Blu and dinner seating? Confused . . .

jamies78

Hello,

Just booked our first Celebrity cruise on the Solstice in Alaska! Booked in an Aqua class veranda. When we originally booked we chose the open dinner seating so we could go anytime. Today we called with a question, and the agent asked "oh,so you don't want to eat in Blu? You have to be booked for the 6:00 dinner seating in order to be allowed to eat there." we went ahead ans switched, but this was new to us. Is this true? Why? Just figured I would ask the experts!

Thanks!:)

Blu is open seating, any time seating , select seating, your time and etc just about anything that you want to call it. Selecting a seating time when filling out your documents doesn't mean anything. Your dining room is Blu and you can dine there anytime that you desire during the hours that they are open.

The first night they will have also have a set time for you on your invitation in your cabin, that doesn't mean anything either. Show up when you want during the open hours.

This has been the topic of many a thread here. It's a quirk in the reservation system. When you book Aqua Class you are supposed to choose a specific dining time, even though Aqua Class BLU is Open (anyime) seating. If you specifically choose "anytime dining", they assume you do NOT want to eat in BLU.

(Don't ask me why, or how - that's just the way it is.)

In most recent practice (Dec, Silhouette), there will be card in your room inviting you come to BLU at any time you wish to dine.

Hello,

Just booked our first Celebrity cruise on the Solstice in Alaska! Booked in an Aqua class veranda. When we originally booked we chose the open dinner seating so we could go anytime. Today we called with a question, and the agent asked "oh,so you don't want to eat in Blu? You have to be booked for the 6:00 dinner seating in order to be allowed to eat there." we went ahead ans switched, but this was new to us. Is this true? Why? Just figured I would ask the experts!

Thanks!:)

The people in Celebrity customer service are very often wrong and in this case they are. As the previous poster stated, this is a quirk in their system, basically their computer system. It doesn't matter where or when you are booked, as long as you have that little blue key card you will eat in Blu. The policy the service personnel told you was the old policy which was removed about 6 months ago. Best bet is to just pick a tradional time and when you get on the ship you can eat whenever you want. Here is the web site section which will explain things.

If I am an AquaClass® guest, can I choose Celebrity Select Dining?

Our online booking system does require you to choose either Main Seating (6 PM), Late Seating (8:30 PM), or Celebrity Select Dining in order to complete your booking. As an AquaClass® guest, whatever choice you make, you will be automatically assigned to Blu.

Since Blu offers flexible dining between 6 PM and 9:30 PM every evening, you're free to dine at the time of your choice during those hours, even though your reservation details may list a specific time.

Choosing Celebrity Select Dining will automatically add pre-paid gratuities and you will still be assigned to Blu.

You will LOVE Blu! The menu items are not always as varied as the main dining room, but the presentation and the food itself is fabulous! (Occasionally, I ordered one of the every-night options, but generally tried something to order from the day's selections. If you want something different, go to the buffet later.) And, breakfast in Blu is superb. We were die-hard Princess cruisers until we came upon Aqua Class. Between Blu and the front-of-the-ship spa lounging room, we are hooked!

Archived