We WON!...Now a dream comes true

RevRhino

This person has been saying this on any thread about the carnival contest. I won also and the $1000 will go along way to help us with a vacation. Don't know why some people have to be so negative.

not sure either...there are some things to be made aware of, and those could have been stated in a more positive manner for sure.

• 3 weeks later...
My business is marketing so its normal I just say the truth how it is. But anytime anybody win something there always is a catch, companies not give away something for nothing there is an agenda. I just simply stating a fact, the OP said he/she use it for future to take the kids...1k sureley helps but Carnival does win in the end, OP pays for the balance over the 1k for that cruise.

I thought this is a cruise board that we all can say how we feel, give our advice, our opinions and our reviews. I did nothing wrong of a kind but then again, my work is marketing so I know alot of the fine print that many here not even think of.

You're not the only one with that background. it's attitudes like this that I decided to leave a lucrative sales and marketing career for the nonprofit world. I'd rather be surrounded by positive people than someone with your mindset.

Congrats op!

Edited by RickinNYC

I got our $1000 carnival gift card today. Can't wait to book our family cruise.

Untitled_zpse716b37a.jpg?t=1361933787

Just curious, if you gave it to me.. Could I use it on my upcoming cruise.. If so I'll pay you 500.00 cash.. XD

It's probably determined to be used under certain rules I'm sure.

Sent from my Galaxy 3S

This is really going nowhere not waste my time going on with it, but I do want to say lets see when and if they receive their prizes, I have heard there are some scams out there that are informing passengers they won, not totally positive but have read other boards of people mentioning about "fake notices of winning".

My fiance won in the Carnival Awesome-ation sweepstakes, and we received our $1000.00 Carnival Gift card via FEDEX today! We had a cruise booked in a Grand Suite a couple of weeks before the sweepstakes. We get to use this thousand bucks however we want. On board credit, shore excursions, liquor, spa treatments, photos, gift shops, art auctions, jewelry, or to pay our balance on our cabin. We can use it to book a cabin for our son and grand daughter to come. Or book a future cruise and apply $1000 to it!

Sorry to disappoint you, but NO SCAM HERE!:p

• 1 year later...

Congratulations to the OP and everyone who won! It's a wonderful gift, to be sure!

Thats just awesome.

Funny story- I was telling my hubby about how when people post about winning contests and receiving free cruises that others invariably pipe up and talk about how nothing is free, blah, blah, blah. My 11 year old son looked up and piped in.

"They are just poor sports! who wouldnt rather have $1000, than not!"

Enough said!

Dear OP

I know this is late, but I have just read this for the first time. Congratulations on your win with Carnival, but mostly on your win with your son. Three weeks ago my SIL was rushed into an emergency C section at only 29 weeks. Neither mom or baby were doing well. The baby was only given 2 days at the most to live and mom was fading fast. The gave mom a couple of transfusions and that really helped. Baby is now three weeks old and weighs a whopping 3 lbs 3 oz! Miracles happen and I'm so grateful to have this little niece in our lives, especially since her mom has been trying to get pregnant for 18 years, even tried all the infertility treatments. What a blessing to finally have a little one to hold. Of course baby is still in NICU but she is making great strides! Thank you for sharing your story with us, it helped me find hope for our miracle and strengthens my faith. May your dream come true sooner rather than later. God bless you and your family!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Happy, happy sails to you and the little Rhinos.

Just putting all of your pocket change in a jar, daily, without fail..everyone in the family onboard..............amounts to a stunning amount in a year. My husband, who is very disciplined does this. .and cashes it at Christmas. He has hundreds of dollars. enough to give cash as a gift to Me and Our daughter.

I have never had the discipline to do it , even seeing every year how it works for him.

Good luck again. I am so happy for all of your family.

Edited by AmberTeka

Very nice! Nit sûre what this has to do with Carnival. Isn't this a Disney promo? $1000 on Disney doesn't go far.

Sent from my HTC One mini using Forums mobile app

It's a $1000 Carnival gift card. That would be awful nice of Disney but I doubt it was their promotion. ;):D

My 11 year old son looked up and piped in.

"They are just poor sports! who wouldnt rather have $1000, than not!"

Enough said!

BRILLIANT child!! [emoji12][emoji39][emoji72][emoji106]

Congratulations to the winners!

Every little bit helps ... even if they DO send you a 1099.

Since this thread is full of unsolicited professional opinion, as an accountant I thought I'd throw that out there. Lol! [emoji68]

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Entered the week-long Awesome-cation sweepstakes every day. On our way home from church today, I got the email notifying me that I had won.

Wife and I are cruising in Nov for our 2nd cruise. Kids have been begging for a cruise, but we saw no way we could afford to take us, and our 5 kids. With a $1000 gift card, I think we can make it happen sometime in the next couple years.

We're very excited.:D

Congratulations and with five kids (!) you all deserve a nice cruise together as a family.