Regent Summer 2014 Collection (April - November) published

ededmd

Just when I was getting envious of the Oceania cruisers having their schedule already, I found the Regent publication in my mail today. :D

As one who previously posted in favor of the paper mailing list, I'm happy.

Reservations open 0830 on 02/13.

If as per the Oceania protocol, the itineraries won't be on the RSSC website until available for booking - time/ date above.

New ports

Antibes, France

Argostoli, Greece

Chania, Crete

Dakar, Senegal

Durres (Tirana), Albania

Hammerfest, Norway

Helsingborg, Sweden

Karlskrona, Sweden

Kristiansand, Norway

Langkawi, Malaysia

Mariehamn, Aland Islands

Murmask, Russia

Ravenn, Italy

Sanary sur Mer, France

Santa Cruz de la Palma, Canary Islands, Spain

Syros, Greece

Volos, Greece

I found it on another web site. The link is http://www.rssc.com/Ebrochures/SummerCol...ummerCollection

That links to the 2013 summer cruises (not 2014).

I've only seen the pdf one other place online but it has to be sought specifically - it is not yet coming up on a google search that I saw.

One other thing I found interesting about the summer 2014 brochure -

The continued push towards concierge.

As previously noted, the last deck plan revision apportioned more suites to be concierge level (and therefore fewer lower cost options).

New to this publication / iteration of maximizing profit,

the FREE 1-night pre-cruise luxury hotel package is no longer for everyone.

It is now only for "Concierge Suites and Higher".

We just received the 2014 "Summer Collection". Says right on the front that voyages would be available to book on Feb. 13. Nice.........so why when I look online at the Nov. 23rd Navigator Carib/Amazon is the first catagory "waitlisted"? What am I not understanding here........not making me very happy. Maybe someone out there can explain this to me...........

We just received the 2014 "Summer Collection". Says right on the front that voyages would be available to book on Feb. 13. Nice.........so why when I look online at the Nov. 23rd Navigator Carib/Amazon is the first catagory "waitlisted"? What am I not understanding here........not making me very happy. Maybe someone out there can explain this to me...........

While I do not exactly have an answer I can tell you that most of the itineraries I checked for the second half of 2014 have the first category waitlisted or guaranteed. My guess is that TA's get a hold of them -- they have had these itineraries for a few days and probably get first pick. Again -- just a guess.

On the 13th all categories will have cabins available to book. We do not pre-sell or hold allotments for anyone. The first phone call at 830am on the 13th gets first choice.

Best-

KSK

Just talked to Regent and they told me that the pre-cruise hotel package in a standard room would be included in the price. The concierge suite and above gets the upgrade to the luxury package.

They DID NOT make it clear lower categories would get free-pre-cruise hotel in 2014 bruchure! Who checks those brochures for accuracy?

I found it on another web site. The link is http://www.rssc.com/Ebrochures/SummerCol...ummerCollection

Thank you very much for the link. With the changes in itineraries it is nice to get a quick peek ahead of time in order to plan. :)

When I last checked this was showing only 2013 summer but yes, nice to see when I rechecked today the 2014 summer itins are loaded for those not on the paper / traditional mail list.

On the 13th all categories will have cabins available to book. We do not pre-sell or hold allotments for anyone. The first phone call at 830am on the 13th gets first choice.

Best-

KSK

Nice to see you posting here / on the Regent board Mr. Kamlani.

We appreciate your input and hope to see you here as often as FDR appears on the Oceania board. :)

According to my TA only Concierge category will receive the free night precruise hotel stay. I also noticed that category F is now Concierge also. It seems Regent continues to cut back. Is this because of new management? I keep on reading about food not being as good. I hope Regent is not taking a step back. It's bad enough they raise fares four times a year and their fares are getting pretty steep considering many perks are taken away.

According to my TA only Concierge category will receive the free night precruise hotel stay. I also noticed that category F is now Concierge also. It seems Regent continues to cut back. Is this because of new management? I keep on reading about food not being as good. I hope Regent is not taking a step back. It's bad enough they raise fares four times a year and their fares are getting pretty steep considering many perks are taken away.

I would be surprised if this change had to do with the recent management change. During the downturn in the economy, Regent added the included hotel as well as included excursions. This could be why their ships were full and some of their competitors had difficulty filling their ships. We did not expect these extra benefits to remain indefinitely so are not surprised to see a bit of cutting back with the hotels. I do feel that they need to hold the price on non concierge cabins -- at least for a while.

In terms of food, this subject comes up year after year. We have sailed on Regent for several years -- our most recent cruise being 2 months ago. While food is subjective and there are some items/dining venues that aren't our favorite, IMO, the overall food quality has not changed. I was reading the Silversea board yesterday and see the same type of comments there. Regent serves top of the line cruise ship food that probably cannot compare with food served in a Michelin star restaurant but is darn good!

According to my TA only Concierge category will receive the free night precruise hotel stay. I also noticed that category F is now Concierge also.

Interesting comment about category F. On the cruise that we hope to take, 7/10/14 Oslo to Copenhagem, F is NOT shown as concierge if it were, we'd probably ask our TA to book F instead of G.

If you look at Regent's brochure (Winter Collection) it shows that effective Nov 2013 10 cabins on deck 7, category F on the Voyager are now Concierge cabins. Not all F cabins are but those from 738 to 745. I just happened to notice because we are booked on the Voyager later this year.

Archived