Question about Diamond Plus restaurant coupon

Mickeylee

How does the "Specialty Restaurant First Night BUY ONE GET ONE FREE" coupon work as far as reserving?

Do I have to wait until on board or can I pre-book? Since I would have to pre-pay, would I get OBC for the free one?

Thanks for any info on this.

How does the "Specialty Restaurant First Night BUY ONE GET ONE FREE" coupon work as far as reserving?

Do I have to wait until on board or can I pre-book? Since I would have to pre-pay, would I get OBC for the free one?

Thanks for any info on this.

If you pre-book, you will receive the difference of one meal as a credit on your SeaPass Account once they process your coupon.

You can also wait and book once on board where you will only be charged for one meal once you give them the coupon.

We made reservations in advance. We were a party of five with 3 Diamond Plus members. Of course we had paid in advance for 5 people. When I presented our 3 Diamond Plus coupons they gave us a bill with a $90 credit. Then we left an extra tip. So with a party of 5 we paid for two , plus extra tip. Got the full $30 value of each coupon.

Question

We are traveling with our BFF's who are not d+. Since we have 2 coupons, will we be able to take them to dinner and use the coupons for them?

Yes...only the person(s) with the coupons need to be D+...

Am I correct in that these BOGO coupons are not available for the Allure and Oasis?

And, they have to be used the first night of the cruise, right?

They ARE available on the Allure and Oasis but not for all restaurants. I do not remeber the ones that were not included. I know Giovannis and Chops are included.

Yes they have to be used the first night.

Am I correct in that these BOGO coupons are not available for the Allure and Oasis?

We used ours for Samba Grill on the Allure. The coupon states that it is for the first night.

We had 2 coupons and five people at dinner ( 2 D+, 3 D) and we had no problem using both coupons and only being charged for 3 meals. We made the reservation once on board.

Enjoy

M

From the BOGO coupon that must be used on the first night and are distributed fleet wide.......

Specialty Restaurant First Night BUY ONE GET ONE FREE - (Offer includes Chops Grille, Portofino, 150 Central Park Avenue, Solarium Bistro, Giovanni's Table and Samba Grill. Valid for both pre-cruise and shipboard reservations, on ships with participating specialty restaurants. Only one guest needs to be D+ Subject to availability and valid to dine only on the first night of the cruise. You must redeem certificate at the time of purchase. Photocopies not accepted).

• 5 months later...
Is it possible to use the first night 2 for 1 coupon in connection with a specialty dining package and thus effectively lower price of 2 dining packages?

While I have no personal firsthand knowledge of this, I will bet you dollars to doughnuts that the answer is a resounding "no."

While I have no personal firsthand knowledge of this, I will bet you dollars to doughnuts that the answer is a resounding "no."

I agree (and I love your way of putting it :D). It's a shame as we would have probably bought 4 dining packages for our forthcoming cruise on Serenade but decided that our BOGO package for the first night means that we'll do that and maybe one more Speciality later in the week.

It's a pity they don't all do what wthey did on Navigator last week whereby they allowed us to book another Speciality restaurant for a night part way through the week at BOGO as long as we booked it and applied our coupon on the first night.

I agree (and I love your way of putting it :D). It's a shame as we would have probably bought 4 dining packages for our forthcoming cruise on Serenade but decided that our BOGO package for the first night means that we'll do that and maybe one more Speciality later in the week.

It's a pity they don't all do what wthey did on Navigator last week whereby they allowed us to book another Speciality restaurant for a night part way through the week at BOGO as long as we booked it and applied our coupon on the first night.

Navigator let us do something similar in March/April of this year.

There were three of us. How to handle the BOGO? (we are all D+)

They let us pay one night and come free a second night.

:D

Navigator let us do something similar in March/April of this year.

There were three of us. How to handle the BOGO? (we are all D+)

They let us pay one night and come free a second night.

:D

I wish they would do that on all ships as it's just more revenue for them. Filled tables are certainly better than empty ones.:p

I wish they would do that on all ships as it's just more revenue for them. Filled tables are certainly better than empty ones.:p

Yes, Portofino was basically empty the first night and less than half-filled the second.

When we used ours we pre-booked but just made the reservation and paid for one person. Then once onboard we both showed up for dinner.

We tried that on Jewel in Portofino and it took them close to 20 minites to figure out what to do. First they asked DH to sign a $20 tab and said that they would credit back $20 for the prepaid dinner. Having no faith that theynwould actually figure that out (they "couldn't" provide a slip showing the refund), we declined and suggested that they just let us go and call it even. I guess that was too simple a solution, and they had to get the manager involved. So we either wait until we board or email the Concierge and ask him or her to make us a reservation. No more prepaying until the day comes when we can't get in because every place is booked up.

That seems to vary depending on the Hotel Director - we were able to do that on Jewel in early December, but when we returned at the end of the month there was a new HD who wouldn't allow it. It would be nice indeed if they alllowed it fleetwide.

That seems to vary depending on the Hotel Director - we were able to do that on Jewel in early December, but when we returned at the end of the month there was a new HD who wouldn't allow it. It would be nice indeed if they alllowed it fleetwide.

Was Adriana the HD at the end of December? When we did the TA on Jewel last fall, that was one thing she would not allow is to use the BOGO on 2 different nights.

I plan to make our specialty restaurant reservation as soon as we board the Freedom in September. My question is - how will I prove I have a BOGO coupon if it isn't already loaded on my SeaPass and I have not yet received my D+ coupon book?

Should the coupons be on the card by the time I sail in September? Just wondering....

I plan to make our specialty restaurant reservation as soon as we board the Freedom in September. My question is - how will I prove I have a BOGO coupon if it isn't already loaded on my SeaPass and I have not yet received my D+ coupon book?

Should the coupons be on the card by the time I sail in September? Just wondering....

If you make your reservation onboard you don't have to pay upfront (as you do if you make it before you sail). You actually pay at the end of the meal and by the time you go to the restaurant you will have had the coupons in your cabin/on your card.

We used our BOGO on a night when the dinner menu didn't look so good to us not the first night.

after chatting with the manager, he allowed us to pay the BOGO when we boarded and then made the res for when we wanted it. He explained it's an accounting thing. So as long as you claim the coupon on the first day you can make your res any day you want it.

in other words it appeared on your bill folio as if you had used it the first night.

piece of cake.

we had spare coupons we had saved and took 26 people with us. They were delighted to have someone to serve. the only caveat was that the bill went to the D+ folks. we just collected everyone's money up front and it went off without a hitch.

we've done this on Enchantment, Grandeur, allure, and Oasis as well as EOTS and NOTS

Archived