We WON!...Now a dream comes true

RevRhino

My business is marketing so its normal I just say the truth how it is. But anytime anybody win something there always is a catch, companies not give away something for nothing there is an agenda. I just simply stating a fact, the OP said he/she use it for future to take the kids...1k sureley helps but Carnival does win in the end, OP pays for the balance over the 1k for that cruise.

I thought this is a cruise board that we all can say how we feel, give our advice, our opinions and our reviews. I did nothing wrong of a kind but then again, my work is marketing so I know alot of the fine print that many here not even think of.

Edited by lyndamr

My business is marketing so its normal I just say the truth how it is. But anytime anybody win something there always is a catch, companies not give away something for nothing there is an agenda. I just simply stating a fact, the OP said he/she use it for future to take the kids...1k sureley helps but Carnival does win in the end, OP pays for the balance over the 1k for that cruise.

I thought this is a cruise board that we all can say how we feel, give our advice, our opinions and our reviews. I did nothing wrong of a kind but then again, my work is marketing so I know alot of the fine print that many here not even think of.

Well ... DUH!!!

I don't think you have to be in marketing to know the things you stated. :rolleyes:

YAY RAVENS!!!

Edited by WetToes

Hello Wettoes I see you just joined here hello.

Some people here well...I be nice and not say it. Lets just say it nicely they not understand why a company gives out prizes. There is always an agenda why a company give out prizes such as this.

Duh....hahahaha

Edited by lyndamr

If the OP used it for the two of them to go on a 5 day cruise that totaled less than $1000 would Carnival still win? After taxes it's still money that the winner didn't have to put towards a cruise~ Congrats OP

Now if this was something that was coming via the mystery look-a-like Carnival logo postcard saying the "you have won a free cruise" I would be a bit less excited but this was a contest put on by Carnival and I know I would be just as happy as the OP to have won a prize.

This is really going nowhere not waste my time going on with it, but I do want to say lets see when and if they receive their prizes, I have heard there are some scams out there that are informing passengers they won, not totally positive but have read other boards of people mentioning about "fake notices of winning".

This is really going nowhere not waste my time going on with it, but I do want to say lets see when and if they receive their prizes, I have heard there are some scams out there that are informing passengers they won, not totally positive but have read other boards of people mentioning about "fake notices of winning".

Did you not fully read the Op's thread? This is a Carnival Promotion, not an outside agency that typically "scams" others in their fake contests. There is no fine print. I am also pretty sure the OP is well aware that this simply money to put towards other on board expenses. I am in Sales which also means I am in Marketing....you must also be aware that Cruise/Hotel/Dinner coupons that everybody in the Service Industry uses to get Customers to visit them. The hope is that once you get the person into your establishment that they will spend, spend, spend. This is of course Marketing 101....

Yes exactly they are promotions to make more money.

Promos that every single business in the world uses...I think others are jumping on you here for stating the obvious while at the same time taking away the excitement the OP had with winning something to help on an upcoming cruise. You suggested that the promo could be fake and pretty much, well you know....

And Vacations are twofold: to make the person enjoy time away from reality, and to provide the particular business a revenue stream. Everybody wins, and is well aware of the playing field before they engage. There will be no surprises for the OP.....

Edited by Redsfan

I used to do sweepstakes pretty intensely as a hobby (before going back to grad school- educated, normal person) and there are some great wins to be had from real contests with real prizes... I won concert tickets, a Kindle, gift cards, etcetera. This was a legit Carnival contest and a very cool prize. Congrats to OP!

Love My Butler, not only like the name but like your thinking. There is always fine print, blackout dates, expiration dates, rules to what you have won, etc. etc.

OP I very happy for you but until you actually get your prize in your hands I would not put my heart totally on thinking you won.

Holy horse feathers, I don't recall the OP asking if people could dissect the promotion and point out all the potential pitfalls, he/she is happy and by the sound of it would be just as thrilled if they won a $100 gift card. If you must analyze the promotion here you go, happy reading...http://www.carnival.com/legal/vacation-awesomeation-event-terms.aspx

OP please come back and let us know if you were paid in Monopoly money or if you received the gift stated but most of all enjoy your gift :)

Thanks for those who celebrate with us! I noticed as others posted they had won, it was nice to have some sort of awareness that there were CC community members who were winners of this contest. Therefore, I posted our news.

Lyndamr, I can appreciate your point that Carnival gives away money that can be used within their business to generate more income from those who receive the gift card. I did not win a $1000 check. I won $1000 to spend within their company. I am no idiot. I have a Masters Degree, and am a member of Mensa. I understand how marketing works. I am also aware enough to know how scams work.

I do feel confident that I will receive my prize. I don't consider Carnival to be a scamming company, and that they will deliver what they have promised. I read the Rules of the Sweepstakes prior to ever entering, and feel confident that they will deliver as promised. I do not believe I have been scammed by another party. First, if this is a scam, they went to a lot of effort to make it look legit, which is not impossible I'll admit. But secondly, and most importantly, why would they scam me? They have gained nothing if this is a third-party scam. I have not sent in any "processing fees" or given them my checking account information as is common in scams. I have education and experience in the Information Technology field, and am often called upon to consult on issues that are technology-related, including safe uses of the internet, and scams to avoid. While I won't say that I am immune from such an attack, this had none of the obvious characteristics of such a scam.

