Attempt at a Semi- LIVE report from the Adventure of the Seas b2b, Feb 17 & 24, 2013!

ckrobyn

Robyn,

Thank you for your report the past 2 weeks. DH and I are doing a b2b on the Adventure in April. We will be visiting the same ports, so all of your posts have been most helpful.

Enjoy your last day at sea and safe travels.:)

I just wanted to say that it was nice meeting you last week. I enjoyed the Meet & Greet. Sorry we dropped out of the Meet & Mingle at the last minute, but my dh and dd got up late and were ready to hit the pool.

We loved Adventure. It was one of the best family vacations we ever had. San Juan was awesome and our only disappointment was not booking a back-to-back.

Have a great end of your trip.

Cheers,

Koohiichan (Cheryl & family)

We left for the airport at 1:30 from Old San Juan for a 4pm flight. We were delayed due to the protest/bridge closure combo by 50 minutes which was a fluke, I'm sure, but once we got to the airport, things went smoothly and moved at a normal pace. I would definitely plan to head for the airport 2.5 hours early. Otherwise, we had no issues with San Juan's airport or port. Very typical and easy to navigate. Regarding embark/disembark for the ship we found it easy as well. Arrived around noon to the ship. Left at 10 am. You will love Adventure!

Thanks :D There are so many of us willing to share our experiences, I'm sure we can answer any and all questions on our favorite shp!!!

CKRobyn = I have truly enjoyed traveling along side you for the past two weeks. Here's hoping that you will remain active somewhere within this thread after your return, as DW and I have questions concerning sailing the southern routes. We have never sailed southern Caribbean, yet will be on the Oasis for a Western at the end of April. I have some questions concerning booking a southern cruise while onboard the Oasis: just along the lines of best time in Spring (March/April timeframe) to book; best ship to book for southern route; hotel recommendation; best route for southern; etc.

Here's hoping that your final days at sea are the greatest! Mine last day at sea is always my most difficult, as I know I will have to leave. Take care and all of my best!:)

Antigua free WiFi spot...It's right on the pier. You can see it from the ship!

gE3E0pHj

Thank you for posting this picture ... That is where we will be meeting for our excursion when we arrive on the Summit!

Well, Adventure has departed Barbados and is cruising at 14.7 kts. making the journey back to San Juan. Tomorrow you should be able to see many of the islands by daylight that you could only see the lights of on the way down. If you are lucky, your captain will did what ours did on Serenade. He gave us a brief history of each island as we passed by. He also spent some time at Montserrat just off of the shore to give us a look at the volcano and the town that was buried. I do not know how much has been done to restore the town, if anything. It was amazing to see.

Independence is on its way to Ft. Lauderdale and that ship and I have a date for tomorrow. Since I still have a fair amount to do to get ready this might be my last post to the thread tonight. So if I don't get back on here tonight, enjoy your two nights and your upcoming sea day. And have a safe trip home. This thread has been fun. When I get back I'll look forward to seeing how this thread has progressed.

OB have a wonderful cruise ... and maybe we'll bump into each other in San Juan!

Robyn the AOS thread has been on my subscription now for several years ... I love staying current with it. I will miss the posts by you, OB & Aviator. I do know that CC has something they allow for "groups" to post that do stay open ... That thread certainly has served people VERY well! We got a lot of helpful hints and actually now arrive/stay in San Juan based on all the news of what great experiences people were having there!

Enjoy the sea day ...

I was just in the Concierge Lounge chatting with Sylvia and she is leaving next week for the Splendor I have enjoyed getting to know her and wish her well on her new ship!!!

Robyn,

Who will replace Sylvia in the CL? Is DeDe coming back ?

Robyn thank you for bringing the 2 weeks to life for me. I do the same b2b on the31st and I was already excited before ready your daily post, now I can hardly sleep with the anticipation of it all! I will look forward to seeing some of your photos when you get back.maybe one day we will sail together.

Julie

Robyn - thanks for the fun cruise along with you the past two weeks! We are now looking forward to our Apr 7 cruise on the Adventure even more. You did a great job posting and really making us all feel like we were right there with you. Also, thanks to Ocean Boy for his navigation updates. Have a safe trip home!

I am actually okay with the thread being closed. I believe it has definitely served it's purpose and it has been running consistently for 7 years!!! :p

There are now so many of us that love our AOS - we can simply respond to questions as they arise.

