Official Live from the Miracle Thread (Host Terry is on board!)

What sort of frequency do they run? What happens if there are more people than space for the last tender?

I can't wait to cruise again!!!

They run about every 5 minutes! I am sure they get everybody back to the ship.

Terry:

How is Grand Cayman looking after the hurricane? Also, are the beaches okay? Nice is getting married there.

Thanks for any info you can give me.

Mick

We saw no damage in the main shopping area. We did not go any further out.

i was looking at the weather for tampa, belize, grand cayman, and cozumel (couldn't find costa maya) and it says that it's raining (t-showers) in grand cayman, cozumel, and belize. the forecast says that there are heavy thunderstorms tomorrow in grand cayman (even though i believe you are there today). could you confirm if it's raining or not? if so, does it affect anything dramatically? :confused:

The weather was mostly cloudy but no rain in Grand Cayman. It was hot adn sunny today in Costa Maya.

:confused: Any news about how the Tropical Depression now forming in the Western Caribbean will affect your cruise? I sure hope it won't...for your sake AND my son and daughter-in-law's!!

::keeping my fingers crossed::

My parents are on the Conquest in the Western cariibean..How's the weather down there? I'm worried about them.

Thanks for any info Host Terry.

The weather today (Belize) and yesterday (Costa Maya) has been extremely sunny and hot. I have sunburn on my knees from the Horseback ride. HArd to believe there is a tropical storm out there. It is not effecting the weather here at all! :)

Is there a place like an ice cream shop that sells banana splits on the Miracle?

We leave sunday, woohoo!

There is a speciality shop that sells lots of items to eat (Chocolate covered strawberries for one thing) Not sure about Banana Splits - I will check.

When we were in Grand Cayman there was only one other ship in port

When we were in Costa Maya there were a total of 3 ships in port.

Today in Belize, the Elation is near us. This is the only other ship here.

Of all the ports, Belize has been the most difficult for me to decide on what to do. I can't wait to here how this port was and what you did.

TIA

Of all the ports, Belize has been the most difficult for me to decide on what to do. I can't wait to here how this port was and what you did.

TIA

This was our second visit here. We did a city tour this time. I would suggest a visit to the ruins or cave tubing.

Terry,

We are leaving on the Miracle this sunday when you get back, so I checked with the Tampa Port folks about the docking situation. As of now, the tanker that causes the conflict with the Miracle IS expected to be here, so the Miracle is expected to dock at the alternate site at Hookers point.

Looks like you will be doing the bussing thing when you get off.

Hey, maybe the weather will change the tankers schedule.

:)

Larry

2 Day To Go. Storm (arlene) In Gulf. Tanker Again Blocking Normal

Dock This Sunday. Will Airline Fly Into Tampa With Storm. Airline

Tells Me Only 50 Lbs Per Bag Not 70. Wife Wants Me To Wear Tux.

Boss Wants Me To Email Everyday To Help With Problems At Office.

Yankees Not In 1st Place. Must Cut Grass Before We Go. Boy, I Need

A Big Miracle .

I checked with the Tampa Port folks about the docking situation. As of now, the tanker that causes the conflict with the Miracle IS expected to be here, so the Miracle is expected to dock at the alternate site at Hookers point.

Did you learn if the tankers are on any particular schedule --- like every "x" # of days.... or every other Sunday, etc.... (just trying to peer forward to JULY 3rd!)

THANKS,

Tom

Did you learn if the tankers are on any particular schedule --- like every "x" # of days.... or every other Sunday, etc.... (just trying to peer forward to JULY 3rd!)

THANKS,

Tom

And then piggy-backing onto Tom... if our 7/3 cruise goes to the "other" dock... should we still head there around 10:30 or wait till later?

Eileen

I still haven't gotten airline tickets for our Miracle cruise because it's stil more than 9 months away. What time should I get our return flights just in case the channel is blocked? How much does this usually delay people disembarking?

southsears - I am in Tampa - it looks like bad weather will be basically through here by Saturday night at the latest - probably by some time earlier Saturday, so planes will probably be on schedule

let the grass go

you think you have problems with the Yankees, just be glad you are not a Devil Rays fan (besides, most people in Tampa seem to be Yankee fans!)

Terry - we left a kid on board from the last cruise - can you find him please? he is small and loud

Terry, Keep us up to date on the storm. Looks like that at some point you will have to cut through it to get back to Tampa. If you are let off at the other site does that delay the ship for the next group getting on by a few hours?

This seems to be a regular problem. Looks like the tanker would know it's coming and when. That has to put a strain on Carnival's pocketbook with the extra bus expense.

Archived