Island Princess balcony furniture

shofer

We were on the Grand this past February and our Caribe balcony was ruined for us by the incredibly crappy furniture (?) out there. Very uncomfortable and no footstools. We had to use the very small table to rest our feet.

How are the balconies on the Island? We are going to Alaska this May and hoping to be able to use it for glacier viewing and not have to stand the whole time.

Thanks.

Sue

We were on the Grand this past February and our Caribe balcony was ruined for us by the incredibly crappy furniture (?) out there. Very uncomfortable and no footstools. We had to use the very small table to rest our feet.

How are the balconies on the Island? We are going to Alaska this May and hoping to be able to use it for glacier viewing and not have to stand the whole time.

Thanks.

Sue

On our Aloha deck balcony on the Island in May it was the old furniture without footstools. We had the new furniture recently on our Crown Caribe deck balcony which included footstools & a usable table.

Not everyone has the same comfort level however for us we spent much more time comfortably on the Crown's new furniture than on the Island's older furniture. Based on posts I was expecting very uncomfortable furniture but was pleasantly surprised...maybe others 'broke it in' to make them more comfortable? ;)

Caribe deck balcony furiture on the Island Princess

980811580812IslandPrincesscabinC331balconyDSC01040_zpsc70c2860.jpg

980811680812IslandPrincesscabinC331balconyDSC01041_zps3de5185b.jpg

Thanks for the pictures! At least they still have the blue mats on the deck and the larger table. It will probably be too cool to spend much time on the balcony in Alaska but it might be warmer when we are in port.

Sue

Thanks.

Sue

We had reclining chairs w/footstools on our Caribe balcony on the Grand this week.

Is this a mini-suite, full suite or balcony's deck?

This is the larger Caribe deck balcony which is our favorite because it's partially covered. The minisuite balcony is smaller & on Dolphin deck on most ships completely uncovered. i believe the twins Island/Coral have some covered as do those aft on Emerald deck on the other large ships but having never been on the smaller Ocean/Pacific don't know about their balconies.

This is the larger Caribe deck balcony which is our favorite because it's partially covered. The minisuite balcony is smaller & on Dolphin deck on most ships completely uncovered. i believe the twins Island/Coral have some covered as do those aft on Emerald deck on the other large ships but having never been on the smaller Ocean/Pacific don't know about their balconies.

We have booked a Dolphin minisuite which we have been told has a covered balcony. The picture on the Princess website shows room for 4 chairs, which I'm hoping is accurate.

Check this link for info on Island/Coral balconies:

http://mysite.verizon.net/res76zxu/princessbalconies/index.html

I have bookmarked this website. Because of this, I feel comfortable that our TA finally got something right (although for him, it was probably by accident).

The work this gentleman put into this webiste is very much appreciated!

Archived