Wonderful Copenhagen

Store and Lille Strandstræde are sidestreets to Nyhavn so there is not much shopping there.

Perhaps you mean Strøget and Købmagergade (where the Round Tower is).

All places are walkable, Tivoli is located on the other end of Strøget.

perfect! found those on the map easily. This is the first of many questions, I am sure, before we arrive. thanks so much for all your wonderful advice:D

Just got back from our Baltic cruise. Spent 2 days pre cruise in Copenhagen and loved this city. Picked up the Copenhagen card at the airport and used it for the metro as well as #26 bus and found it very easy to get around. Very walkable. We stayed at the Clarion Neptun which was the perfect location and we had a great stay. No complaints and thought it was a great deal with breakfast and dinner included. Thank you Danish Viking for all your help. You live in a great city that we would love to visit again.

Wow, it's quiet in here. Since you are not too busy right now DV, I have another question. The 7-11 Kiosk you speak of at Nordhavn St, is it in the station and is it manned early in the mornings? I'd like to buy the return train tickets to the airport before we leave on our cruise. Is this possible or do I have to buy it the morning we get off the ship? Martin

Hi Danish Viking,

Is DSB train on strike?

The taxi driver told me that, hopefully it will not affect my travel plan to Odense tomorrow, already bought train tickets online :P

No it was a short one. :D

But have you reserved a seat?

Roskilde Festival starts tomorrow (and i will be there) so i think the trains from Copenhagen towards Roskilde are overcrowded like hell.

But if you have booked the Intercity Lyn departure then there is no worries because that one doesn`t stop in Roskilde.

Wow, it's quiet in here. Since you are not too busy right now DV, I have another question. The 7-11 Kiosk you speak of at Nordhavn St, is it in the station and is it manned early in the mornings? I'd like to buy the return train tickets to the airport before we leave on our cruise. Is this possible or do I have to buy it the morning we get off the ship? Martin

Monday to friday its 06:00 to 21:00

Weekends and public holidays its 07:00 to 21:00

I think you can specify when the ticket needs to be valid but I´m not sure.

Roskilde Festival starts tomorrow (and i will be there) so i think the trains from Copenhagen towards Roskilde are overcrowded like hell.

But if you have booked the Intercity Lyn departure then there is no worries because that one doesn`t stop in Roskilde.

We plan to take the train to Roskilde on Tuesday morning. Should the trains be a little less crowded by then? I wasn't sure what the impact of the festival would be. We will be using the CPH Card, so my understanding is we can not travel via the intercity trains.

Edited by GACRUISER456

As long as you get off in Roskilde (last station in the greater Copenhagen area) you can use the Copenhagen Card on any train you like.

Many people arrives here this weekend and then a second rush Wednesday and Thursday where the "real" festival starts.

The first days from Saturday to Wednesday are socalled warm up days with around 40 upcoming bands playing from small stages, a outdoor cinema, skate park and other activities.

The festival is from Thursday to Sunday with music from 7 stages and around 160 bands/artists like Metallica, Rihanna, The National, Bobby Womack, Sigur Ròs Kraftwerk and so on.

But you will surely not be alone in the train that's for sure.

Green Day performs in Copenhagen Tuesday and I think alot of the people at Roskilde will use the warm up days before the real festival to go to that concert.

Monday to friday its 06:00 to 21:00

Weekends and public holidays its 07:00 to 21:00

I think you can specify when the ticket needs to be valid but I´m not sure.

Thanks! We get into Copenhagen this Wednesday and have 3 days to kick back till we get on the ship Saturday!:)

Thanks for the info on Roskilde. We are going to Kronborg on Monday. Can we take any train there as well on the CPH card?

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Only the Øresund trains runs to Helsingør so there is not much choice :D

Yes, reserved seat. In fact i am now on the train back to Copenhagen :)

Have fun at the Roskilde Festival!

Hi Danish Viking,

I read somewhere that the boats for the harbor and canal tour were at Nyhaven Street. There are supposed to be more than one company that offers these tours and one is better than the other. My question to you is; which company would you recommend for us to take, and do they have sheltered seating areas for inclement weather? Also what restaurant would recommend for a light bite in the area?

The Stromma boats (aka canal tours Copenhagen) are all covered but I think that the Netto boats are not.

The difference in price are only like 30-40 DKK.

I think that it is Nyhavns Færgekro that serves the sildebord (herring table) so maybe you can check that one out.

But as posted before, I will take a break from my Roskilde visit in the start of the week to get a proper shower and sleep.

I have to pace myself accordingly if I have to endure the full 9 days.

I would get angry by myself if I missed Kraftwerk Sunday evening because I was to tired.

For some odd reason the old Copenhagen thread is closed (I´m only a little bit angry) but there are some outdated info so maybe its okay to start on a fresh.

So if anyone has some unfinished questions just ask here.

Here are some links to find some info by yourself.

