Live music for any ships???

granni10

Do any ships still have live music? Libery used to have a large band for shows. Many ships used uo have a caribbean steel band by the pool. Have all the ships done away with Live music? IT SEEMS LIKE THE ENTERTAINMENT IS GOING AWAY>

tHANKS

The pool bands went to duos and are now djs. The show bands have and are becoming soundtracks. The bands have become soloists, leaving the ships with one or no bands.

It's disgusting, and it has ruined Carnival for us. The cutbacks in entertainment and live music to the point where it has crossed the line.

We enjoy reggae bands, 2-3 full bands + a production show band on NCL and RCCL. The prices are not always much higher, and we will continue cruising them until Carnival brings back its live music (and no, a dj or cd is not live music - a 3-4 person band is).

We were on the Carnival Breeze last month and the music was sad! DJ by the pool, guitar player in the pub, duo in the atrium, even the production shows had pre-recorded music.

We went on the Caribbean Princess the following week and live 6 piece band by the pool, live band in the atrium, live 7 piece orchestra for the production shows, live 2 piece reggae band in one of the pubs, live 4 piece band in another venue. This was every night! LOVED IT!

And before anyone says anything about prices on Princess being higher, my Princess cruise cost less than the Breeze cruise.

Glory, Conquest, & Breeze have no live music at all in the theater. More & more ships will most likely be getting this as the drydocks go by. Most of the cover bands have already been done away with, as Carnival just didn't renew the contracts. There are a few left, such as Black Jack Band on the Dream, who are signed through 2015 (I think). I think that the DJs by the main pool are now on every Carnival ship. But if the DJs are actually good, it can still be fun. It can work. The DJs on Triumph were great; the DJs on Magic were horrible.

I was on the Triumph last month, and they still had the full band in the theater. There were about 10 people in the band, with 5 or 6 horns. It was great! It adds so much to the shows.

Are any of the Asian bands still on the ships? They are so good and can sing and play all types of music. If not on Carnival, do they play on any other cruiseline?

There was a band of Filipino gentlemen, who where very good, on the Legend last month. Each of the members could sing very well and they had a good selection of music.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

just off the legened

the good

live band for shows

live singer/guitar in lobby every night

live band in legends lounge 3/7 nights

live band (one used for the show) on lido deck one night

the bad

live piano player most nights (but not very good singer)

and the ugly

dj at lido all other times

There was a band of Filipino gentlemen, who where very good, on the Legend last month. Each of the members could sing very well and they had a good selection of music.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Likewise Music Asia on Liberty last November. A pity

we can't have live music on deck!

Archived