onboard legend

stray

First Legend cruise after dry dock. Fresh upholstery, rugs, and furniture. A couple of small problems, but nothing that was not immediately corrected. As usual, wonderful friendly service. Food is a quite good, just a little bland for our southern taste. Fellow passengers range from middle age to older; all we have met are quite outgoing. I can't think of a more wonderful way to spend ten days.

First Legend cruise after dry dock. Fresh upholstery, rugs, and furniture. A couple of small problems, but nothing that was not immediately corrected. As usual, wonderful friendly service. Food is a quite good, just a little bland for our southern taste. Fellow passengers range from middle age to older; all we have met are quite outgoing. I can't think of a more wonderful way to spend ten days.

We just booked our first Seabourn cruise which will be on the Legend. Do you have any formal nights? There is one scheduled for our 7 night cruise. Can't see packing a tuxedo for one night.

We just booked our first Seabourn cruise which will be on the Legend. Do you have any formal nights? There is one scheduled for our 7 night cruise. Can't see packing a tuxedo for one night.

On our Legend cruise in the western Mediterranean in early November, 2012, there was one formal night. A very slight majority of the men wore tuxedos. Almost all others wore a dark suit, but 2 or 3 work a blue blazer with gray slacks, as I recall. There were three casual nights: the first, the last and the on-deck barbecue nights. All the other nights were "elegant casual", on which all men wore jackets, and about half of them wore neckties.

On our Legend cruise in the western Mediterranean in early November, 2012, there was one formal night. A very slight majority of the men wore tuxedos. Almost all others wore a dark suit, but 2 or 3 work a blue blazer with gray slacks, as I recall. There were three casual nights: the first, the last and the on-deck barbecue nights. All the other nights were "elegant casual", on which all men wore jackets, and about half of them wore neckties.

Exactly the same on our Legend 7 night cruise a year ago. My husband and son wore suits for Formal Night and were not out of place at all.

Legend Jan 2013:

1 Formal night. Less than 10% of men in tuxes, I'd guess as many as 50% in sport coats (if the dark coat doesn't match the dark slacks that's a sport coat and slacks -- not a suit).

Sport coats AND a tie are fine for "formal optional" nights -- just like the dress code on the website says. Feedback I've heard from many passengers is that they appreciate being able to pack lighter.

The post-drydock problems did impact some suites more than others (backed up toilets, no hot water, broken water pipes). Several people had to get by in suites with soggy carpet caused by clean water pipe leaks for several days while the crew did their best to dry out things with fans (was not a minor problem and could not be quickly corrected as there were no empty suites to move the impacted people into). Hopefully a one time occurrence after drydock, and the new plumbing on Legend should help avoid more serious problems on future cruises.

I would be very surprised if they put in new plumbing in that short dry dock. The little sisters often have problems with backed up toilets because some passengers fail to heed the warnings about what not to put into this old system.But I am glad you had a wonderful cruise.

The CD is Simon.

Yes, they did replumb the water pipes for most if not all of the entire ship during the drydock, Captain Dag said it was very hectic. We were told that the reason the pipes were bursting is that there was foreign material left in the pipes (e.g. the job was done quickly). I didn't get a clear answer on whether the job also included sewage -- maybe someone else knows. Anyways, once the problems are taken care of everyone with future bookings will be glad there is new plumbing.

Mick -- was good to meet you also!

THe cruise director on the Legend is in fact Simon Gosnell and Simon Gillespie. He is one and the same. Gillespie is his stage name, and Gosnell is his Passport Name.

He has alot to learn!!!

Oh Geez!!

Thanks for clearing that up!

Host Dan

Archived