Have we made a mistake in booking with Silversea?

TheRampantSnail

Not another Group issue! How do you find out there is a group on board? Best wishes to you both happy cruising.

On our recent Cloud voyage to Norway, there were two fairly large groups (25 - 30 each) of Australians and in total well over 100 Australians on board. The ambiance was wonderful, and we felt it might have been the best cruise ever!

I guess it all depends on which groups are on board. Sales recognition groups will usually be a pain!

On our recent Cloud voyage to Norway, there were two fairly large groups (25 - 30 each) of Australians and in total well over 100 Australians on board. The ambiance was wonderful, and we felt it might have been the best cruise ever!

I guess it all depends on which groups are on board. Sales recognition groups will usually be a pain!

We were apprehensive about the group that joined our cruise this past January on the Spirit. However, they were fantastic and really added to the ambiance of the ship. Well-behaved, very nice, friendly people. We had great time. But I guess it depends on the group! This was a group of 35.

Good morning Brimary - It was pure luck that a Friend of ours tried to book the Combo to join us and his Agent advised that the 2nd Segment had gone completely WaitList. She investigated somehow and found out that a US Corporate Incentive Group have already booked 40+ Suites and have an Option to go Full Charter at some stage ?

As you can imagine a Full Charter would suit us best but if not I don't want to be onboard !!! - One episode of Bread Roll throwing across the Main Dining Room is quite sufficient for one lifetime !!!!!

I will keep you posted.

We were apprehensive about the group that joined our cruise this past January on the Spirit. However, they were fantastic and really added to the ambiance of the ship. Well-behaved, very nice, friendly people. We had great time. But I guess it depends on the group! This was a group of 35.

We had a group of 90 people from Denver, traveling with a right-wing radio host on the Shadow in January. For a moderate like me, it was a nightmare.

We had a group of 90 people from Denver, traveling with a right-wing radio host on the Shadow in January. For a moderate like me, it was a nightmare.

Oh dear- yes we here in Denver heard about that one. Didn't realize it was on a Silversea cruise.

• 4 months later...

Hi there Rampant Snail!

I am sorry this is so late, but I seem to be lost round these posts, :confused: do hope that you havent cancelled - we are going to have a whale of a time!! We have done many cruises with Silversea, and are fortunate to have sailed over 100 days.

We too have sailed with Azamara. On the last occasion in June 2013 on the Quest there were only 400 passengers and 400 crew, yet we felt that service standards did not reflect this ratio and were below our previous experience, so much so that we discussed matters with the hotel director Ryszard. On SS, nothing is too much trouble and would agree wholeheartedly with other points made by posters.

We are disembarking in Barcelona, and can't wait, not only to be on the Wind again, but also for the itinerary from Cape Town.

I notice that there are many replies to your post, not least ging466 and cruisinPashmina who are also sailing. I have done a roll call and hope that you all will be able to follow the link from here.

Look forward to seeing you all in February

Kindest regards

Master Echo