Early access to cabin - sharing cabin for a bit

uncletr21

For those that have this perk from sailing a lot or from buying FTTF; can you allow friends/family from another cabin into your cabin before theirs is open?

Seems like an obvious 'sure, done all the time' but could also see Carnival not wanting extra pax walking in hallway to that open cabin and could check seapass cards before enter hallway.

Yeah, how DO They control that anyway? IS there someone in the hallway checking s&s cards? I know I've been on cruises before they had FTTF and have gone to check out my cabin as soon as I boarded...nothing was ever said.:confused:

i haven't been on any cruises where the staff uses gestapo tactics, my experience has always been that the passenger is treated like an adult who is honest and above board in their daily dealings.

just like with smuggling and rum runners and all of the other things passengers do to get around the system it is all about self-entitlement. if a single cabin purchases the FTTF that is for their benefit not for the benefit of the other 10 families traveling with them. even though the FTTF cabins are available and no one will probably say anything it really is about stealing, so its all about someone's inner conscious.

remember that these hallways are access to all the cabins and stewards and their assistants are working hard to get things ready for ALL the passengers. A continually stream of passengers with all their paraphernalia can hinder the process and make it more difficult to get others to their cabins in a timely manner.

Of course you can invite someone into your cabin. That is not stealing nor a sense of entitlement. Your cabin is ready, you can use it as you see fit.

Simply having a few guests walk to your cabin is in no way disruptive of the work being done! Unless you plan to tackle them or sit down in the hallway, of course :)

A different answer might be justified if you were asking if they could go to the head of the lines and have early boarding, but you were not.

Of course you can invite someone into your cabin. That is not stealing nor a sense of entitlement. Your cabin is ready, you can use it as you see fit.

Simply having a few guests walk to your cabin is in no way disruptive of the work being done! Unless you plan to tackle them or sit down in the hallway, of course :)

A different answer might be justified if you were asking if they could go to the head of the lines and have early boarding, but you were not.

the signs on the access (fire doors) clearly read for FTTF passengers (or something similar). that means cabins are available only to a select group of passengers, not the entire world. no where does it read FTTF passengers and their guests.

the signs on the access (fire doors) clearly read for FTTF passengers (or something similar). that means cabins are available only to a select group of passengers, not the entire world. no where does it read FTTF passengers and their guests.

Just like everything else, there are those that want to take advantage of the crews non-confrontational graciousness....

The fact is as you say, the perk is only for those in the cabin that purchase it. Is it a big deal for the parents in one cabin to have their children in another cabin tag along......no.....but then there are those groups of 10 cabins of friends and family that are going to want to tromp down the hallway to all drop their luggage....they know that it's wrong and yes it can get crowded in the hallways with all the carts and luggage and stuff.......but they are going to do it anyway.....

Just as they will continue to bring guests to the past guest party who have not received an invitation. And before someone says that's allowed this is what the current invitation says.

OFF HAVING A BALL WITH THE VIFP CLUB

(DON'T WAIT UP)

I'm enjoying complimentary drinks and appetizers with other Gold, Platinum & Diamond members of the VIFP Club. I'll catch up with you later!

If you ask at Guest Services or the CD if you can bring a guest, out of politness on their part (because it was rude on your part to ask in the first place) they are in all likelyhood going to say sure.

What does "FTTF" mean? Does it cost more money or something? Sorry I'm in the dark on this.

It is a for-purchase perk that allows the purchaser to board the ship before most of the other passengers and to have their cabin available for luggage drop-off (and use) as soon as they embark. You purchase it per cabin, it costs $50, and is intended for the sole use of people booked in that cabin. Carnival sells about 15 or 20 of these per cruise depending on the diamond passengers they have.

Thank you so much for the explanation. Sounds like it could be a good thing to try sometime. I'm still wondering what the initials stand for. Supposing the "F" stands for "First."

Faster To The Fun and it is sold in the excursion sections, online, for cruises where it is available.

FTTF = "Faster To The Fun" . It's $49.95 (per cabin), and it is limited to approximately 30 cabins or less, depending on the ship. Not all ships offer this (yet), but it is growing in popularity. It's booked under "excursions", and, according to my PVP, you book it on the same day that your final payment is due (but I think you can book it sooner than that). It is a limited number, and sells out very quickly. So if you're interested, don't wait, or you'll be out of luck. There are some other benefits with it. If you go to Carnival's web site you can get all of the details.:)

There are several Platinum posters that say they always go right to their cabins and they are always ready. On our last cruise, on the Conquest, we went to our cabin on the Lido, there was a Carnival employee stopping people from going to their cabins. We asked if we could drop off our carryon and she made a call and said that our cabin was not ready but we could drop the carryon. We did and put our vaulables in the safe, but our cabin was not even close to being ready. The hallway was filled with cleaning supplies and a vacum cleaner, I can certainly understand why they don't want a bunch of people trying to get to thier cabins early.

Now I understand that ships that offer FTTF have the cabins ready for FTTF, platinum and above. But that doesn't mean all the cabins are ready so the stewards are still working in those hallways. If you have another couple with you than it should be okay but I would not try to have 4 or more additional people going to your cabin. If you simply want to drop carryons then you could do that without bringing everyone along.

Archived