Triumph passengers = collective stockholm syndrome

cruisefied

I notice that as the passengers leave the ship, they are so overjoyed at being on land, they cannot bring themselves to logically address the ordeal they just went through or those that were responsible for causing it.

odd.

.. or they are a whole lot of people with common sence who saw how everybody worked to make this "trip" as comfortable as possible in the view of a situation they couldn't change!

.. or they are a whole lot of people with common sence who saw how everybody worked to make this "trip" as comfortable as possible in the view of a situation they couldn't change!

If I get carjacked, I will do what I have to do, to deal with the situation I can't change at that moment, but once it is over and i'm able to, I will hold the carjacker responsible.

same principle.

I notice that as the passengers leave the ship, they are so overjoyed at being on land, they cannot bring themselves to logically address the ordeal they just went through or those that were responsible for causing it.

odd.

We must not have been watching the same thing.

If I get carjacked, I will do what I have to do, to deal with the situation I can't change at that moment, but once it is over and i'm able to, I will hold the carjacker responsible.

same principle.

apples and oranges. and it seems like many on the ship were/are rationale sane adults who understood the situation for exactly what it was and can differentiate between fact and fiction.

odd.

Or. . .the media hyped the situation making it sound worse than it really was. Now that the ship is docked, the real stories coming forth are not matching that hype?

Don't get me wrong. . .I don't assume this situation was fun or pleasant for anyone, but constantly calling this the "Cruise from Hell" creates impressions. Costa Concordia was the, "Cruise from Hell" this one apparently more the, "Cruise of Gross Annoyances and Inconvenience."

I mean seriously, when can we expect idiotic threads like this to stop popping up. You were wrong. The people weren't what the media made them out to be. Put on your big boy pants, admit you were wrong, and move on.

On a side note, it appears that "Walmart's" customers know how to handle less than ideal circumstances.

Stockholm Syndrome ??

Tomato sandwiches, sleeping on a deck chair, poop in a bag, pee in a bucket ... Oh, the humanity!

I've been on rougher camping trips.

America is getting way too soft.

I agree with a lot of the comments on here. Hell, Carnival probably did some of these people a favor by possibly toughening them up over the last few days. We are certainly a coddled society. The fact that Carnival is offering any compensation for doing these folks a favor is outlandish IMO.

Stockholm Syndrome ??

Tomato sandwiches, sleeping on a deck chair, poop in a bag, pee in a bucket ... Oh, the humanity!

I've been on rougher camping trips.

America is getting way too soft.

But, the people didn't choose to go on a camping trip.

A trip like this will put complaints such as "my room steward didn't say good-morning" into perspective.

I agree with a lot of the comments on here. Hell, Carnival probably did some of these people a favor by possibly toughening them up over the last few days. We are certainly a coddled society. The fact that Carnival is offering any compensation for doing these folks a favor is outlandish IMO.

Just gotta ask....if you,or anyone else is "so tough"....why would you ever go on a cruise?

Stockholm syndrome is a bit much lol......but I do believe that getting that extra generator on board so people could clean up before docking wasn't just for the passengers comfort. Carnivals PR of course took into account the visuals and that the press would be there. You know that is true since the crew removed the tents from the decks before they docked.

Just gotta ask....if you,or anyone else is "so tough"....why would you ever go on a cruise?

Lol.......that is so my thought as well! I loved cruising but a cruise is not an adventure! It is the exact opposite of an adventure.

odd.

And I noticed that you only joined Cruise Critic, at least under this screen name, a few days ago so that you could post negative things about Carnival and the Triumph. You weren't on the ship. You don't know everything that really happened. And now you're refusing to accept the word of many of the passengers as to what their experience really was.

odd.

Please!

You sound like one of the reporters looking for the story they hoped to get but didn't.

same principle.

So, who carjacked the ship? It was a fire, not something anybody wanted.

odd.

I saw a number of interviews where I thought they were quite logical in their descriptions. I especially like the couple who had their extended family with them on the cruise, for daughter's 40th birthday. She praised the crew, said that things were trying, that the first day was the worst/scariest, but that she was disappointed with Carnival's response and lack of information to the passengers. To me, that seems like exactly what a logical person would say in response to a situation like this.

I actually like tomato sandwiches and eat them on purpose!

I've been chuckling when I've read about the food provided. My dad is the same way! In my summers as a kid, I had to help in Mom's huge garden. Every day we'd bring the ripe produce into the house, and Dad would make a sandwich with whatever veggie was ripe. His favorites were radish sandwiches, which he also taught me to love, but he also liked onion sandwiches and tomato sandwiches.

I just saw several people on Fox (what we have on at work) say they would get on a cruise tomorrow...one guy said he has three more Carnival cruises booked this year and can't wait.

Yes there were the folks that said never again, but after some time passes I am sure some of them will change their mind.

I love when the voice of reason steps in.

OP - do you work for CNN?

It was the crew who made all the difference!

Not those powerful people who are sitting in some big chairs in Carnival Headquarter!

Aint that the truth. No matter what one's opinion is on why this happened, I think all would agree that the crew constantly goes above and beyond in situations like this.

Archived