Deluxe Cabana on CoCo Cay?

cjdixon4

Which one of the front row facing the water would be your first choice? Is there just sun out on the porch part and do you retain shade inside the cabana?

Well - I guess that is subjective...I loved 6 and would absolutely get that one again, my 2nd choices would be 5 or 7. Only because I'd prefer to be farther away from the bar and buffet for more peace and quiet. In ours - the couch inside the cabana was always shady. The porch part and the front of the inside of the cabana was sunny. You also get loungers to put on either side of the cabana to choose sun or shade outside of the structure if you want.

Are there towels in the cabanas or do you need to bring them from the ship?

You do not need to bring towels from the ship. We did because our cruise director kept saying "you must bring towels to the island - there are no towels on the island". So even though I knew I'd read they do provide them to cabana people I started second guessing myself. Well we got there and they offered us towels. LOL.

From our experience the rear cabanas did not get any morning sun at all. We had to move our lounge chairs out onto the sand to get some sun and warm up (this was just last month so it was a bit cool). But of course the champagne helped with that too :p

the units directly on the water side have privacy in their closed section with the couch. Only the people from the ship can see if - of course - they can see that far lol!

The RCCL Concierge sent me this email when I asked about booking a cabana on CocoCay.

If you are in a Grand Suite category cabin or above and have registered your email address with us, I will send you an email 4 days prior to the cruise.

Then you can reply with a confirmation, advising of your cabana request.

Which doesn't apply to me, so I guess I need to try my luck with the waiting list on board.

The RCCL Concierge sent me this email when I asked about booking a cabana on CocoCay.

Which doesn't apply to me, so I guess I need to try my luck with the waiting list on board.

Well...it doesn't appear that a little "Platinum Status" gal would have a chance at this one, does it? :rolleyes:

Well...it doesn't appear that a little "Platinum Status" gal would have a chance at this one, does it? :rolleyes:

Haha-I would say try it! Just hit up the Explorations Desk as soon as you get on the ship and have them put you on the list. Then check back with them later that night or the next morning and they should be able to let you know if you snagged one!

• 7 months later...
Does anyone know how far in advance you can reserve a cabana? We will be cruising on EOS in October, and definitely want one! Thank you!

You can't purchase the renal in advance. Those in the Royal, Owner's and Grand Suites get first choice, then rentals are open to the rest of the ship. The best thing is to put your name on the waiting list at the shore excursions desk as soon as you get on board and be there at the time they tell you. If you're lucky, you can get one.

Try to be the first on the ship if you're not in a Grand suite or above.

• 2 weeks later...

We had once last week. We had rented one at Labadee last year and loved it.

We had number 8. It was quite private and had nice shade. We got water, champagne, fruit plate, snorkel gear and mats. From #8, the beach is a looooong walk.

The major disappointment was the buffet. Yes, it was only for the people in the 14 cabanas, so it was not crowded. But, the food was only okay. The steak mentioned is only about a quarter of an inch thick and rather rubbery. The seafood skewers had a shrimp and 2 pieces of fish. The fish was dried out but the shrimp was okay.

I would not hesitate to book a cabana on Labadee, but the ones on Coco Cay are just not worth it.

Edited by ATG

• 2 months later...

I am a little confused. Can anyone tell be how the cabanas are situated. One of these posts makes it sound like you had to walk pretty far to get to the beach. I would not like that. Is there a map that shows the placement of these cabanas? When you go to the desk and rent on on board, do they show you a map?

I have seen pics of the cabanas - what is on the inside?? anyone know of pics on any threads??

If they are similar to the cabanas on Labadee, it is an open air on one side a roof that might be thatched. There is a padded bench across the back and two lounge chairs in the front.

Edited by rjuray

• 1 year later...