Has anyone tried booking a couples massage?

I am trying to book the couples massage for 50 minutes online for $269. Here are the issues that confuse me:

It only allows me to choose guest for this service

and

then it says "prices are per person"

Yikes... so if that is correct.... I have to book me, then my husband, and it costs over $538 plus gratuity for a 50 min massage?

Can anyone give me any clarification?

I called RC... and the girl who answered had no idea what I was talking about (she said she didn't even see an option for a couples massage so that was that).

I have done a couples massage, specifically on Allure May 2nd 2011. The price was around $260, so I'm pretty sure its not double that! I booked onboard so I don't know about the online booking. I don't know of any advantage of booking ahead and as far as I can tell (and it won't hurt my feelings if anyone corrects me) there are usually plenty of spots available and they don't sell out. I'm guessing you will have better luck with prices booking in person and looking for specials. If you ask about specials on the first day, they deny they exist, but they always seem to pop up during the week.

Is it WORTH spending that much money for it is my question. Hubby originally suggested we should on our 25th anniversary cruise in 2016, then I told him how much it is. :eek:

I'll echo what Trev said in the message following yours. In our case, we started the cruise with $250 OBC from our RC visa and then got a $300 price drop on the room and ended up with $550 in OBC, so it was sort of like not using real money ;) That and Chops for dinner made for a memorable 30th anniversary.

I have done a couples massage, specifically on Allure May 2nd 2011. The price was around $260, so I'm pretty sure its not double that! I booked onboard so I don't know about the online booking. I don't know of any advantage of booking ahead and as far as I can tell (and it won't hurt my feelings if anyone corrects me) there are usually plenty of spots available and they don't sell out. I'm guessing you will have better luck with prices booking in person and looking for specials. If you ask about specials on the first day, they deny they exist, but they always seem to pop up during the week.

Good point! I didnt think about the specials the pop up in the cruise compass during the week. I'll probably wait it out and see if anything happens. Thank you!

Good point! I didnt think about the specials the pop up in the cruise compass during the week. I'll probably wait it out and see if anything happens. Thank you!

Looks like you have been on RC before, are you C&A members? If so I believe there is a coupon for a % off a spa service (% depends on C&A level). I know there used to be, assuming there still is.

AK makes a good point, though I don't remember all of the coupons in the book. I see your on Freedom, one of my favorite ships that I think I might revisit next year. Eastern or Western? You may have luck getting a reduced price on the Labadee (western) or Coco Cay (eastern) ports and you can still have plenty of time ashore. I seem to remember hearing about deals late in the day the day before a port visit.

DH and I did this on the Freedom a couple of years ago. It was fabulous! I think the best part was hearing him giggle when the girl tried to massage his feet (he's very ticklish)!

We waited a few days after boarding and got a great special - less than half of the $269 price they're currently quoting online. I'd definitely wait to book when you're on board.

Is it WORTH spending that much money for it is my question. Hubby originally suggested we should on our 25th anniversary cruise in 2016, then I told him how much it is. :eek:

honestly for us yes it was. this was the first massage he had ever gotten and he admitted that he really enjoyed it

About gratuities, is it like the bar tab where 15% is automatically added or do you tip on top of that? How much is a normal tip for a 269 dollar massage?

I believe it was a automatic 15%, but they graciously leave a blank line so you can add more.

Another advantage of waiting until you're onboard is that (at least on our cruise a few weeks ago) there were many more options on the price list at the spa then there were online. You might find something you prefer. There are also the specials that only show up onboard.

If you think you want your massage on a sea day, you should probably not wait until the last minute, those tend to fill up.

Will

Archived