What is the bestway to upgrade from a group booking.

mbalmr71

Through an award program with my company I will be sailing on the Imagination this April. Hooray for the free cruise. I recently learned that they are booking everyone in our group in an oceanview. Not looking a gift horse in the mouth but, once you've had veranda..., right?

I am wondering how to go about upgrading to a GS when our corporate travel dept made the booking, likely through an agency. I am also wondering if the group booking results in a significant savings over the published rate. The difference in rates on the website is about $300pp.

Should I call Carnival once I get my booking info or will I have to go through the agent?

I have never done a 3 nighter either and I am wondering if I should not just deal with the ocean view and call it free, particualarly since there the ship is in Nassau for half the trip anyway. :confused: I do love me some balcony.

they might of gotten a group discount with the ocean view

Unless the group is 250+ cabins, group rates are lower than FunSelect rates but higher priced than standard Promotional discount rates (like Easy Saver) and Suites are never offered at Group rates.

Like you, I love me some balcony whenever I can get one. However, if I am being given a free cruise, I would not look the gift horse in the mouth. I'd be grateful for the opportunity to sail on someone else's dime, and would take the oceanview.

YMMV :)

Archived