splendour of the seas, should we cancel or still go

We booked on spendour of the seas for the Med. West cruise, August 6. I keep reading complaints about the AWFUL VIBRATIONS. We sailed on the Zenith about 10 years ago and had a cabin in the back. We literally couldn't sleep because it was loud and vibrating and demanded another cabin, so they moved us luckily there was another cabin available. Has anyone ever sailed on the spendour, and how is she really, is it as bad as i'm reading. I hope not, I really want to go.:(

hi laura,

would help if we knew which deck you are booked on.

We did the transatlantic on her which ended 14th may this year and had cabin 7083.This was an inside , midships. There wasn't any noise or vibration. The only thing we could hear was the aircon.Some of our tablemates were on deck 3 and asked to be moved due to excess noise. They had no trouble in their forward cabin on deck 3.

hope this helps.

Laura-

We were on cabin 8032 (just forward of the Centrum). I occasionally noticed vibrations on deck 5 in the shops (the glasses would start to shake), and at some other times as well, but this may have been because I had heard of the problem and was 'listening' for it. Also, we had 8-14 foot seas most of the time, so that may have contributed to it.

A few margaritas seemed to help. It sounds like your cabins are high enough that it shouldn't be a problem.

We have sailed on Splendour twice most recently in Apr. in Cabin #7080. I can't remember the cabin number for the other time, but it was midship on Deck 7. Did not notice any unusual noise or vibration either time. Hope you have a wonderful cruise!!!

My bride felt some vibes in the dining room, more so during high (8-15 ft) seas and you did hear the glassware clinking in the shops, but nothing bad.

We were mid ships deck 2 outside 2036. This was the best place in my opinion. Friends we met on deck 8 seemed to notice more wave action, but notihing that made them sick or anything.

We just returned from the Splendour med cruise- wonderful. We were inside on deck 6 and honestly never felt vibrations or heard any noises. The cruise was better than I had hoped. It is a packed itinerary and tiring but well worth it!

Archived