Carnival Corp Shareholder Benefits

Chelly

I am going on a HAL cruise in Oct.

I don't currently own Carnival Corp shares but plan to buy the minimum 100 shares before sailing. Does anyone know if I can take advantage of the shareholders benefit since I didn't own the stocks before booking?

Thanks.

C

I am going on a HAL cruise in Oct.

I don't currently own Carnival Corp shares but plan to buy the minimum 100 shares before sailing. Does anyone know if I can take advantage of the shareholders benefit since I didn't own the stocks before booking?

Thanks.

C

YES. As long as you purchase them in enough time to get the documentation and then fax it to HAL so that the OBC will show up on your account.

Terri

how much do you get for obs. If a solo, or double. Also can I have my brother put on stocks cert. He probably would not travel with me as he is going to Alaska and I am not going to Alaska this year. I am looking for a cruise in the next few months. He does solo's and I do too but this time i have my friend with me.

Thanks

Mary

I would not buy the stock just to get shipboard credit.

It is very difficult to get the credit. I always have to argue with them after I return home because they do not post it on my account on teh ship. When I return home,I have to fight hard with them to get teh credit.

I was succesful up until now. I am still fighting with them over credit for a Jan 4th 2013 cruise.

They only give credit for 1 individual in a stateroom. That is in reply of the question of putting two names on the stock. If the 2 people travel seperately( seperate cruises or staterooms) ,it may be acceptable .

I would not buy the stock just to get shipboard credit.

It is very difficult to get the credit. I always have to argue with them after I return home because they do not post it on my account on teh ship. When I return home,I have to fight hard with them to get teh credit.

I was succesful up until now. I am still fighting with them over credit for a Jan 4th 2013 cruise.

They only give credit for 1 individual in a stateroom. That is in reply of the question of putting two names on the stock. If the 2 people travel seperately( seperate cruises or staterooms) ,it may be acceptable .

That is disappointing to hear. I just contacted broker about shares purchase. I certainly would like to hear from others who have had good/bad experiences obtaining credit.

I've never failed to receive my OBC, but then again I make sure it shows up on my reservation within a few days after I fax in the documentation. I've never boarded the ship not knowing I had the OBC credited. Never had to argue with HAL about it. "Difficult" is NOT a term to describe getting my OBC that would even cross my mind.

That is disappointing to hear. I just contacted broker about shares purchase. I certainly would like to hear from others who have had good/bad experiences obtaining credit.

Once you fax your info to the World Cruise department, you can call them for confirmation. They were nothing but nice to me when I talked to them about the procedure for getting mu OBC from the shares. When I called to confirm receipt, they even confirmed my OBC from all sources...previous booking credit and that from my TA

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I've had the CCL stock since 2006, and have used it on many, many cruises since. The $250 credit per cruise, two, three, four times a year is a great benefit that has more than refunded the price of the stock. :)

I have never had a problem getting the credit. I send a statement to my TA, and she sends it in to HAL. Within a few days I have a new cruise confimation showing the OBC.

Easy enough.

They do say and write that I have the shipboard credit before I get on the ship. When I get on teh ship,I always check with the front desk and ask to make sure. They don't have it and tell me to go to my travel agent. You can show them a statement that you have it;and,it makes no difference.

Once you return home, the negotiations begin... They (Seattle) is saying tough luck now about my Jan 4th 2013 cruise credit.

They do say and write that I have the shipboard credit before I get on the ship. When I get on teh ship,I always check with the front desk and ask to make sure. They don't have it and tell me to go to my travel agent. You can show them a statement that you have it;and,it makes no difference.

Once you return home, the negotiations begin... They (Seattle) is saying tough luck now about my Jan 4th 2013 cruise credit.

I could be wrong, but based on the info I've been reading, at the time of booking, or at least two weeks before cruising, the cruiser sends shareholder documentation to TA and TA in turn sends this to HAL. Perhaps this is where your problem originates?

BUY it TODAY! At 37.20 the price is not bad (IMO) and if you buy it BEFORE Feb 20 you get a dividend of 25 cents (it goes x-dividend on Feb 20, so you basically luck out with your timing). Plus you get a $1 (or more if they increase it) per share in dividends per year.

Price is down a bit over the past week due to the Carnival bad news, but IMO this will soon pass (like it did last year after that disaster).

Be sure to buy at least 100 shares. And, if you want, you can sell covered calls on your position to earn even more return (ask your broker about this).

DaveOKC

Is your confirmation statement from HAL? Or from your TA?

For some reason I am getting the feeling that your TA must be doing something wrong. You are the only one who posts of such difficulty, while there are many of us who post it's an easy process with no problems.

It just doesn't make sense that Seattle has singled you out.

Our TA sends us a copy after final payment is made showing all the shipboard credit that we are due.

I make copies of that paper.

It has been a while but we also had trouble with getting our shipboard credit on a couple of cruises. I would just give them one of the copies showing what we are due. It took them a couple of days to get it straightened out.

I always ask to see a copy of our shipboard account about day 2 of the cruise so that issues like this can be taken care of before the cruise ends.

This is great as I am going on a 15 day transatlantic. I am just curious, I currently have $75 OBC through travelocity with a promotion. How would this work, would I get onboard credit from both?

Yes

We are able to combine shipboard credit from:

our TA

from owning Carnival stock

from using AMEX Platinum card to pay for the cruise

from having bought Future Cruise Credit while cruising

Archived