cannot find any sort of invoice, bill, etc. If anybody can guide me as to where they found this on the website, I would appreciate it.

Hi Russ,

That I know of, it's not listed on the website. It is on the Guest Copy of your booking confirmation. Ask your TA (or Celebrity if you booked direct), to email you a copy.

I hope this helps !

In my booking under 'Beverage Packages' there appeared a link called 'Classic to Premium Package Upgrade', and I was able to select that and pay the extra fee to upgrade to the premium package, paying only the difference between the two.

Under My Cruise Extras it now has the following:

Beverage Package

Classic to Premium Package UpgradePurchased

I understood it appears if you booked directly through Celebrity (when it got updated), but if you book through a TA it won't appear on the site.

Can anyone offer any insight in to what might happen to the drink packages should the price go down or if a higher category had a price drop and we wanted to upgrade...do you think we'd keep the packages?

Thanks

If the price goes down, or if a higher category had a price drop and you upgraded, BEFORE the promotion ends on January 27 then you should still have the package if the new booking qualified.

However, I'd think that if you changed to a lower price or upgraded after January 27 when the promotion ends then you'd be switching to that new pricing structure which would not include the package and you'd loose the package.

Same thing as the changes to our existing booking for 2014 we made to get the package: We accepted a price increase and lost an OBC. So our "free" package wasn't free at all it was just a good deal for us compared to what we had. If they lowered the price and/or added OBC in a deal that looked even better we'd switch to that and give up the package.

Edited by Lsimon

If the price goes down, or if a higher category had a price drop and you upgraded, BEFORE the promotion ends on January 27 then you should still have the package if the new booking qualified.

However, I'd think that if you changed to a lower price or upgraded after January 27 when the promotion ends then you'd be switching to that new pricing structure which would not include the package and you'd loose the package.

Same thing as the changes to our existing booking for 2014 we made to get the package: We accepted a price increase and lost an OBC. So our "free" package wasn't free at all it was just a good deal for us compared to what we had. If they lowered the price and/or added OBC in a deal that looked even better we'd switch to that and give up the package.

Thanks. I'm happy with what we paid for an 1A but would love to try Blu. I just won't look at any Aqua pricing for the next year ;)

In my booking under 'Beverage Packages' there appeared a link called 'Classic to Premium Package Upgrade', and I was able to select that and pay the extra fee to upgrade to the premium package, paying only the difference between the two.

Under My Cruise Extras it now has the following:

Beverage Package

Classic to Premium Package UpgradePurchased

Hi,

Thanks for this update. Did you book through Celebrity directly or through a TA? When did you get the 123 promotion added (i.e. trying to figure out how long it took for that to show up). Thanks for any further information.

Sue

I am booked for the 2/23/13 on the Reflection. I just called and got the Drink Package, (on the 1,2,3 Promo) which I then upgraded to the Premium for $161 (total for my wife and I). I just thought I'd give it shot and was very, very, very surprised when they said sure......

Needless to say, I am very happy.

Interestingly enough I once had (obviously by error) the "Upgrade to Premium" option listed online, before I had the classic package added. Now that I've had the classic package added, I don't have an upgrade option--just the full-priced premium.

I'm not terribly worried about it--if nothing else I'll just upgrade onboard.

I usually book with Celebrity and then transfer to the big box TA I use.....this time I booked directly with the TA. The invoice I received from the TA notes "WAVE BEV" next to each passenger. It also notes the OBC I received from the TA. Neither show up on my online Celebrity reservations page. I booked on 1/11; no discounted deposit; immediately received the proper invoice.

Am I correct that WAVE BEV = the classic beverage promo?:confused:

I usually book with Celebrity and then transfer to the big box TA I use.....this time I booked directly with the TA. The invoice I received from the TA notes "WAVE BEV" next to each passenger. It also notes the OBC I received from the TA. Neither show up on my online Celebrity reservations page. I booked on 1/11; no discounted deposit; immediately received the proper invoice.

Am I correct that WAVE BEV = the classic beverage promo?:confused:

My revised Booking Confirmation that I received this morning stated "WAV7-PREM BEV".

Our TA got the promotion for us and we upgraded to Premium but now on our reservation we are no longer checked-in for our 2/24/13 sailing. Has anyone one else had this happen? Maybe I will give it a few days to "let the dust settle"!?

Our TA got the promotion for us and we upgraded to Premium but now on our reservation we are no longer checked-in for our 2/24/13 sailing. Has anyone one else had this happen? Maybe I will give it a few days to "let the dust settle"!?

Hi Youwash,

I'd suggest waiting a day or two. If it does not return by then, have your TA contact Celebrity. It should be fine.

Edited by Host Andy

Host Andy or other knowledgeable folks - do TA's have to offer the 1,2,3,GO promotion? The TA I'm using is offering the Bev Package plus they also add OBC. I'm fine with that because it's the option I wanted.

But now my Father-in-law is coming and he's a single passenger that doesn't drink much. He's better off with the $300 OBC, but can I expect my TA to offer that option AND their contribution? Or save my breath and just look for a different TA for him?