Carnival is TOAST!!!!

only1deejay

It was ironic to me to watch the coverage, especially the "EXCLUSIVE" reports from the CNN reporters. Everytime one of the passengers said "it's not as bad as the reports" or "the crew has been so helpful" they were cut off.

This thing turned into a microcosm of what is going on in the USA today. You have the networks that think that any big business is bad and that people should be compensated beyond reasonableness for any discomfort. One of the CNN "commentators" suggested that Carnival should give everyone of these cruisers, cruises for LIFE! Did they say anything about all the airlines that left people on the tarmac for 7 hours years ago getting free airfare for life? No..but now "BIG BUSINESS BAD!!!" Even if this business is not a USA owned business. I was waiting for someone to say that government should take over the cruise industry.

I agree with you. I was watching CNN when they were interviewing someone who was familiar with ships ( I forget what he did - an engineer or mechanic but he was knowledgeable). He heard an announcement and knew there was a problem. He went updeck, smelled and saw some smoke and went down to tell his wife to get dressed. The CNN reporter asked how long it was before he was told exactly what the problem was. The man told him about only 15 minutes. Silence on the reporters side and interview was cut short. This was not a pleasant experience for anyone. But it was an accident and I have to give Carnival credit and of course the Coast Guard for keeping everyone safe.

It's because of this that Carnival won't be "toast". In the next few days there will be another big story that will take attention away from Triumph and focus will shift. Happens all the time. I'm sure there will be updates, such as when they discover the reason for the fire, but that will last a day or two and then be gone.

Exactly, CNN this morning reports it being a total nightmare but they couldn't find any passangers top say that on camera.....CNN IS A JOKE!!!!

It was ironic to me to watch the coverage, especially the "EXCLUSIVE" reports from the CNN reporters. Everytime one of the passengers said "it's not as bad as the reports" or "the crew has been so helpful" they were cut off.

This thing turned into a microcosm of what is going on in the USA today. You have the networks that think that any big business is bad and that people should be compensated beyond reasonableness for any discomfort. One of the CNN "commentators" suggested that Carnival should give everyone of these cruisers, cruises for LIFE! Did they say anything about all the airlines that left people on the tarmac for 7 hours years ago getting free airfare for life? No..but now "BIG BUSINESS BAD!!!" Even if this business is not a USA owned business. I was waiting for someone to say that government should take over the cruise industry!

Completely agree. CNN became a laughing stock quite a while ago. This "coverage" just proved how low they can go.

Exactly, CNN this morning reports it being a total nightmare but they couldn't find any passangers top say that on camera.....

You have a point. I listened to a lot of pax accounts last night, and they were almost all upbeat and did not justify the term nightmare. One guy said it was disgusting but the crew was amazing, he joined a bible group and they pulled through.

Carnival is not toast. CNN may be the joke. Watched their coverage last night. All night. All they wanted to hear from the passengers were the bad things. If they started to say something good amazingly there was phone problems and they were cut off.

Yes by no means was this a good thing and Cahill said so in his press conference. Remember only 20% of the public have ever cruised but 100 % of the public have opinions on this.

Once passengers started getting off the crew was praised by all for their efforts. Passengers talking how bad it was but was "manageable" most of the time. You will always have your negative customers, rightful so with what they just went thru, but good reports are now coming out also.

Just happy no injuries and all home safely.

We have a cruise scheduled for May and our discussion this morning is now is a great time to watch Carnival stock and to buy another 100 shares! Also, I will be hitting Carnival's website looking for cruise bargains for later this year. A special thank you to all the Crew members who went far beyond the expected - Carnival crew is the best at sea! Can't wait to sail in May - wish it were tomorrow.

I am not worried and I am so looking forward to cruising with Carnival n April. In life, anything can happen. You take a chance every time you get in a car, on a motorcycle, on a plane, on a boat, etc. CNN and other media make this out to be such a tragedy. It is nothing compared to the murdered children of Sandy Hook elementary, for example. While conditions were far from ideal, there was food and water and shelter and people are alive and will survive. They are far worse things that could happen.

It's already starting to happen...Carnival is toast after this latest fire and people are not happy...now that we have facebook, twitter and we can get news, info in seconds....people are talking and it's not good about any of the carnival owned ships......trust me...it will take months, maybe years for carnival to gain people's trust again....the competition is laughing at them right now....and the lawyers are at the pier waiting to sign the forms!!! good luck and good nite carnival!!!:):eek:

Computer cruisers, captains , lawyers , and pr execs.

If the dip in stock prices go further down hill I along with many others will gobble up the stock.. Why?. Not because I'm a fan of cruising or a fan of carnival at all... It's because of their market strategy .. They cater to the low end of the cruising spectrum ...there ships will sail full , they will continue to have low prices and sell products and services at great margins to most of the peeps sailing them

I guess what is disturbing is the use of icons the OP chose....a laughing smiley face...:confused:

It was really a horrible thing what these passengers and crew have gone through in the past several days....granted I am so thankful that I was not on that ship....however, I do believe that the crew did everything they could under the circumstances....but to laugh that a company is now "toast".....well I certainly hope not...as that would financially affect thousands of people and businesses....not only Carnival employees, but port workers, hotels, etc. Also I do believe that "Princess" cruise lines is under the Carnival Corporation brand....so it would also affect the prices of your cruiese...

Please folks, think these things through before laughing at something that has affected thousands in a very bad way the last few days, and could also potentially affect thousands more in the days to come.

can only speak for myself and i am still sailing carnival next month. in fact, i am going out of galveston and expect a very full ship with all the triumph passengers who were displaced from their booked cruises.

i'm also looking forward to the conversations with fellow passengers. i am sure we will be talking a lot about what happened this week. it will be interesting to get perspectives from non cc members, or from those who only got info from local news sources and weren't glued to online reports from rabble-rousers like FOX and CNN.

It was ironic to me to watch the coverage, especially the "EXCLUSIVE" reports from the CNN reporters.

Every time one of the passengers said "it's not as bad as the reports" or "the crew has been so helpful" they were cut off.

CNN's laughably-liberal coverage of the event

was nothing short of "Fair & Balanced" - it was so biased it wasn't funny! :cool:

It's already starting to happen...Carnival is toast after this latest fire and people are not happy...now that we have facebook, twitter and we can get news, info in seconds....people are talking and it's not good about any of the carnival owned ships......trust me...it will take months, maybe years for carnival to gain people's trust again....the competition is laughing at them right now....and the lawyers are at the pier waiting to sign the forms!!! good luck and good nite carnival!!!:):eek:

I see that you have sailed on the Princess....do you not realize that Carnival owns Princess? I guess your future cruises may be toast also. If your car engine caught on fire, would you never drive again? Get a reality check!

I sail on 2 lines - Carnival & Celebrity - for different reasons. I sail on Carnival when that is what the rest of my friends can afford - Carnival is not going any place - people will sail and will sail on Carnival. I have a group cruise booked for Oct and not 1 person has dropped out. Not 1.

Archived