Crown fogged in at Galveston this morning

JasmineB

Yes, its unbelievably thick. We're doing a back to back so don't need to get off except to accomplish immigration , but i feel terribly for those who have a flight out of Houston, and those waiting to embark today. The terminal is going to be a mess.

Fog delays are not uncommon out of Galveston. A few years ago on a RCL cruise out of Galveston, we were stuck at the dock for two days. Boarded on a Sunday and could not get out of port until Tuesday morning.

Living in Dallas, it is great to be able to drive to port, but now we choose to fly to Florida for a couple of reasons. 1) the risk of fog delays, 2) weather is too cool to enjoy the outdoors on the first day out and last day back to port, 3) only Western Caribbean ports can be visited.

Hope fog clears soon and the OP has a wonderful cruise!

Omg dplusd ........two days......

I have to say it looks worse now than two hours ago.......and they have opened the kids center....since we're not getting off I'm hanging in my room, but I'm guessing the ship is a mad house

This is the first time I've seen room service offered on the final day....so i had breakfast in my cabin

I think this is one of the reasons Princess had given up on Galveston a few years ago.

I wouldn't worry too much about people with flights. It's likely those are delayed too.

Actually, both Hobby and Interncontinental are running on-time, cloudy but no fog. I would suggest folks contact their airline as soon as they can to find out about flights and possible reaccomodations.

Heard from a friend on the Crown, they have opened buffet and a couple of bars. No word on when they will debark yet and still foggy.

January and Feb can be pretty foggy in that area of Texas.

How does it work regarding the bars. Everyone has closed out their on-board accounts with the statement being delivered overnight or do they keep active and you can still charge things to your stateroom....

Where are you off to? when should you have sailed? its hard to work out as Im in the UK what time is it there?

They are onboard now just arriving Galveston, the ship cannot dock due to the fog, they are staying on for a B2B. ;)

The ship sails again this afternoon for another Caribbean cruise.

It is Noon in Galveston.

Our son is onboard too. :(

Archived