Allure MDR Selections

I read in a few posts that portions in Allure MDR were small. I also saw some threads which indicated you could only order one appetizer, entree and desert. I have been on over 30 cruises and we always order an appetizer, soup, salad, main entree and desert. Is RCL now limited number of items we can order in the MDR? Also, any problem with ordering multiple entrees? Multiple deserts?

I am going on the Allure and i am glad to hear this i know I sometimes yes ordered two aps and two deserts :p... if they would refuse it i would just go and get some free pizza or swing by the wind jammer . plus id eat twice and much just for spite :eek:

You can order more than one item from each category- There were several nights I ordered 2 apps, and a couple times my brother got a second entree. Most nights though I was so stuffed from the rest of the days eating I didn't want more than one at dinner and would just order a midnight snack via room service or pick up pizza or cookies from the Promenade. Trust me you won't go hungry!

That's what I figured but just wanted to make sure. We have been on many cruises and got over the eat as much as you can after the first two. I usually don't eat desert but I do like the appetizers and soups, salad if it looks interesting. i do not fill up on bread. In most cases, all portions on ships are really small unless you eat in the Specialty Restaurants. Appetizers are usually one or two bites, soup bowls are small and less than half-filled. If you order a shrimp dish, you will probably get 3 or 4 medium shrimp at most. Same with Rack of Lamb where they give you 3 toothpicks, er lamp chops. I know this satisfies some people but probably not most men particualy if they are active. Our waiter on our first cruise trained us well - "You can have as much as you want, but order it all up front". Double orders of lobster are a must, particualy now when the tails are very small.

Sometimes I want two appetizers, an entree then another appetizer for dessert since I don't eat sweets. They are always happy to honor my wishes. As a courtesy I do give them a heads up when ordering my dinner.

A waiter will also bring your desserts to go if you wish to take them back to your cabin for later. They just leave the lids on the plates when they deliver them to the table. :D My family has done this when needing to get to a show but not wanting to miss dessert.

BonVoyage

Dawna

Archived