Attempt at a Semi- LIVE report from the Adventure of the Seas b2b, Feb 17 & 24, 2013!

ckrobyn

Adventure looks to be just over 5 miles off of the coast of St. Bart's and traveling at 6.4 knots heading of 131 degrees. No other cruise ships around.

Interesting departure from St. Maarten tonight - we actually pulled away from the dock at the exact same time as the Norwegian Epic....I have never had that experience before. Mind you, we went in two different directions! :o

Good evening from the beautiful Adventure of the Seas....on the move, somewhere between St. Maarten and our next port of call, Antigua :)

We had a GREAT day on my favorite island. We rented a Jeep from Coastal rentals (there were 5 ships in port with us and Hertz was sold out) we know the island well, and Ocean Boy is right, it is very easy to navigate. We took the long route to the French Side, through Marigot until we reached Mullet Bay. The waves were very unfriendly today :eek: The beach itself and the water is maginificent. You can easily see planes taking off and landing as it is right next door to Princess Juliana Airport. We were docked today with MSC Poesia, Norwegian Epic, Celebrity Reflection and ....another small ship I forget the name of!!! The island was busy, but it didn't bother us -we will always love it. We spent 2 glorious weeks there on our honeymoon a million years ago :rolleyes:

Tonight we had dinner in the Windjammer. For those sushi lovers out there, it was really really good!!!! It was a nice break from the MDR, although as I have mentioned, the food all around has been very good. Strawberry daiquiris are now available - I had a Love Connection today by the pool and it was delicious.

Tomorrow we are in Antigua with no set plan. I think we will probably do a bit of shopping around the port area. We have been to Antigua and done the beach thing before, so we will take it easy by the pool in the afternoon.

More tomorrow!!!! :p Going to hang out on my balcony for a bit....nothing like the sound of the sea at night......so soothing.

OB great job with tracking the AOS & those ships around her! I've often wondered what ship we were seeing at a distance ...

Robyn have you seen Claudia working on the Promenade?

I will look for her, but yes, I'm sure I have seen her......I remembered her name on the badge.

. We were docked today with MSC Poesia, Norwegian Epic, Celebrity Reflection and ....another small ship I forget the name of!!!

I think it was the Club Med II.

Did you get to see St. Bart's before you sailed by the island? Seabourn Spirit is way behind you heading off to the west. No other cruise ships near you. You might get to see the lights of St. Kitts later on the starboard side of the ship but I think you will be passing at least 20 or maybe 25 miles off of the coast so it may not be visible.

You should be in port tomorrow with Celebrity's Summit. It is coming from St. Lucia.

Enjoy the evening! I'm glad they got the strawberry daiquiris going!

Edited by Ocean Boy

I will look for her, but yes, I'm sure I have seen her......I remembered her name on the badge.

Claudia was one of the nicest & very friendly we people we met on our first cruise on the AOS ... and she remembered us each time we returned! Glad to here she's still there! :D

Did you get to see St. Bart's before you sailed by the island? Seabourn Spirit is way behind you heading off to the west. No other cruise ships near you. You might get to see the lights of St. Kitts later on the starboard side of the ship but I think you will be passing at least 20 or maybe 25 miles off of the coast so it may not be visible.

You should be in port tomorrow with Celebrity's Summit. It is coming from St. Lucia.

Robyn .... we'll be on the Summit so if you can get any info about her please feel free to share. It is our first time on Celebrity ...

Claudia was one of the nicest & very friendly we people we met on our first cruise on the AOS ... and she remembered us each time we returned! Glad to here she's still there! :D

Robyn .... we'll be on the Summit so if you can get any info about her please feel free to share. It is our first time on Celebrity ...

I checked this morning and Claudia has in fact left the Adventure :( The person I spoke with at the counter had no idea where she went :confused:

I don't know much about the Summit, other than it is parked next to us right now, and it looks like a beautiful ship!!!!!

Yes! That's it - it was the Club Med 2 :) VERY small vessel.

Likewise will follow thread with great interest. On AOS in May

Cabin 8293 PR abit concerned about how bad things are onboard.

Hope you enjoy your holiday

Rita

There is nothing bad onboard!!!!!!

Other than some slight wear in a few areas, if you weren't looking for it, you would never notice :o

Good Morning from sunny and lovely Antigua :D

Right now I am sitting at a bar called "Cheers" enjoying a Carib beer and free WiFi - gotta love island life!!! I could get very used to this....okay, maybe not the beer at 11:30am.....but everything else!!! LOL

I have done minimal damage at Diamonds International :rolleyes: just a few baubles....

Okay, here is some interesting info from onboard. I filled out the comment card at the end of the last cruise and commented that the fact they took the turndown chocolates away from the suites was a very cheap move, and very obvious to repeat guests. Guess what was on my pillow last night??? LOL!!!! Ghirardelli chocolates :D I guess they really do read those cards because I didn't mention this to anyone else!

