30 days til cruise i'm so excited

gbphatcat

AAAWWWEEESSSOOOMMMEEE!!!!! I am 30 days from my first ever cruise and i am so excited and wondering what tips anyone has for preparing in the days and few weeks before your cruise. I have learned alot from this site allready but just asking for tips in case i missed anything so please don't flame me I am still learning:)

You will have the time of your life! Where are you going?

One thing that I have found really valuable (we are about to go on our 3rd cruise in 36 days) and fun is researching the Ports that we visit and then booking excursions (typically not through the cruiseline though). This really drives our packing as well as we know what to prepare for.

Also, if you have read about packing through the board, you will know that when you pack, take half of what you got and put it away. You will feel freer if you take less and you really don't need all the much anyways. Have a marvalous time.

You will have the time of your life! Where are you going?

One thing that I have found really valuable (we are about to go on our 3rd cruise in 36 days) and fun is researching the Ports that we visit and then booking excursions (typically not through the cruiseline though). This really drives our packing as well as we know what to prepare for.

Also, if you have read about packing through the board, you will know that when you pack, take half of what you got and put it away. You will feel freer if you take less and you really don't need all the much anyways. Have a marvalous time.

thanks i am going to

Half Moon Cay, Nassau, and Freeport, i have read so many things about how people dont like these port but i have never been there before so i am going with a open mind and just planning to enjoy, i have one carnival excursion at freeport, the sailing of the Alexander Von Humboldt the rest of it i am just doing on my own , zoo and forts in nassau and just beach time at HMC i am mainly just worried if i am forgetting anything :)

You'll love sailing on the Ecstasy. We cruised on her twice and enjoyed every minute.

Don't forget:

1. Wear a hat. It's hot over there!

2. Your Sailpass card. You'll need it to get on and off the ship

3. Get back to the ship on time. They will not wait for you if you're late

Happy sailing. It's a great way to explore the world!

You truly will be hooked after your first cruise! We booked our 2nd cruise about a month after getting home. And our 3rd cruise is in 34 days!!!

Packing is very important! I have found mixing my outfits limits the amount of clothes I take. I make a list of the days and ports and what I am wearing and keep to that list. For example...I take one pair of black dress pants and one white flowy skirt for casual dinners. The tops that I wear will be worn the next day with shorts or capri pants. One pair of sandles that match all dinner outfits (black works for me). Formal night I wear my Sunday Church best. For my shorts, I keep those to a limit of 2 or 3 and wear them more than once with different tops from the night before. By keeping to this way of mix and match, I really limit the space and not taking what I wont wear. Im also not a shoe crazed female and can take only 3 pair. Tennis shoes, flip flops and dress sandles for dinners.

As noted earlier...Hat and sunscreen are a MUST!

Have a great trip and enjoy every minute on a great ship.:D

You truly will be hooked after your first cruise! We booked our 2nd cruise about a month after getting home. And our 3rd cruise is in 34 days!!!

Packing is very important! I have found mixing my outfits limits the amount of clothes I take. I make a list of the days and ports and what I am wearing and keep to that list. For example...I take one pair of black dress pants and one white flowy skirt for casual dinners. The tops that I wear will be worn the next day with shorts or capri pants. One pair of sandles that match all dinner outfits (black works for me). Formal night I wear my Sunday Church best. For my shorts, I keep those to a limit of 2 or 3 and wear them more than once with different tops from the night before. By keeping to this way of mix and match, I really limit the space and not taking what I wont wear. Im also not a shoe crazed female and can take only 3 pair. Tennis shoes, flip flops and dress sandles for dinners.

As noted earlier...Hat and sunscreen are a MUST!

Have a great trip and enjoy every minute on a great ship.:D

lol as a guy i don't know how i would look in a flowy skirt and sandals but thanks for the advice lol:)

Congrats! I know you're excitement! We are eloping and heading to Galveston for a Mar 3 cruise!

We are sailing Royal Caribbean and the travel agent said for a 4:30 sail, try to get there at noon. They may even board at 11. Beat the crowds and take a small carryon with swimsuit. Grab lunch and hit the pool deck till they announce rooms are ready. It may be a few hours t luggage Is delivered and rooms ready.

And these boards have a lot of info!

Have a great time!

AAAWWWEEESSSOOOMMMEEE!!!!! I am 30 days from my first ever cruise and i am so excited and wondering what tips anyone has for preparing in the days and few weeks before your cruise. I have learned alot from this site allready but just asking for tips in case i missed anything so please don't flame me I am still learning:)

Congratulations! We have 311 and 369 days, long days, before we get to sail on our cruises.

Archived