Sugar Free drink mixers?

sugarsnap1981

Other than water or drinking martinis or straight liquor, I can't think of an alternative. Some restaurants here in SoCal offer "skinny" sugar-free drinks. Wish Princess offered skinny margaritas and other drinks.

I know you can get small bottles of concentrated sugar-free flavorings at the supermarket. I forget the brand name but they have over a dozen flavors. You might consider bringing something like that to flavor your beverages.

Crystal Light comes in small packets sized to be mixed in a .5L/16.9 oz water bottle.

Seconded.

DW doesn't like carbonated drinks, so we packed a couple boxes of the water bottle sized (16-20oz) flavor packets from crystal light (A lemonade, a raspberry lemonade, and a peach iced tea) and then bought a couple water bottles on board and mixed the bottles and kept them cold in the fridge. We then just poured the drinks into glasses w/ice, treating them just like a mini-pitcher, so the bottles didn't get too germy over the course of the voyage. Saved $ and more importantly DW was able to enjoy beverages she wanted while at sea.

You may find that buying (or smuggling aboard) your own liquor is easier to make your own cocktails fwiw.

I bring propel packets! It's supposed to be mixed with a bottle of water, but I use a Tervis Tumbler (20oz) and it's perfect. Just enough flavor without being icky sweet. It's also clear. Hate to see people with red teeth from drinking koolaid type drinks!:cool:

As a diabetic who wishes to avoid the sugar packed pseudojuices available on most cruise lines I use the little 1.62 ounce squeezy bottles of Mio or the look alike products from various supermarkets.

Less than $3, no sugar or calories, very small and light to pack and you need only a teenytiny squirt per glass of water.

Mio coupons are available on Ebay if you find you like it.

Other brands cost somewhat less and seem to be much the same.

Flavors include Fruit Punch, Tea. Half tea/Half Lemonade (Arnold Palmer) Tropical, etc.

Who knows what the chemicals will do to us but at least there is no sugar or high fructose corn syrup.

Its quite palatable and IMHO better than Crystal Light or the other powdered products.

Same as Dasani drops...Crystal light in liquid form..

As a diabetic who wishes to avoid the sugar packed pseudojuices available on most cruise lines I use the little 1.62 ounce squeezy bottles of Mio or the look alike products from various supermarkets.

Less than $3, no sugar or calories, very small and light to pack and you need only a teenytiny squirt per glass of water.

Mio coupons are available on Ebay if you find you like it.

Other brands cost somewhat less and seem to be much the same.

Flavors include Fruit Punch, Tea. Half tea/Half Lemonade (Arnold Palmer) Tropical, etc.

Who knows what the chemicals will do to us but at least there is no sugar or high fructose corn syrup.

Its quite palatable and IMHO better than Crystal Light or the other powdered products.

Same as Dasani drops...Crystal light in liquid form..

Apparently I added nothing of interest to the thread so I will just shut up and view from now on.

I concede you know it all so I'll leave it to you. You can put someone else down next time.

Edited by Griller

This concoction is based on Long Island Ice Tea. Just add the Vodka to unsweetened tea and add lemonade (artifically sweetened) and a little OJ. Don't laugh until you've tried it.

That sounds yummy. I think I will try it out now while watching the big game. :)

Thanks all for the ideas. I will make sure to bring my own mixers on board.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

The Dasani pineapple coconut drops taste just like a Pina Colada. Also Crystal Lite makes some powdered Mojito mix that also is great but it has to be mixed in a pitcher unless you just want to pour some of the powder in a little at a time. Add your shot of rum and they are wonderful. Crystal Lite also has margarita and appletini mixes (for pitchers) but I don't like them.

• 7 months later...
If you shop Walmart try there own brand "GREAT VALUE" they have many flavors of sugar free powdered drink mixes in tubes just like Crystal light. We take boxes of these in different flavors on every cruise.

You beat me to this, so I just have to second your suggestion. I have virtually stopped drinking Diet Soda, and I drink these water flavors or fresh brewed ice tea most of the time.

There is a wide variety of flavors available in a container of 6 (Some have only 5.) packets for $1.98 that make 1 Quart of drink with each packet. I like most of the flavors, and the ones that I don't like are due to personal preference and not a quality issue.

I pack a large variety of these packets in a rubbermaid 1QT pitcher (Picture attached) for making on the ship. Just add tap water from the faucet, a flavor packet, shake, and put it in the room fridge to chill! EASY! They also make some of these in smaller individual servings, but I find it more convenient and economical to make the quart size. I like it cold, and I pour some into my carry cup and I am set.

My steward on my last cruise really liked the idea, so I left all of the extra packets for him on my last cruise.

They would be perfect for mixers as well, and definately good for diabetics and folks who can't do sodas!

Happy Cruising!

Mark

1477639337_rubbermaid1QT.jpg.2bdd200e43d50fb621756625b36faee8.jpg

Edited by cruisehappy001
Add Photo!

Crystal Light had a Mojito flavored drink this summer that was wonderful. I drank it all summer, sometimes with, more often without rum. Our local Kroger store was closing it out last week and I bought everyone they had for a steal. The entire bottom shelf of the pantry is now filled with Mojito Crystal Light, and I plan on packing it for our winter cruise.

Crystal Light had a Mojito flavored drink this summer that was wonderful. I drank it all summer, sometimes with, more often without rum. Our local Kroger store was closing it out last week and I bought everyone they had for a steal. The entire bottom shelf of the pantry is now filled with Mojito Crystal Light, and I plan on packing it for our winter cruise.

If you need to get your fix again, you may want to check Wally-World as one of their Great Value flavors is Mojito!!! I tried it and it actually tasted to me like it had booze in it already, maybe it was psychological? LOL

Not trying to feed one's addiction, the choice is all up to you! HA HA!

Mark

P.S. Thanks, I got the spreadsheet!:)

If you need to get your fix again, you may want to check Wally-World as one of their Great Value flavors is Mojito!!! I tried it and it actually tasted to me like it had booze in it already, maybe it was psychological? LOL

Not trying to feed one's addiction, the choice is all up to you! HA HA!

Mark

P.S. Thanks, I got the spreadsheet!:)

Glad you got the spreadsheet, and thanks for that information! I was hooked on the Margarita flavored Crystal Light last summer (which tells you something about my preferred taste), and found that the Target generic was even better, but the Kroger generic was unpalatable. I will try one package of the WalMart Mojito...after I finish the 37 containers (really...it was $1.33 a container) already in the pantry. Drinking it as I type...

Hi,

I've had gastric bypass and can't have soda, so there goes my diet soda and vodka drink. Does anyone know if they have sugar free mixers on board?

Thanks!

On our recent cruise, instead of purchasing the soda card I brought with me the liquid crystal light. I have a wristlet that I carry with me onboard which holds my small camera, room key and now the crystal light. It was great having that, especially during dinner. The waiters got a kick out of my "special" drink. The best part is they take up virtually no room in your suitcase.