Sapphire Princess questions

FoghornLeghorn

We're heading to Hawaii on March 9th aboard the Sapphire.

I've taken the same trip but on the Golden a few years ago.

We booked some Inside rooms, as they were the only ones that would work for us to be together/next door.

1. I've never had an Inside before, how cramped are the showers?

2. Are there one or two chairs in the room? I've heard one desk chair and one "barrel" chair.. and then heard "not both"

3. There will be some days we'll want to play cards and would like to go somewhere quiet and watch the ocean...any suggestions?

4. We'll be doing Anytime dining...any recommendations for which dining room? or just rotate them for variety?

Thanks in advance!

1) The showers are the same for inside cabins as they are in window or balcony rooms

2) There is only one desk chair in the inside room. No Barrel Chair that I can recall

3) I would suggest playing cards towards the front of the ship by the wedding chapel/wheelhouse bar? Depending on what time of the day the traffic can get busy during the evenings in that area.

4) I prefer the decor of the Vivaldi but my Dad just got off and loved the Santa Fe so I think it's all about clicking w/ your wait staff more than the room itself.

Bon Voyage!

1. I've never had an Inside before, how cramped are the showers? -- Same shower as in oceanview and Balcony cabins. Small but adequate. I've never had a problem in any shower on Princess.

2. Are there one or two chairs in the room? I've heard one desk chair and one "barrel" chair.. and then heard "not both" -- a desk chair and a small barrel chair.

3. There will be some days we'll want to play cards and would like to go somewhere quiet and watch the ocean...any suggestions? -- on sea days, there will be bridge playing and classes. To to somewhere quiet and watch the ocean, I'd suggest Skywalkers. The bar isn't open during the day but it's just above the buffet so you can run down to get something to eat or drink.

4. We'll be doing Anytime dining...any recommendations for which dining room? or just rotate them for variety?

I avoid Anytime dining but that being said, I'd go to the dining room with the shortest line.

We got off the Sapphire on 12/29/12 and had a wonderful time.We ate in the Sante fe room each night and had wonderful service with Dimitar from Bulgaria. we were able to get reservations at 530 each night at the same table,

Almost traditional , but not really. With my Gluten issue they were able to and happy too bring me gluten free bread each meal.

We did eat CHristmas eve dinner in the steak house which was wonderful

:)

We loved the Santa Fe, but we knew the maitre D at that dining room from a cruise two years ago so he took good care of us.

Our inside cabin was fine..very small shower, one chair, bed was hard as a rock:confused: don't miss the pizza in Alfredos, the wonderful International Cafe. We loved the ship!!

Pam, I'd like the fixed time, but since we booked late...only one available is the late dining and it's just too late for some of our health issues. I did ask to be waitlisted for the early.

So...maybe.. :)

A suggestion is when you board, you'll have a Princess Patter in your cabin. There will be a notice of where the Maitre d' will be and the times to take dining change requests. Go to him with your cabin #'s and ask for early Traditional. He may be able to switch you. The worst that happens is he says, "No." Chances are he won't.

I was wondering if I could jump into this thread and also ask another Sapphire question -

I think I've heard a couple different responses to this question on other threads, but if we decide not to do formal nights (meaning dressing up and not going to the main dining rooms), can we book a specialty restaurant and dress business casual? I've heard that on formal nights, the specialty restaurants are also formal and that is what I've seen on other ships we've sailed on. But also saw many people post that the specialty restaurants are always business casual all the time.

I have cruised on the Sapphire and Diamond and can't wait to get onboard on March 9. I have an inquiry. Does anyone know what days are the formal nights. This is our first cruise longer than 8 days. Also, does anyone have recent patters from the Sapphire Hawaii cruise?

But also saw many people post that the specialty restaurants are always business casual all the time.
Business casual. I'd dress very nicely but not formal. Some people dress formally but you don't have to. When we went on the Island to the Bayou restaurant, in October, I wore a pair of linen pants and a nice top with some nice jewelry, my friends were dressed similarly with the gentleman in nice slacks and dress shirt.

We got off the Sapphire on 12/29/12 and had a wonderful time.We ate in the Sante fe room each night and had wonderful service with Dimitar from Bulgaria. we were able to get reservations at 530 each night at the same table,

Almost traditional , but not really. With my Gluten issue they were able to and happy too bring me gluten free bread each meal.

We did eat CHristmas eve dinner in the steak house which was wonderful

:)

Did you go the first day and set this up?

Reba, I recently sailed Sapphire's Hawaii itin... The first day I talked to the Maitre'D about gluten and dairy free..

The crew was awesome !!

Every day she brought me the menus to see what I wanted for the following day. Once, there was nothing I wanted, but I did want something from a few days earlier. She had the chef make it special for me.

Sapphire is very nice...You will enjoy this so much..

Pat

I have cruised on the Sapphire and Diamond and can't wait to get onboard on March 9. I have an inquiry. Does anyone know what days are the formal nights. This is our first cruise longer than 8 days. Also, does anyone have recent patters from the Sapphire Hawaii cruise?

The formal nights are Monday, Monday and Thursday. All are sea days.

Appreciate the info. As elite member it will allow us to have our formal wear laundered. Do you happen to have any copies of the patters?

I do not. Somebody has posted them in one of these threads. Probably a review thread.

They must have removed the barrel chair because on my most recent cruise, where I had an inside cabin, there was only one chair, at the desk. And, the showers are the showers......they're adequate for what you want them for.

The very best way to make the most of an inside cabin is to divide the beds. It gives you more floor space and it doesn't feel quite so much like a bed with walls!

Have a wonderful cruise, we'll be on her in March and I can't wait.....The Sapphire is my most favorite ship of all ships!

Thanks Roz

Some of the room diagrams even show two of the barrel chairs in the insides. So, no biggie... we'll see what we have when we get on board.

Glad to know how much you love the Sapphire. I anxious to explore a new ship! Enjoy your cruise on her, too!

Our inside cabin on the Sapphire only had a desk chair, and a small round table that was in the way. We wound up storing it in the closet area. Here are a few photos of a typical inside cabin on the Sapphire Princess:

3379946501_e41f334460_z.jpg?zz=1

Sapphire Princess by Jasperdo, on Flickr

3379946375_7e3867bf23_z.jpg?zz=1

3379946147_f11c7b423b_z.jpg?zz=1

3380763938_84db3151ea_z.jpg?zz=1

3379945909_2203563453_z.jpg?zz=1

Archived