Crown fogged in at Galveston this morning

JasmineB

Yes rushecmom, I'm on the crown now too.

To the poster who asked, we have not docked to disembark this trips passengers, let alone load next weeks passengers. It's about noon here.

I'm staying for another week so I'm not really affected by this.

On a positive note, it's been a great cruise, beautiful weather, great service, excellent food.

The fog is slowly lifting....it looks much worse here than on the harbor camera

Goodness I had no idea you hadnt docked I assumed you were all waiting to depart... what massive disruption for everyone... desparate to get off and cant .:mad: Ive never known it happen here in Southampton......that is why I cant pick you up on the AIS... I will look again for you..

So lucky you are on a back to back then... but rubbish if you are stuck in your cabin...

The worst fog we had once was in the North Sea heading up to Norway... but we sat out on the aft deck of Arcadia ( P&O ) with the fog swearling around us.

As someone noted the airports are running on time for now. A front is supposed to come through later today. We live about 25 miles inland from Galveston and it wasn't foggy this am. The humidty was very high though. Ground fog does happen in January and February in these parts. Hope everyone is able to get home ok.

For those who are waiting to board there are plenty of places to eat and shop on the Strand. Also, the offshore museum (the rig that's just down from the cruise pier) is kind of interesting. The railroad museum is also within walking distance of the pier. Don't think of it as a delay, think of it as a chance to explore the island!

Hi There

Sorry to hear about fog issues never knew that part of the world got bad fog,

hope Princess helps folks find flights,

would have been nice if Princess allowed a free bar, or at least a drink or two

yours Shogun

Those with princess air are being rebooked for tomorrow and getting hotels for tonight. So far only those who are carrying own baggage have left the ship.

It's pretty crowded here when nobody had a cabin to go to.

Im hoping we will sail tonight, we have two sea days at first.

Archived