Carnival Liberty OR Carnival Breeze....Help!

Juicermcurran

So my husband and I have decided to take a cruise for my 30th birthday coming in December. We have both cruised twice before on RCL, we have decided on Carnival because they have a the option of Camp carnival for our two kids, they will be 2 and 4 on the cruise. RCL and NCL the kids have to be 3 to be accepted in the "daycare" (bummer).

Anyway, my questions is... Which ship? I know they are very similar because of the 2.0 upgrade but I find better reviews for the Liberty, however I like the Breeze itinerary better.... Any opinions or information would be greatly appreciated!! Our family's are all coming with us so the decision is really mine, I just am really torn on better itinerary or a ship with better reviews.

Hi there!

We just returned last weekend from the Carnival Liberty, and it was amazing. This was my first cruise, so I really do not have anything to compare it to, but I was not the slightest bit disappointed. The ship is very large and there are a lot of things to do. I saw kids running around all over the place having a blast, they even had a fun "Create your Own Teddy" workshop which I thought was cute. I am sure there aren't major differences between the two ships, besides the Breeze is larger of course, but the Liberty was perfect in my eyes. The shows were fantastic and Karl with a K has to be the best cruise director ever. If/when we go again, I would like to try the Breeze but would defiantly go with the Liberty again.

Absolutely the Breeze hands down !! Just returned from the Breeze yesterday and we are booking again, this time with our children. There was so much to do for both the children and the adults. The Sports Square, Splash Zone and Water Works were awesome, and there was enough seating for the parents to relax in the sun or shade while still keeping a close eye on their children having a blast !! Liberty was a very nice ship, but we are not big fans of the stadium style seating on the Lido decks....lots more steps for children to slip and fall.

Definetly itinerary plays a big part in the decision when traveling with younger children...keep that in mind. Good Luck with your decision.:)

• 1 year later...

I too, have done 'em both. Breeze is, of course, newer, but Liberty still offers the pre 2.0 entertainment, and shows. FAR SUPERIOR! As noted above, you won't go wrong with either ship, and it depends on what is most important to you, but if you plan on listening to any of the bands, going to any of the shows, or doing much aboard the ship itself, then Liberty is the one. ;)

"SKY"

Sailed Liberty in Dec and Breeze in May ....I would choose Breeze.

Did not think the entertainment on Liberty was good at all, we walked out of a few shows. Breeze shows were ok nothing great but we found them better than Liberty. Breeze has so many comfortable spots to just sit and hang out and listen to music...Liberty has Alchemy Bar , best part of Liberty for us.

Both are great ships can't go wrong with either.

• 1 month later...

Did the Breeze in December (New Years Cruise). Loved it. Lots for the kids to do and has the bright vibrant colored attractions that little ones love. We are going on the Liberty this year (New Years Cruise) and will have a 6 year old traveling. I worry that it will not be as exciting for her because they do not have the splash zone and waterworks-however she will be happy with a regular pool... Hoping that the Liberty will be as fun as the Breeze. Its all in what you make it.

So my husband and I have decided to take a cruise for my 30th birthday coming in December. We have both cruised twice before on RCL, we have decided on Carnival because they have a the option of Camp carnival for our two kids, they will be 2 and 4 on the cruise. RCL and NCL the kids have to be 3 to be accepted in the "daycare" (bummer).

Anyway, my questions is... Which ship? I know they are very similar because of the 2.0 upgrade but I find better reviews for the Liberty, however I like the Breeze itinerary better.... Any opinions or information would be greatly appreciated!! Our family's are all coming with us so the decision is really mine, I just am really torn on better itinerary or a ship with better reviews.

Having sailed both ships, I recommend Breeze. She's a beautiful ship with lots of activities and a wonderful kids' water area, Waterworks. (My husband and I, both in our 50's, loved standing under the giant bucket.)

Juicer,

My family and I were on Liberty 8/13 and LOVED it. Very energetic ship. Having said that, we just came off of the Breeze yesterday and it BLEW US AWAY! Our itinerary was the Southern Caribbean. Aruba was beautiful, the rest was acceptable. The ship is far superior to the Liberty, and never felt crowded in contrast to Liberty. On the Breeze, there are just so many more options. The cruise Director, Matt, was very engaging and funny. I cannot speak for the kid activities, my children are teens now. However I did not see one unhappy child over a course of 8 days.

Good Luck and happy cruising!!

dduckieg

Hi,

I have sailed on the Liberty twice and I will be sailing the breeze for the 2nd time in December.

I loved both, the only thing I like more about the Breeze is better decor, better water park and the Spa. They thermal loungers and steam rooms in the spa on the BReeze are far superior to the spa on the liberty.

You will have a great time on either though.

We've sailed on both ships and they both happen to be my favorite. We've also had our kids with us each time. Having that said I would recommend the Breeze. We've sailed on her twice in the past month and have had tremendous luck with Camp Carnival. The staff there is amazing and since we were on the Breeze twice in a month most of the staff from our first trip was still there and remembered our daughters 5 & 8. Dragana, Melissa, Cupcake (can't think of her real name, its what the kids call her), Meghan and a few other were all great.

The other reason I recommend the Breeze to you is because of the Water Works water park. The only thing to remember is that for your kids to use the two big slides they must be 42 inches tall my 5 year old just made it. Its still fun up there for all kids and even adults. The ship also has the ropes course but your kids have to be 48 inches tall for that, but they still have mini golf.

We did the 8 day southern route and 6 day western routes. Good luck and have fun.