Norwegian Pearl Nov 2014

bugspost

Just booked 10 day Eastern Caribbean on Pearl for our 35th anniversary.

We were on the Sun November 2012. Our TA says the Pearl is a LOT nicer.

Interested in others that might have cruised on the Pearl...........we got upgrade from balcony to mini-suite for $180...that breaks down to $18 a day.......well, worth it..............I used my deposit that I had purchased on cruise last year.....and the $250 covered it although they usually ask for $400.

Thanks for any tips, suggestions about the Pearl............My TA is actually going on two cruises this year on Pearl.........Alaska & Caribbean........:)

Bugpost,

The Pearl is a "Jewel Class" ship and laid out a little differently than The Sun. The lobby is larger and on Deck 7 with access to outside. The Blue Lagoon (Sun's Sports Bar) overlooks the Lobby on Deck 8. The Pearl's a great ship with a great staff. Some of the staff on The Sun came from The Pearl including the Hotel Director Steven Jacobsen. I have had a number of cruises on The Pearl and would love to go back.

When in 2014 is your cruise?

Mandy

We've been on the Pearl four times, including two 14 day cruises. We've been on the Sun twice and have a future 10 day cruise already booked on her. We really do like the Pearl. But for the TA to say the Pearl is a LOT nicer......I don't know. Just different ships. Anyhow, you should enjoy the Pearl very much.

The Pearl is absolutely fantastic and also my DWs favorite ship. Given the number of sea days on your cruise, I highly recommend considering a thermal suite pass. Jewel class ships have the spa area in the very front of the ship on Deck 12. Views are fantastic. You can purchase the spa thermal suite passes soon as you board. You should study the deck plans on the Pearl as well. You will see there is a bowliing alley down on Deck 8 in the Bliss lounge as well as a rock climbing wall. I'm rebooking the Pearl for Dec 11, 2014 for a 11 day Southern Caribbean once my TA has that itinerary in their system. The Pearl goes in for a quick refurb this spring in Alabama; will be anxiously awaiting to see what updates/changes are made. We found the Pearl to be highly maintained on our recently completed December cruise. Crew was fantastic, entertainment top notch and also found the food in the MDRs to be quite improved (IMO).

Bugpost,

The Pearl is a "Jewel Class" ship and laid out a little differently than The Sun. The lobby is larger and on Deck 7 with access to outside. The Blue Lagoon (Sun's Sports Bar) overlooks the Lobby on Deck 8. The Pearl's a great ship with a great staff. Some of the staff on The Sun came from The Pearl including the Hotel Director Steven Jacobsen. I have had a number of cruises on The Pearl and would love to go back.

When in 2014 is your cruise?

Mandy

November 10-20........our anniversary is November 17th........Steven was our hotel director on the Sun last year...........very nice guy!!:) I wonder who the hotel director & CD is going to be on the Pearl.......well, it is 22 months away...HA HA.......

We were just on the Pearl in Dec. - in a mini suite too! LOVED it. We were in 11082, and even the balcony had more room on it. Mr. P in Indigo was a hoot, shared his Momma's own home canned hot peppers with our SIL every night at dinner! Here is a pic of our room. The other pic we are setting in the Blue Lagoon looking down into the atrium.

007.jpg.4e7f9679d242d3b881231f73aeab9df9.jpg

060.jpg.b44781c531e6fdd047765d93d2764520.jpg

Archived