Equinox - Dinner for 2 - Tables??

DeRon

We have 8:30 seating on our upcoming Equinox cruise. I am a little worried reading reviews how all the tables are so close/crammed together. Is this right? Can you make reservations at a table that isn't so cramped?

Everyone is different, but on cruises, my wife and I enjoy eating at private table settings.

We have 8:30 seating on our upcoming Equinox cruise. I am a little worried reading reviews how all the tables are so close/crammed together. Is this right? Can you make reservations at a table that isn't so cramped?

Everyone is different, but on cruises, my wife and I enjoy eating at private table settings.

Greetings

You can go to the MDR the afternoon of the 1st day and the host/hostess should be able to direct you to your table. If you do not like that table, you can talk to the Maitre D' and he MAY be able to change your location. The MDR tables are all fairly close together, there are not many "private" settings.

Good Sailing

Tom

DeRon, Happy to give you this information.

We had the best table for 2 for 8:30 seating on Equinox sailing a couple of weeks ago.

It was table 230 right up against the wine tower. We had lots of space around us & the best waiter and assistant.

Bon Voyage.

Change to Seclect Dinig (All the upper tier) ask the MaitreD' for table 455 or 555 for duration of the Cruise both are fine doubles, not closed in, close to the rail overlooking the Captain's Table and the MDR below. - Worth a good grat'

Some tables for two are a little more spacious than others but even still, most people are very respectful of others' privacy. You sit down, say a quick hello to whomever you're seated nearest to, and then you ignore them for the rest of the dinner if you so choose. It's not discourteous to do that.

Was on the Equinox last June and was for the late seating a table for 2 next to a pole close to the entrance on the port side. At first I thought it would be annoying but it was quite nice as it seems to give a bit of privacy. The service and food was great. But if you don't like your assignement certainly ask to be changed.

Was on the Equinox last June and was for the late seating a table for 2 next to a pole close to the entrance on the port side. At first I thought it would be annoying but it was quite nice as it seems to give a bit of privacy. The service and food was great. But if you don't like your assignement certainly ask to be changed.

October last year Celecrity changed the whole of the upper tier of the MDR to select. The lower tier is now fixed dining.

October last year Celecrity changed the whole of the upper tier of the MDR to select. The lower tier is now fixed dining.

No, it is not, at least on the Nov Equinox transatlantic, only the star bound side of upper MDR was for select dinning

We enjoyed getting shared tables in Select Dinning

Edited by Airbalancer

I am not sure who gives us these ideas.....

That is the table poster is talking about, remember the tables in each picture you see may differ.

and as there is always plenty of room. you do not want to be upstairs in select, that you may be placed, side by side, by side, like a picnic table.

dsc00743n.jpg

dsc00787b.jpg

dsc00789h.jpg

Just got off the Silhouette today. We had a "table for 2". They had 3 tables together with about 2 inches between them, so it fact is was a table for 6!!! The waiter waited until all 6 of us arrived before taking out orders and then proceeded to take the orders from the 3 women then the 3 men.

Couple in the middle were not very friendly.

It was not a good experience.

Just got off the Silhouette today. We had a "table for 2". They had 3 tables together with about 2 inches between them, so it fact is was a table for 6!!! The waiter waited until all 6 of us arrived before taking out orders and then proceeded to take the orders from the 3 women then the 3 men.

Couple in the middle were not very friendly.

It was not a good experience.

Man that stinks. I would want to change tables for sure. If they won't do that, we maybe even go to a specialty restaurant every night.

Can you go to the dining room early and change your table if you don't like the location?

• 3 years later...
Just came across this old thread. I'm assuming table 230 is still against the wine tower? Asking because we found out we have this table for 2 on our upcoming Equinox sailing :)

How could you possibly have found that out? I've never heard of anyone finding out their table number before cruising. And I would think it would be highly likely that the table numbers are no longer the same from three years ago. On our last cruise, they weren't even the same from the cruise before!

• 1 year later...

Resurrecting this old thread as I did an email request for table 230 late sitting with the dining dept for our May 26 (2017) Equinox cruise and it was confirmed today, although from the diagram I don't see the wine tower. I asked for that table or any other not right next to other two tops and it DOES look like that's still the case.

Fingers crossed and thanks for the info.

Linda

If the table number has stayed the same over 3 years that is extremely rare.

They often change cruise to cruise. Have seen it numerous times on B2Bs. That is why the first night (and sometimes longer) you will see the staff seating you need to consult their "map"

I agree that it's probably not the same #230, but at least it isn't in a row of 6 or 8 two tops, which is what I wanted to avoid. They sent me a schematic for this sailing for at least that part of the dining room, so I guess we'll see once we board. As I said, fingers crossed.

Linda

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 3 months later...

Follow up. We had table 230 on our 26 May 2017 cruise and it WAS one of the two tops next to the wine tower. Great, kind of out of the way location. Loved it and also loved our servers, Proseco and Jasmine and our wonderful sommelier, Jasminka.

a87cc19ebae91093e4564942e4d428ec.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Lots of tables for two people in the Blu restaurant.

Follow up. We had table 230 on our 26 May 2017 cruise and it WAS one of the two tops next to the wine tower. Great, kind of out of the way location. Loved it and also loved our servers, Proseco and Jasmine and our wonderful sommelier, Jasminka.

a87cc19ebae91093e4564942e4d428ec.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I was on the the Equinox last week. Our table for two was, without exaggeration, 6 inches from the table for two next to us. We all lucked out and the four or us thoroughly enjoyed the each other's company. However, a private conversation with my spousal unit would have been completely out of the question.

I was on the the Equinox last week. Our table for two was, without exaggeration, 6 inches from the table for two next to us. We all lucked out and the four or us thoroughly enjoyed the each other's company. However, a private conversation with my spousal unit would have been completely out of the question.

Yup, that's why I requested that table ahead of time and kept my fingers crossed that it was one of the ones around the wine tower. We're REALLY glad that it worked out so well, but aren't sure we will be that lucky next time. Don't mind meeting other people, but it's not a nice private dinner experience.

Considering Aqua/Blu for our next cruise - just not sure that the menus will be right for us.