Travel planner to trains, S-trains, Metro, harbour busses and busses.

http://www.rejseplanen.dk/

Copenhagen Airport

http://cph.dk/CPH/UK/MAIN/

Port information for both Copenhagen and Malmö

http://www.cmport.com/

Tourist website

http://www.visitcopenhagen.com/?__utma=199091752.1666140335.1357547684.1357547684.1358767944.2&__utmb=199091752.3.10.1358767944&__utmc=199091752&__utmx=-&__utmz=199091752.1357547684.1.1.utmcsr=google|utmccn=(organic)|utmcmd=organic|utmctr=copenhagen%20card&__utmv=-&__utmk=24131578

A few taxi companies

http://www.amagerobrotaxi.dk/

http://www.cphtaxa.dk/

http://www.dantaxi.dk/Koebenhavn

And a website to calculate taxi prices.

http://www.taxapriser.dk/

I spent a lot of time reading your answers to so many questions posted on CC. I think you are the most generous person to share your wealth of knowledge. I bet you love your city. Come Sept. I will be visiting Copenhagen for a third time for a precruise. This time I will be spending 4 1/2 days. I would like to take the harbor bus and get off the stops and walk around. Can you please tell me how many stops I should get off and the attractions to see near each stops. Another place I am planing to spend a day is Frederiksborg castle. Besides the Castle what are other attractions around it? I would like to spend some time in a few museums for another day. Can you please suggest the best. I am not picky and art, history or science are all fine. I went to one last time and it was even free. Last time I watched the change of guides so I don't have to this time. Is the palace worth a tour now that I have time? I visited Tivoli in the day time last visit but is it worth a second visit in the evening? I am not interested in rides. I still most likely have 1 1/2 day. Any suggestion as to where else might be nice to go?

Thank you very much. I hope next time I would be able to ask you what to do on my 5th visit.

Angela

Hello Danish Viking,

1 more question. Can we still get the 10 2-Zones or 3 Zones ticket. I remember buying that last time and save some to use after the cruise.

Thanks for the answer but please wait until you have time to reply. I don't mind waiting for a week or 2.

Angela

The Stromma boats (aka canal tours Copenhagen) are all covered but I think that the Netto boats are not.

The difference in price are only like 30-40 DKK.

I think that it is Nyhavns Færgekro that serves the sildebord (herring table) so maybe you can check that one out.

But as posted before, I will take a break from my Roskilde visit in the start of the week to get a proper shower and sleep.

I have to pace myself accordingly if I have to endure the full 9 days.

I would get angry by myself if I missed Kraftwerk Sunday evening because I was to tired.

Hi Danish King!!

We are visiting Copenhagen next month (Wednesday July 31'st). This is our second visit and booked the Segway tour with ToursCPH. Our tours ends at 11:00 AM and we will like to visit the Torvehallerne Market after our tour. Can you tell me the best way to get there from the CPH store (1468 København)? Will appreciate your feedback!!:):)

Hi Danish Viking, we will be disembarking the Norwegian Star (Freeport?) on Tuesday 1st October around 8am. Will there be taxis waiting at the dockside? If so, how long can we expect the journey to be to the airport (Terminal 3)? What will be the approximate cost of the journey?

Thank you.

Hi Danish Viking, we will be disembarking the Norwegian Star (Freeport?) on Tuesday 1st October around 8am. Will there be taxis waiting at the dockside? If so, how long can we expect the journey to be to the airport (Terminal 3)? What will be the approximate cost of the journey?

Thank you.

We docked there a few yrs ago ..the line up for taxis could be short or long depending on the passengers & timing of your disembarkment

hope you do not have an early moring flight

Yes Taxis are there lined up

It can take up to 40 min depending on traffic... maybe more

Cost was about 400 DKK for 2 of us

We docked there a few yrs ago ..the line up for taxis could be short or long depending on the passengers & timing of your disembarkment

hope you do not have an early moring flight

Yes Taxis are there lined up

It can take up to 40 min depending on traffic... maybe more

Cost was about 400 DKK for 2 of us

What LHT28 said :D

It can takle as little as 25 minutes but don´t plan after that.

Hi Danish King!!

We are visiting Copenhagen next month (Wednesday July 31'st). This is our second visit and booked the Segway tour with ToursCPH. Our tours ends at 11:00 AM and we will like to visit the Torvehallerne Market after our tour. Can you tell me the best way to get there from the CPH store (1468 København)? Will appreciate your feedback!!:):)

Do you have a address because the only thing that shows uo when i search CPH Store is the duty free shop at the airport :D

I spent a lot of time reading your answers to so many questions posted on CC. I think you are the most generous person to share your wealth of knowledge. I bet you love your city. Come Sept. I will be visiting Copenhagen for a third time for a precruise. This time I will be spending 4 1/2 days. I would like to take the harbor bus and get off the stops and walk around. Can you please tell me how many stops I should get off and the attractions to see near each stops. Another place I am planing to spend a day is Frederiksborg castle. Besides the Castle what are other attractions around it? I would like to spend some time in a few museums for another day. Can you please suggest the best. I am not picky and art, history or science are all fine. I went to one last time and it was even free. Last time I watched the change of guides so I don't have to this time. Is the palace worth a tour now that I have time? I visited Tivoli in the day time last visit but is it worth a second visit in the evening? I am not interested in rides. I still most likely have 1 1/2 day. Any suggestion as to where else might be nice to go?

Thank you very much. I hope next time I would be able to ask you what to do on my 5th visit.

Angela

I don´t have time for a proper answer to your questions so i hope you can wait a little bit longer. :)