Corkscrew allowed aboard?

DMLyons

I don't know if you even need to bring a corkscrew aboard, but I bought one, just in case. The question is...are you even allowed to bring one aboard? :cool: This is probably a really silly question, but I don't know. You can't take sharp items aboard, and a corkscrew COULD be used against someone else, but let's face it...there are already corkscrews on the ship somewhere. What with all that wine aboard, there MUST be. I couldn't come up with a valid reason for them to complain about me bringing one for the wine we're bringing aboard with us, but I'd rather just leave it at home and ask for one of theirs, if it will be a problem at security.

Thanks in advance.

DML

I have always brought along a corkscrew and have never had an issue. Although I know it really isn't necessary as your room stewart will be happy to bring one upon request ... I just always like to bring my own.

Cdn in KS

I have always brought along a corkscrew and have never had an issue. Although I know it really isn't necessary as your room stewart will be happy to bring one upon request ... I just always like to bring my own.

Cdn in KS

Thanks much! I figured that would be the answer, but never hurts to ask.

DML

I think we come home with more corkscrews and bottle openers than we get on board with. I do suggest you take a small bottle opener because if you buy a bucket of beer, the small opener is lethal - so tiny it can't get under the lip and you take the skin off your fingers.

I think we come home with more corkscrews and bottle openers than we get on board with. I do suggest you take a small bottle opener because if you buy a bucket of beer, the small opener is lethal - so tiny it can't get under the lip and you take the skin off your fingers.

My husband has one on his keychain, so I suppose we can just carry that around, hooked to the key card. Grin... Thanks much to everyone for your answers.

DML

Yup we had a corkscrew bottle opener combo (even said Princess Cruises!) as well as a small Swiss Army knife

To add to that, on every cruise we've ever been on I've packed a full sized Leatherman Multi-tool into my baggage and never had a problem :D

You are certainly allowed to bring a corkscrew onboard. NCL will also provide you with one as well as clean glasses whenever you need them. The only problem I have had with a corkscrew was on the way home going through security at FLL. I had a carryon and the corkscrew had a small knife. They took it.

Archived