Suite Upgrade?

spyro1952

We got bumped from a mini to a full suite in October on the Star. We were sailing on Sunday got the notification on Friday evening. Talk about sweet!!!! Best 15 days ever spent on a cruise.

Has anyone ever known or heard of upgrades between suite categories - window suite to full suite with balcony?

I have not seen anyone post that they were upgraded from a WS to a full suite, but that does not mean it has not happened.

However, Princess does upgrades for a booked cabin if they think they can resell that cabin easier than selling the cabin being upgraded to.

It is easier to resell a mini-suite or a balcony than it is to resell a WS, so unless they had a person insisting on booking a WS when all the WS cabins were sold out, it is unlikely that there will be a free upgrade from a WS to another full suite category.

We got an offer last year to move from a mini-suite to a Window Suite, but it was $500 so we passed.

Off the point a little, but on Coral Princess we stayed in a window-mini-suite up near the bow. Loved it, it was extra-roomy.

Steve

Thanks for the responses. Trust me I am happy with the WS at the price I booked it at. This is for an upcoming TA on the CB. All of the WS are booked but there are 17 full balcony suites empty. My thoughts are that it might be easier for them to staff on the regular decks rather than open up that secluded area where the WS are on deck 6. We'll see what happens. :)

We booked an Aft facing corner balcony on the Crown for later this month. After two price decreases a third was spotted and my TA was contacted. She came back and said Princess wanted to offer a mini-suite and $50 OBC which we took. We were assigned an AB mini. Then we received an email from our TA a month or so ago saying Princess wanted to offer us a full suite for $199 each - which we accepted and we'll be in a Penthouse Suite. Total cost is $450 less than we originally paid for the BB cabin! :-) So it looks like up-sell is pretty common.

Archived