I have heard that Toronto is being pounded with snow....I feel bad....but not THAT bad!!! I'm going to spend the afternoon at the pool......

More later......

Thanks for following along!!!!

Hi ckrobyn! Loving this thread... We sail on the TA in April. Any chance you could find out what the Red wine is on the premium package? There seems to be a lot of confusions as to what is House wine?

Thanks a lot! And enjoy the sun x

I will look into this for you....

I checked this morning and Claudia has in fact left the Adventure :( The person I spoke with at the counter had no idea where she went :confused:

I don't know much about the Summit, other than it is parked next to us right now, and it looks like a beautiful ship!!!!!

I'm glad the ship is there as I would hate to think that I had supplied any incorrect information!:eek:

Major rain storm here today. At least it is not snow. Indy is in Jamaica today. Tomorrow evening my ride will start heading back to Ft. Lauderdale to pick me up.:) :)

Edited by Ocean Boy

Good Morning from sunny and lovely Antigua :D

Right now I am sitting at a bar called "Cheers" enjoying a Carib beer and free WiFi - gotta love island life!!! I could get very used to this....okay, maybe not the beer at 11:30am.....but everything else!!! LOL

I have done minimal damage at Diamonds International :rolleyes: just a few baubles....

Okay, here is some interesting info from onboard. I filled out the comment card at the end of the last cruise and commented that the fact they took the turndown chocolates away from the suites was a very cheap move, and very obvious to repeat guests. Guess what was on my pillow last night??? LOL!!!! Ghirardelli chocolates :D I guess they really do read those cards because I didn't mention this to anyone else!

I have heard that Toronto is being pounded with snow....I feel bad....but not THAT bad!!! I'm going to spend the afternoon at the pool......

More later......

Thanks for following along!!!!

Enjoying your live review --- awesome!!!! You're right, it does appear they are reading those comment cards. I too missed the little chocolates each night, I know it really isn't that big a deal, but it was nice just the same :o;)

Sure wish I could be sitting by the pool on the Adventure this afternoon, too - instead of sitting here at work with rainy, windy, cold and just plain crappy weather here - better than snow I suppose!!!

Enjoy Robyn and thanks for letting us sail along with you!!!

Barb

2 Question's.

1. Is the Premium Drink Package worth the price. 2 person in a cabin $770 for a 7 night cruise?

2. Beside the Drink Menu I find on the web. What other drinks can you purchase with the drink package?

Thanks 940 hours until we sail on AOS.

Edited by CLL Ranger

Boy I wish I was there with you right now! This snow thing is getting really old! 10 more inches and another storm for Monday. Where's Spring!

Anyhow, we are in the final planning days before our TA can start looking for our Air/Hotel package for next February for our group and she wondered if I had any ideas about hotels in SJ. I know not to book the Comfort Inn but I was hoping you seasoned cruisers out of SJ could offer a couple of names of some places to look into using for the hotel part of our package. I'm sure it will have to be one that has a bigger selection of rooms because even though most of us are sharing a room with someone we still need 18 or 19 rooms. Thanks so much for helping us out! :) I don't know what I'd do without the cruisers on this site! You make our cruises A+ with the knowledge you give us. I do know we don't want a room near any caves! ;) I don't like those things!!!!!!!!

Waiting to hear more great adventures!

Robin

We love the Sheraton Old San Juan-we like being in Old San Juan a few days before we sail

We had the same problem on Brilliance a few weeks ago-no Strawberry mix! What the heck?

We too will be on Summit next February would love to hear more about her

Hi Robyn!

My friend, Jackie & I had a wonderful cruise last week on AOS! Thanks for planning the meet & mingle, as well as the cabin crawl.

I love St. Martin. My husband & I have vacationed there several times. I purposely chose a cruise that didn't stop at that port b/c it just wouldn't have been enough time for me!

It's fun to read this report & imagine that I'm sitting on the balcony instead of facing the reality of watching the rain change to snow in central Ohio.

Have fun!!

It looks like Adventure is just departing Antigua. Summit is starting to move. Next stop is St. Lucia.

You will be passing Montserrat, Guadeloupe, Dominica, and Martinique tonight. It is too early in the voyage for me to get an estimate on how close you will come to each island.

Carnival Valor will be with you in St. Lucia tomorrow.

Have good evening aboard!

Edited by Ocean Boy

Wow, you are only about 8 miles off the shore of Montserrat. Can you see lights? Too bad it must be way to dark to see the volcano. When we sailed Serenade the captain brought us very close to shore and gave us a great view of the devastation from the eruption that buried an entire town.

You are about 33 miles from Guadaloupe. Estemates are that it will be off the port side of the ship in about 1hrs. 30mins. unless you change cruising speed. But it looks like you will be about 15 miles off of its shore. Maybe you will be able to see lights in the distance.

Edited by Ocean Boy