OBC denied

Maryalamb

Hi,

Was hoping somebody could tell me if my denial was accurate.

I currently am booked for the Breeze for 3/16 in a 8D (early saver). I saw on the fare viewer site a lower rate (past guest), but the booking was for an 8B, upgraded to an 8D. They denied me because it wasn't an 8D.

Anybody have any experience with this? I was surprised, I really thought i'd get it. It would have been $60 total.

thx

Hi,

I currently am booked for the Breeze for 3/16 in a 8D (early saver). I saw on the fare viewer site a lower rate (past guest), but the booking was for an 8B, upgraded to an 8D. They denied me because it wasn't an 8D.

Anybody have any experience with this? I was surprised, I really thought i'd get it. It would have been $60 total.

thx

yes you can match that. I have done it many times.

Hi,

thx

I would fill out the form again and in the comments part I would tell them on there that the website say it is past guest with free upgrade from a 8B - 8D.

They include a telephone number in the denial emails. Have your screen shot ready and call them. That's what I did. The person I spoke with had me immediately email the screen shot to her, she then checked with her supervisor and it was approved.

It is really important to keep those screen shots! Mine was a 8a with free upgrade to 8b which is what we are booked in. I take screen shots of both the fare viewer and a mock booking.

Good luck!

I wanted to give a quick update on my denied OBC. I didn't call or pursue getting it. However, several days later I checked again and the fare came down even lower..so I sent in the request again, took another posters advice, and in the area where you are allowed to add comments..i wrote in that it was a 8b UPGRADED to an 8d..it worked..got news of my credit today. Thanks for the replies everybody. It pays to keep trying.;)

I myself was a little perplexed today as well.

I submitted the Early Saver form the other day as our 8B dropped. I didn't receive an email but just happened to check my cruise manager and saw they adjusted the price but instead of giving me the OBC they actually took money off the OBC I already had (taxes and fees remained the same so that wasn't the problem) Didn't take me long to grab the phone and see what was going on. After a half an hour on the phone they realized they made a mistake, reset my original OBC amount and gave me the additional I originally submitted. Guess Carnival is "human" too ;)

Sent from my tablet using Tapatalk HD.

I had this happen twice this week. Both times I called the 1-800 number, and both times it was after 10 pm, and the person who took my calls told me you are booked with a PVP and will have to talk to them to get any rebates. Both times I called right back, to her line, and also sent her emails of screen shots. Both times she called back after the cabins were sold, and even though I had sent emails proving the deals I was told "nothing I can do". The second time this happened I spoke to a supervisor and when I asked what my option were, I was told I could cancel and get nothing back.

So I told him that I would have my auto-grats removed on the ship to make up for this, and he said that they are for customer service, to which I told him that right, for good customer service, which starts at booking...

(Before you send hate mail, I won't do this, just trying to make my point)

My daughter is my agent & she is having a devil of a time trying to get OBC for lower rates. Her office manager is involved and is having trouble with Customer Service themselves. I did print out a fake booking for our two upcoming cruises so I could argue with them but they won't talk to me. What's the point of an Early Saver rate if you can do better waiting until last minute? What price guarantee if you make the process so difficult?

Plus, today I cannot get any rates for our Feb, 9Th cruise this week. No rates? How can you check the prices up to two days before a cruise if carnival.com or other websites can't bring up rates? There is no way that the ship is completely full.....

Further, why is there so many discrepancies between customer service agents granting/denying price adjustments through OBC? Shouldn't they all be interpreting their policies similarly? :confused:

My daughter is my agent & she is having a devil of a time trying to get OBC for lower rates. Her office manager is involved and is having trouble with Customer Service themselves. I did print out a fake booking for our two upcoming cruises so I could argue with them but they won't talk to me. What's the point of an Early Saver rate if you can do better waiting until last minute? What price guarantee if you make the process so difficult?

Plus, today I cannot get any rates for our Feb, 9Th cruise this week. No rates? How can you check the prices up to two days before a cruise if carnival.com or other websites can't bring up rates? There is no way that the ship is completely full.....

Further, why is there so many discrepancies between customer service agents granting/denying price adjustments through OBC? Shouldn't they all be interpreting their policies similarly? :confused:

I totally agree! ES rate is no longer the cheapest rate and Carnival has gone overboard to "deny" claims anymore. Lately you have to send them more than once and then Carnival says "oops". :eek::eek:Seriously? Why does one employee interpret it one way and another employee another way?

I totally agree! ES rate is no longer the cheapest rate and Carnival has gone overboard to "deny" claims anymore. Lately you have to send them more than once and then Carnival says "oops". :eek::eek:Seriously? Why does one employee interpret it one way and another employee another way?

I put in for an ES rate reduction shortly before final payment. I had booked using an FCC, so I had $100 OBC from the FCC. After my rate reduction was approved (total $40 for the room), I noticed my $100 OBC was gone! I emailed my PVP, who got right on it, and fixed it within the hour. He asked me to let him know next time I fill out the Early Saver form (if there are more price drops) so he could make sure it was done right.

Seems crazy that you should have to ask someone to babysit your account to make sure it's done properly and Carnival keeps their end of the deal, but I appreciated his prompt, efficient help.

I put in for an ES rate reduction shortly before final payment. I had booked using an FCC, so I had $100 OBC from the FCC. After my rate reduction was approved (total $40 for the room), I noticed my $100 OBC was gone!

Same thing happened to me. But I booked online so I had to call myself. After lots of holds and lots of explaining it was eventually sorted out. This, however, is not the first or second time this has happened and I am really starting to wonder why they haven't fixed it yet.

Archived