When I receive my prize, I will make a point to post here that it has been received. Should it come with any previously-unknown strings attached, I will gladly admit that, and post that here as well. From your postings here, you strike me as a glass-half-empty person, where I'm seeing it as $1000 full.

For those who celebrate with us, please know this is looking for more than just a vacation. Our youngest child, recently turned 2 years old, was born with significant birth defects and given less than a 20% chance of survival. During his hospitalization, our family had to make sacrifices. These sacrifices meant spending a lot less time with our other children, missing their events, and foregoing planned times together such as some summer vacation times and Spring Break. It also meant that, once home, we couldn't easily travel with our youngest having the medical conditions that he had.

As time has gone on, his health is improving, and we are now to a point that we feel comfortable traveling with him. To be able to take ALL of our children on a cruise will be an answered prayer, and something we shall celebrate as more than just a simple vacation. We do not make tons of money, and we will likely only be able to afford to do this once during their childhoods. Winning this sweepstakes really sealed the deal that we can scrape together the rest of the money so that we can make this happen.

I look forward to posting a report one day of our vacation, and how much of a joy it was to spend all that time together.

OP, Im very happy your optomistic, I am alot older than you and wiser due to life's lessons. I do believe you have won something but upon my life's experiences ofwinning other contests/sweepstakes that ended up having "strings attached" and fine print, I learned to not be overjoyed by these things until the end result is in my hand.

I am so very happy to hear your son has survived. My sister had a baby that died 12 days due to birth defects, we would of done anything and everything if she would survive but her life was taken away. I am sure that my sister and brother in law give anything to be in your shoes regardless of all the sacrafices, expense, and problems you been going through.

I think you have already won something far more important than any prize could mean...that is your son doing so much better and I am so grateful to hear that. :p

OP, Im very happy your optomistic, I am alot older than you and wiser due to life's lessons. I do believe you have won something but upon my life's experiences ofwinning other contests/sweepstakes that ended up having "strings attached" and fine print, I learned to not be overjoyed by these things until the end result is in my hand.

I am so very happy to hear your son has survived. My sister had a baby that died 12 days due to birth defects, we would of done anything and everything if she would survive but her life was taken away. I am sure that my sister and brother in law give anything to be in your shoes regardless of all the sacrafices, expense, and problems you been going through.

I think you have already won something far more important than any prize could mean...that is your son doing so much better and I am so grateful to hear that. :p

this should have been your initial response and all that followed it would not have happened....I am sure your words of advice above will now be taken too heart, and questions will be asked before the OP books a Holiday. Typically with any of these cruise lines, even if you win a free cruise on board, it does not include Port Fees or Taxes...both of which do not go to CCL..

be very blessed you are now able to travel with your young one OP. My brother in law in California has 2 children, and his first was adopted. Unfortunately this child was born with genetic defects and up until this day it is next to impossible to be able to travel with him. Yet another reason I am thankful for 3 healthy children.....

Thanks for those who celebrate with us! I noticed as others posted they had won, it was nice to have some sort of awareness that there were CC community members who were winners of this contest. Therefore, I posted our news.

Lyndamr, I can appreciate your point that Carnival gives away money that can be used within their business to generate more income from those who receive the gift card. I did not win a $1000 check. I won $1000 to spend within their company. I am no idiot. I have a Masters Degree, and am a member of Mensa. I understand how marketing works. I am also aware enough to know how scams work.

I do feel confident that I will receive my prize. I don't consider Carnival to be a scamming company, and that they will deliver what they have promised. I read the Rules of the Sweepstakes prior to ever entering, and feel confident that they will deliver as promised. I do not believe I have been scammed by another party. First, if this is a scam, they went to a lot of effort to make it look legit, which is not impossible I'll admit. But secondly, and most importantly, why would they scam me? They have gained nothing if this is a third-party scam. I have not sent in any "processing fees" or given them my checking account information as is common in scams. I have education and experience in the Information Technology field, and am often called upon to consult on issues that are technology-related, including safe uses of the internet, and scams to avoid. While I won't say that I am immune from such an attack, this had none of the obvious characteristics of such a scam.

When I receive my prize, I will make a point to post here that it has been received. Should it come with any previously-unknown strings attached, I will gladly admit that, and post that here as well. From your postings here, you strike me as a glass-half-empty person, where I'm seeing it as $1000 full.

For those who celebrate with us, please know this is looking for more than just a vacation. Our youngest child, recently turned 2 years old, was born with significant birth defects and given less than a 20% chance of survival. During his hospitalization, our family had to make sacrifices. These sacrifices meant spending a lot less time with our other children, missing their events, and foregoing planned times together such as some summer vacation times and Spring Break. It also meant that, once home, we couldn't easily travel with our youngest having the medical conditions that he had.

As time has gone on, his health is improving, and we are now to a point that we feel comfortable traveling with him. To be able to take ALL of our children on a cruise will be an answered prayer, and something we shall celebrate as more than just a simple vacation. We do not make tons of money, and we will likely only be able to afford to do this once during their childhoods. Winning this sweepstakes really sealed the deal that we can scrape together the rest of the money so that we can make this happen.

I look forward to posting a report one day of our vacation, and how much of a joy it was to spend all that time together.

So happy you won! Sounds like you all deserve a vacation.