CHEERS to everyone that kept the thread alive for so many years!!! WE did a great job!!!! :D

That thread was the reason I finally booked the Adventure. Figured that I better sail her before they move her!

Robyn, thanks for all the great info you have provided and for all the posts of this cruise. It was really enjoyable and I can't wait for 2014 :D

A final good evening from the beautiful Adventure of the Seas :( I'm sad......but I'm happy too. Happy that I had the opportunity to spend 2 glorious weeks on the ship that I love :D

Today at sea was magnificent. The weather could not have been better. The sun was shining and there was NO wind. Yes, that's right....NO wind!!!! I think I have the darkest tan I have ever had - we were blessed with amazing weather for 17 straight days!!!

Our flight leaves San Juan at 2:25pm tomorrow - we have a 4 hour layover in Miami (hoping for free wifi!) and then we land in Toronto at 11:35pm. A long day for sure.

I will post a final recap of the cruise and I will answer all questions upon my return.

It has been an absolute pleasure reporting LIVE from the Adventure.....I hope you have enjoyed the past 2 weeks onboard with me!!!! Wishing you all a safe and pleasant journey home ;) LOL

I was just in the Concierge Lounge chatting with Sylvia and she is leaving next week for the Splendor I have enjoyed getting to know her and wish her well on her new ship!!!

Robyn,

Who will replace Sylvia in the CL? Is DeDe coming back ?

Not sure who the replacement is?

DeDe is supposed to return to the AOS.....not sure when though?? :confused:

That thread was the reason I finally booked the Adventure. Figured that I better sail her before they move her!

Robyn, thanks for all the great info you have provided and for all the posts of this cruise. It was really enjoyable and I can't wait for 2014 :D

aaaaaaw!!!!!

You are most welcome!!!! :)

Robyn ... I've had a great time cruising with you the past 2 weeks ... now just one week (6 days) till I'm onboard the Summit. Only 1 work day left ... and we leave here on Wed.

Have a safe, albeit long, trip home .... Guessing OB is headed to some caves this week!

Your AOS thread has a link setup by CC to another "All things Adventure" thread .... so we can continue there!!!

I'll be looking for your pictures next!

Ah you have been following her too....

Yes really enjoyed it! Roll on 7 weeks!

Yes :) getting so excited

6 weeks for us:) looking forward to meeting everyone, looks like a really friendly crowd going to be onboard :)

Sam x

Hi Robyn, and a big THANK YOU for taking us on your cruise:D

Only 2 more weeks before we are on our way:p

Really looking forward to the photos you have been taking for us;)

(cabins etc)

What version was on the C&A coupons ?

(Know that on May 1st it will be loaded on our sea passes )

:DGood Morning Robyn!!!!! I loved your review for two weeks. We will be on the Adventure a week from today!!!! One couple in my group is wondering which ports and where have the free WiFi..I did see your picture in Antigua..Perfect.

Thank You..for the help

Angela

Good Morning :D

I am sitting at our gate at the airport. Disembarkation was fine. Yes, there were some lines, but not the bedlam as I recall in years past....

Wow.....it is really over? All the planning, the excitement, the anticipation and everything else that goes along with cruising. Hard to believe that in a few short weeks ....poof! it's all over :( I have 2 more cruises booked.....and I am in full planning mode for a lane vacay :eek: Yup.....you heard right, a land vacay :eek: this summer....in Los Angeles/Beverly Hills - so I will have a lot to keep me occupied. Oh, and I do work full time when I am not on vacation! LOL

The Adventure is a wonderful ship and it is so obvious that her crew is very proud. I will say this though......the entertainment in my opinion was not up to par. Hopefully the headliners will be different in the weeks to come. I cannot find fault with anything on either week of my cruise - we really had an outstanding cruise all around.

The chair hogs were out in full force - although we had the reserved poolside seating so instead of fighting with them, we just watched other people getting irritated. The deck patrol were not all that interested in the fact there were chair hogs......:confused:

The shops onboard need to fill up their shelves. I had read that the selection was not that great, and sadly it's true. Having said that, there are souvenirs to be found on every island.

I will be looking back at this thread when I am home and will answer questions. I will also be creating a photo album on photobucket and will post a link.