Attempt at a Semi- LIVE report from the Adventure of the Seas b2b, Feb 17 & 24, 2013!

ckrobyn

So glad to hear the weather was good today. Hopefully the seas stay calm for the rest of the trip. I have inlaws on board and it is a first time cruise for two of them. Hoping they are not having any trouble with motion sickness.

Please keep up the great review and can't wait to see your photos when you return.

Tomorrow we are in Aruba and the forecast looks good - should be 88 and sunny with partly cloudy skies. We are headed to Palm Beach in the morning and shopping in the afternoon. I have been to Aruba many times and enjoy the island :) We will be in port until 10PM.

Wow, Adventure is staying until later in Aruba again. That is a nice depature time. You should go over to the far side of the island and see the rugged beauty of this place. Of course, that would mean leaving the beach.:eek:

I am an addict too. Thank you Robyn for all your info. I leave March 10th on Adventure of the Seas for the Southern Caribbean. I look forward to hearing how the rest of your trip goes.

Stay safe.

Linda

Linda-have you been over on our roll call. Come meet a bunch of great people!

Angela

Wow, Adventure is staying until later in Aruba again. That is a nice depature time. You should go over to the far side of the island and see the rugged beauty of this place. Of course, that would mean leaving the beach.:eek:

hahhaha! I don't do rugged - you know that!!!!:rolleyes:

Yay for free wifi @ Starbucks in ARUBA!!! We are docked here next to the Carnival Breeze....

Magnificent day weather wise - hot and sunny. We started the day by taking a taxi to Palm Beach ($14) and enjoyed about 3 hours there, before heading back to the ship - we grabbed a bite of lunch and came off again to shop and enjoy coffee and free internet :)

Last night was the production show Jackpot and it was good - I think I may have mentioned that already?

Tonite is the late night pool party and midnight buffet at the pool - and the Love and Marriage show - we will be going to all of it. I may need a vacation from the vacation!! We are invited to a cocktail party with the Captain and senior officers tonight at 7:45pm - looking forward to it.

Aruba is a lovely island - very friendly place.....and happy too!!!!

Unfortunately I will not be posting pics until I return.....but I will definitely post them.

That's all for now - thanks for following along. More updates tomorrow!!

Sounds like you are having a wonderful time. Since we are going to be in Aruba so late do you the approximate closing time of the shops in town?

Thank you for sharing your journey with us.

When we were in Aruba until midnight we planned to see other parts of the island and then spend the evening after dinner walking around town and going through the shops. However, the shops started closing up around 6 PM. I was really surprised that they would not stay open with a ship in port. Maybe things have changed but I suspect not.

When we were in Aruba until midnight we planned to see other parts of the island and then spend the evening after dinner walking around town and going through the shops. However, the shops started closing up around 6 PM. I was really surprised that they would not stay open with a ship in port. Maybe things have changed but I suspect not.

OB we took the drive your own Jeep 4x4 in Aruba .... the other side of the island was really nice to see! That took the morning & then we went to Palm Beach for the afternoon ....

Would have loved to stay till 10pm though ....

Hi there Carolyn;

So glad everything is wonderful and ur having a great time..

Are you able to find out when the current Conceirge in the Club Lounge is disembarking - I think sometime in March - just need to know what date the new one embarks...thanking u inadvance,

LIVE from th beautiful island of Curacao! The AOS is currently docked at the Mega Pier, and I am sitting atthe Renaissance Hotel enjoying a strawberry daiquiri and free wifi!!!:) Once again, we have picture perfect weather - hot and sunny!!! We are not sharing the island with any other ships today......very nice!

Last night was a bit of a rocky ride and it was windy on the pool deck for the late night dance party and buffet - but fun nonetheless! The Love and Marriage show was a lot of fun - one of our roll call members were the Newlywed couple and they were probably one of the funniest couples I have ever seen :eek: Way to go Nancy!!!!!

I noticed a question about the time the shops close on Aruba - they close at 6:30PM - many passengers stayed on the island late for tours and some had dinner in local restaurants. It is nice to stay in port until late, we did not feel the least bit rushed at all.

Remember that bottle of Rum cream I told you I bought on St.Thomas? Well, the new policy on the AOS is that you do not collect the liquor yourself, the cabin attendant delivers it to your cabin and apprently there is a list of who is a consecutive cruiser....so......we are having the bottle delivered to friends who are disembarking and they will give it to us ;)

We received our letter for consecutive cruisers letting us know there will be a meeting on Saturday at 2:00PM in the Imperial Lounge to go over how the turnaround day will go. I know there is also a special lunch for us on Sunday. This week has gone slowly for us - we are happy for that! We are also looking forward to 5 great ports next week. We are being spoiled stinking rotten in the Owners Suite - don't know how we will go back to JS's after these 2 weeks!!! :o

Tonight is the Top Tier Party for Platinum and above, as well as our 2nd formal night dinner and of course......Lobster :D

That's all for now......more tomorrow!!! Thanks for following along, I'm happy to be able to do this!!!!

I've been following this thread in advance of our "adventure" on the AOS in a few months but hadn't planned on commenting unless something caught my attention... Which it just did... Mmmmmmm strawberry daiquiri!!

Robyn, if you please carry out an experiment and try and find the best daiquiri (frozen if poss!) on the AOL I'd be super grateful! :D;)

Good morning -I am awake, and I DID see my beautiful ship sailing into port at 4:45AM from my hotel room balcony. I can now say officially that "my ship has come in" LOL!!! :p

Today will be a busy one, and I know that I have not had enough sleep.....but the adrenaline of embarkation day will keep me going! :D We expect to leave the hotel at about 10:15AM for a short 10 minute ride to the pier.

Some additional information::

We chose early seating this cruise, and we are in Owner's Suite 1300 for both weeks of our b2b. This is our very first OS and we are super excited about it! I received a letter from our Concierge, Sylvia earlier in the week inviting me to email her with any special requests we may have. Our Captain is Ole Johan Grunhaug (sp?) and our CD is Anthony Richards who is replacing a vacationing Drew Devine.

My next post will be from onboard the beautiful Adventure of the Seas!!! Thanks for following along - I am happy to share my love of cruising and of course my love of the AOS. The information I have gained over the years from CC has been priceless - now it's time to give back. Again, I will post as often as I can :)

It's time for ADVENTURE!!!!!!:D

Hey Robyn! I was wondering how the embarkation process went? Was the security very thorough? ;) How long did it take to board? Do you know how the wine process works...do you just carry it on with you? I am so excited! I will be leaving in 2 days and will see you at the pool bar at 4pm.

Hi Robyn,

Looking forward to BBM'ing with you tomorrow! We miss you guys!! Darn these crappy carriers and their serviceless islands! ;)

You are so lucky missing all this crappy weather. If we aren't freezing our tukases off, we are waiting for the latest snowstorm to hit. There is another 20cm expected on Tuesday.

Hope you are having a fabulous time! Two weeks today we head south! :)

<3

I'm getting a real kick out of OB trying to get you to leave the nest. She's not ready to fly yet OB! Maybe when she is Pinnacle?! ;)

Edited by Shar27