Anthem of the Seas? Are you kidding?

Quantum of Solace of the Seas? The James Bond cruise ship? ;) I think there could have been more thought put into the names of the Project Sunshine ships.

IMHO Quantum is a cool name but really doesn't work with the "of the Seas" theme. Celebrity Quantum would have been cooler. And Anthem of the Seas just doesn't roll off the tongue, it's awkward.

Norwegian Anthem, Epic of the Seas and Reflection of the Seas would have worked so well. Therefore I propose that there should be one committee in charge of naming all cruise ships, to avoid these problems. :D

I agree!!! "Siren of the Seas" also fits with RCI's "The Sea is Calling" marketing plan, seems like a good choice.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

The word "sirens" brings to mind emergencies--that won't do.

Teddie

Quantum of Solace of the Seas? The James Bond cruise ship? ;) I think there could have been more thought put into the names of the Project Sunshine ships.

IMHO Quantum is a cool name but really doesn't work with the "of the Seas" theme. Celebrity Quantum would have been cooler. And Anthem of the Seas just doesn't roll off the tongue, it's awkward.

Norwegian Anthem, Epic of the Seas and Reflection of the Seas would have worked so well. Therefore I propose that there should be one committee in charge of naming all cruise ships, to avoid these problems. :D

Yeah I don't think it works with 'of the Seas'.

But didn't the sirens lead the sailors to their death?

Yes unfrotunetly they are associated with sailors trying to reach their rocky island shores due to their beautiful music and song.

My thought would be like RCI's AD the sea is calling, so does the Siren. They are beautiful, mystical beings in "history" and the ships are beautiful and many times awe inspiring, calling passangers to the open waters. Plus it just sounds better in my mind than Quantum.

I did think about the fact some people with think Siren is like an emergency light, but you have to also realize that there is, sadly, a lot of people out there who probably don't know what Quatum means.

Archived