Pool/Beach Tote - show me yours :)

JediMom

Curious if anyone else brings a beach bag to carry random things for the pool/beach?? I know there's quite a few things I'd like to have with me - my Kindle, a camera, sea pass card, refillable water bottle, sunscreen... you get the idea.

I'm debating between a mesh turquoise one I bought at Target years ago and a canvas one from Disney that I also love.

We are planning on at least one beach day, but definitely the pool everyday.

I used the one that came with Celebrity, it looks like a Longchamp style. It also came with a smaller accessories type bag that snaps in the inside. I loved it! It is now my gym bag at home so I can always think of the cruise :D

You can see it in this post of mine:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=35792845&postcount=209

Just ordered myself a 'KYSS' bag (raspberry pink with embroidered tropical drink on it:D)....reviews/comments have been good - plan to use it as my 'airplane' tote and to the pool/beach as required!

www.kyssbags.com

That is a great looking bag!! PERFECT for the plane and the beach/pool!! What size did you get??

Just ordered myself a 'KYSS' bag (raspberry pink with embroidered tropical drink on it:D)....reviews/comments have been good - plan to use it as my 'airplane' tote and to the pool/beach as required!

http://www.kyssbags.com

Thanks for the post and link. Looks perfect for what we need. I just ordered the large red. Hopefully hubby will carry it, too, when loaded wiith waters, sunscreen, towels, cameras, etc.

I got a nice tote on our last princess cruise four years ago that's have always used since for a pool bag when we are at a hotel and when we go on any type of beach vacation. I may have to look for another one similar when i am on the ship in March. I do also have a large, mesh brown tote that would work as well

Thanks for the post and link. Looks perfect for what we need. I just ordered the large red. Hopefully hubby will carry it, too, when loaded wiith waters, sunscreen, towels, cameras, etc.

That is a great looking bag!! PERFECT for the plane and the beach/pool!! What size did you get??

Just got the bag - I ordered the medium - and it is pretty big - should hold my towel/snorkel and mask, sunscreens, book sunglasses, etc - has a couple of inside pockets (one zippered) and the outside net pockets look good for water bottles or even sunscreen as well - but if you need a 'family' sized one I would get the large!

However I am having trouble with the setting of the combination lock so MAKE SURE YOU HAVE THEM SET IT - this is an option that is offered on the website when you order - I was busy and couldn't be bothered thinking of a combo at the time - just tried to set it at home and not having much luck -have emailed the company for help (and they have been pretty good in answering all my previous emails fairly quickly :) )...

Thanks for the info on the kyss bag ... I really like my LL Bean bag that is very much similar in style. This bag though has the locking part that I've been looking for ... it would make me more comfortable to know that it is strapped to a beach chair, etc. I'll always a little uncomfortable going into the ocean with all my "stuff" sitting on the beach (even though we bring very little money, etc).

• 1 month later...

I'm a librarian and have canvas tote bags out the wahzoo! That being said, I will bring a few of them along, but will also have a few "cute" beach bags. One is straw with bejeweled handles and the other is a Roxy blue plaid canvas bag. Both of these have flat bottoms and zips so my stuff won't fall over and jumble all around.

is the kyss bag waterproof or water resistant? I typically use a regular backpack but thinking of getting this bag for my next cruise

It's a very heavyweight/heavy duty canvas type bag - I think it would take a lot to soak it? Can't remember what the lining is made from either? But I think it would stand up to some water fairly well (I always do pack some ziplocks for wet suits, etc).

You should send them an email to ask - they provide very good service and are prompt in their responses! :)

It's a very heavyweight/heavy duty canvas type bag - I think it would take a lot to soak it? Can't remember what the lining is made from either? But I think it would stand up to some water fairly well (I always do pack some ziplocks for wet suits, etc).

You should send them an email to ask - they provide very good service and are prompt in their responses! :)

Thanks for all your help! now I just have to decide what design to put on the bag! :)

also, if you read this, I am having trouble seeing your pictures on your Liberty review. any reason you can think of?

Thanks for all your help! now I just have to decide what design to put on the bag! :)

also, if you read this, I am having trouble seeing your pictures on your Liberty review. any reason you can think of?

I got the 'tropical drink' embroided on mine! Looks cute!:)

As for the pics - I am pretty sure it's because I used to have my pics hosted on Webshots which no longer exists so I think all the links to my previous (pre-Breeze) reviews no longer appear :( :(

As I posted earlier, I ordered the KYSS bag., It came in less than a week and hubby had no problem setting the lock. We took it on our 14 day cruise and I LOVED IT. We did numerous snorkeling excursions and nothing inside ever got wet. I would guess it is only water resistant and we never put it in the ocean but everything stayed dry and I never worried about cameras, Kindle, etc. We locked it around trees or chairs at the beaches. I used it as my airplane carry-on but then had to pack it for the flight home (bought several new bags, as usual).

This is the perfect beach cruise bag! The zipper pocket inside is big enough for anything you don't want on the bottom and the inside pockets held camaras, etc. It held snorkel gear, two towels, suncreen, water, kindle and all of the other possibles with no problem. The only problem was it was easy to overload and someone has to tote it.

I got the 'tropical drink' embroided on mine! Looks cute!:)

As for the pics - I am pretty sure it's because I used to have my pics hosted on Webshots which no longer exists so I think all the links to my previous (pre-Breeze) reviews no longer appear :( :(

just ordered! got the tropical drink on mine too. was either that or the dolphins. psyched to get it and take it on the cruise

just ordered! got the tropical drink on mine too. was either that or the dolphins. psyched to get it and take it on the cruise

I think you will love it - I used it as my 'airplane tote bag' - then doubled as a beach/port bag. What color did you get? Mine is the raspberry pink with the tropical drink - very cute! :)

I got the midnight blue. it was the only one available. the other colors were out of stock and it wouldnt even give me an option to order on the drop down menu. I asked them to make the glass yellow so it stands out agains the blue

I have one that is a fairly small draw string bag. It is somewhat waterproof which I think is a good idea. I use it first day on ship for documents, camera, etc etc and then daily if out by pool for camera , book and sunscreen and then port days where we are at a pool or beach. I like having one that closes.

Archived