Infinity - What stateroom location should we take?

kasi1979

Hi,

we (2 adults) are considering the TA on Infinity this May.

DH would love a Concierce cabin, can you advide me on you prefered location on board?

Or would it be better to book a regular veranda?

Is there anything else I should be aware of when booking Infinity?

Thanks for your help.

The concierge class cabins are physicallyl larger on the infiniti (and the other M-class ships)...about 20 sq ft and it does make a difference. I'd suggest trying to find a cabin mid ship or if you prefer, a C1 facing the back/wake from the ship although if you do hit any rough seas, you will feel them more from any cabin way in front or rear on the ship..

We do like the concierge class cabins center aft on deck 8. The location works for us. Food and pool are up 2 decks. Deck 9 will have the overhang. So people like the overhang and others hear noise from the pool/food deck. We have never had a problem with the deck below the pool/food. It might have to do with our center aft location. We are booked on Infinity June 3 deck 9. We took the overhang because of the weather around the British Isles. Richard

We stayed on the Vista deck on the infinity twice, once in a balcony and once in a cat 9 inside cabin midship.

The time we were in the balcony cabin, we met a mother and daughter and they were given a concierge balcony cabin on deck 9 -- they hated it because it was right under the kitchen and were bothered by noise constantly. The ship wasn't full so they actually gave them an inside cabin to sleep in at night without making them move from their balcony cabin....NICE!

Of interest, our balcony cabin was fantastic - never slept so good. I think we were in 7163 -- just a regular balcony but situated on a great deck for quiet and the Infinity fast became my favorite ship.

We sailed a little over a year ago in one of the large instead cabins midship on the Vista deck -- there are three of them and think the room numbers are 7901, 7903, 7905. They are under the library as I recall and no noise from that at all. I booked two of these with some friends next door because they were larger than the average inside cabin -- for the same price as the other cat 9's. When I arrived, I noticed the cabin door opened right out into the midship elevator vestibule and said, 'oh no, what did I do??'. Well, turned out to be a fantastic room. If we needed some light, we would just prop our door open and got the natural light from the glass enclosed elevator vestibule. There was a little alcove with comfy chairs where we could sit and have our morning coffee or meet for pre-dinner cocktails. This was quickly dubbed 'the lounge' -- our lounge. We saved boatloads of money (pun intended) and were visited by the hotel manager who had a couple of bottles of champagne delivered to us -- we must have been the picture of 2 couples having the absolute best time on our cruise.

I / we absolutely love balcony cabins but would book one of these inside cabins on the Infinity again in a heartbeat. There were so many advantages to being midship and no real noise to speak of.

We were in cabin 8149 on our Millennium Alaska cruise last June. It's a little further aft than we prefer but it was very quiet and we had a great view from the balcony. We booked the same cabin on our British Isles cruise on Infinity this coming August.

We stayed on the Vista deck on the infinity twice, once in a balcony and once in a cat 9 inside cabin midship.

The time we were in the balcony cabin, we met a mother and daughter and they were given a concierge balcony cabin on deck 9 -- they hated it because it was right under the kitchen and were bothered by noise constantly. The ship wasn't full so they actually gave them an inside cabin to sleep in at night without making them move from their balcony cabin....NICE!

Of interest, our balcony cabin was fantastic - never slept so good. I think we were in 7163 -- just a regular balcony but situated on a great deck for quiet and the Infinity fast became my favorite ship.

We sailed a little over a year ago in one of the large instead cabins midship on the Vista deck -- there are three of them and think the room numbers are 7901, 7903, 7905. They are under the library as I recall and no noise from that at all. I booked two of these with some friends next door because they were larger than the average inside cabin -- for the same price as the other cat 9's. When I arrived, I noticed the cabin door opened right out into the midship elevator vestibule and said, 'oh no, what did I do??'. Well, turned out to be a fantastic room. If we needed some light, we would just prop our door open and got the natural light from the glass enclosed elevator vestibule. There was a little alcove with comfy chairs where we could sit and have our morning coffee or meet for pre-dinner cocktails. This was quickly dubbed 'the lounge' -- our lounge. We saved boatloads of money (pun intended) and were visited by the hotel manager who had a couple of bottles of champagne delivered to us -- we must have been the picture of 2 couples having the absolute best time on our cruise.

I / we absolutely love balcony cabins but would book one of these inside cabins on the Infinity again in a heartbeat. There were so many advantages to being midship and no real noise to speak of.

opp

We are staying in 6903 coming up soon & have been trying to get some info about these cabins. I hope our floor has the "lounge" also. Will certainly make good use of it! It just may be our perfect setting for viewing the glaciers. Thanks for the info.

Hi,

we (2 adults) are considering the TA on Infinity this May.

DH would love a Concierce cabin, can you advide me on you prefered location on board?

Or would it be better to book a regular veranda?

Is there anything else I should be aware of when booking Infinity?

Thanks for your help.

We have a great roll call going for the May TA on Infinity, so if you book please join us at http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1596788

We booked a stern C1 on deck 8 -- don't know if they have anymore of these left or not, but they are fabulous cabins. Shirley

Archived